2-3 line brakes?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
What's the difference between the 2 and three line system? Is there a performance advantage?

Racers use twin because they're faster to bleed. Less chance of getting an air bubble in the T crossover.

I like twin...

Chris

Less chance of getting an air bubble in the T crossover.

Yes ... bubbles are very bad.

If you do install new lines, or new calipers, or a new junction, or anything that isn't already properly bled, grab a vibrator and run it all the way up and down the line and then really vibrate the hell out of the new part or the new lines after you've moved some fluid through them. This can help break loose any air bubbles clinging to the lines or caliper, or whatever.

Also, be sure to have the calipers oriented so that the bleed nipple is vertically oriented so as to allow all the air to escape and not find a little pocket.

Lastly, I like to use a tube on the bleed nipple and actually have some fluid in the tube against the nipple so that you can be CERTAIN that air is not going in, and further, so that you can see, through the tube, whether air-bubbles are still coming out.

A truly proper bleed job can do wonders for your brakes. Remember that air(gas) compresses, so any tiny bubble in the line must be first compressed by the pressure of the lever, before the pistons will even begin to move, thus reducing the effectiveness of your brakes.

Anyway, that's why there is a vibrator sitting in my tool box. :ummm:

A vibrator eh?

I think when these lines come in, I am going to try to hook up with a local Vmaxer by the name of Brad. But I sure as hell ain't showing up with no vibrator in hand !:rofl_200:

do you have to make it cum to get the air out ??:ummm:
Better keepa rag and goggles handy for that one.:biglaugh:
Bwahahahahahahah.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
<<Dave>>:eusa_dance:

Vibrators are very useful in the toolbox. I used my ex-wife's to get the DynaBeads into my wheels :)

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=6250&highlight=dynabeads

To get back on topic, I use the twin lines for my front brakes and also like them better than the 3-line setup with the T piece.
I think it actually feels a little better on the brake lever too - something to do with having the fluid pressure go straight from M/C to each caliper, rather than through a split..

I use a 2 lines setup when I changed my front setup.
I was told it's improving a little bit the breaking power by removing one step.
But after seeing the feedback of Sean, I'm not sure it does change a lot.
I just can say it's working pretty good tho, but I cannot compare to before.

A vibrator eh?

I think when these lines come in, I am going to try to hook up with a local Vmaxer by the name of Brad. But I sure as hell ain't showing up with no vibrator in hand !:rofl_200:

I don't about that... Brad may just become your "best" friend!:rofl_200:
2 vs 3 line... no difference in performance. Hydraulic pressure is not affected with or without the T. Yes, a 2 line is easier to bleed.

Latest posts

Back