2005 Max - deal or no deal?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, sounds fair if that's all it needs. $5K flash-$$ to ride it home.

I have an opportunity to pick up a 2005 with 13, 000 miles, a full Kerker exhaust and Corbin Seat with backrest for $5,300. Bike is in great shape and needs nothing but a rear tire soon. Deal or no deal?

I have an 05 stock, 20,000 miles, no problems. Love the looks of the 05.

However ,you at this point, are just $10,000 away from a 2012 ZX14.

I would prefer the 05 you are looking at to be pure stock, check it real close.

$4,000.

O

We've got a very modified 2005 here for $6500. It was my personal bike and has a lot of custom parts (including my overdrive/undercut transmission).

Sean

Before you buy take a vary close look at the clear coat on the rim's and front fork's. If not in great condition the price is to high and you can use this as a tool to get lower price. Sean bike might be a great deal. The first thing i would ask him is how much racing is on his bike and will he back it up in any way. Not that im trying to pick on sean I know i would sell my max as is. But maybe he can give you the same warrenty he gives on his engine rebuilds. If you cant do your own work to fix the bike up the way you want it you could be above $6500 in no time with alot less upgrades than sean's bike. I bought my first stock 2002 for $4500 with 5200 miles on it and when i got home i found out about the clear coat peeling problem that the vmax has. I wanted a sissybar and that was $300 for a real good one. I just bought a differnt vary clean stock 2002 with 6000 miles on it with a sissybar and a wind screen for $3950 and im puting $2000 into it and the exhaust is costing me around $1500 after stage 7 is installed. I also put new tires oil change dd clutch. If you do the math it dont take long.2005 is a vary cool bike but dont get hung up on it if its not clean.

I have an opportunity to pick up a 2005 with 13, 000 miles, a full Kerker exhaust and Corbin Seat with backrest for $5,300. Bike is in great shape and needs nothing but a rear tire soon. Deal or no deal?

Deal..... Does he have the stock parts to go with it?

Hi chuck. You got my xmas present done yet. I cant wait to get it. Hope everything is going good for you. Is the freezer full of meat.

I haven't seen the bike yet. Been dealing with the guy on the phone. He lives in Tucson and I am in Phoenix. I will be going down tomorrow to take a look at it. I appreciate the advice in what to look for and ask about. Right know I have a 86 that is stock and I want to get into something newer. Thought this one is a good deal compaired to what the other ones are going for here locally in Arzona.
progress.gif
:ummm:​

We've got a very modified 2005 here for $6500. It was my personal bike and has a lot of custom parts (including my overdrive/undercut transmission).

Sean

I would like to get some more info and pics on your 2005.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6418388678.162909.282702488678&type=3&theater

***Note*** Most items do not have labor added into the price

Suspension/Chassis:
Progressive Springs, 1.5" Internal lowering Blocks, 1" external drop in trees, New Seals, Synthetic Fluid - $250
Progressive 430 Shocks 11.5" Long (1.5" shorter then stock) - $550
Swingarm Notched, Braced, and Coated. Bearings/Seals replaced at that time - $430
Solid Motor Mounts - $100
Lowered Kickstand - $50
Powdercoated Footpeg Mounts, Pedals, Levers, Risers, Clamp, Top Triple, Misc - $150
Red Anodized Pegs (including cruise pegs) - $80
Engine Guards - Modified for cruise pegs - Coated Black - $300
Mini Signals - $40
Custom Taillight and Tag Assy's - $80
---------------------
$2030

Brakes:
Galfer Lines Front, Back, Clutch - Red with Black Fittings (Superlight) - $250
Front Single FJR 320mm Rotor with custom adapter (needs coated still) and 6 piston Hayabusa caliper (less over all weight for reduced reciprocating mass = better handling) - $300
Rear Cross Drilled Rotor - $150
---------------------
$700

Wheels/Tires:
Newer Shinko Tires - Larger Rear - $200
85 Front Wheel (lighter then original front - better handling and faster) - New Bearings/Seals - $150
Stock Rear - New Bearings/Seals - $80
---------------------
$430

Exhaust/Intake:
Dale Walker - Holeshot 4-2 - $1100
Morleys Muscle Jet Kit - $300
Braided Throttle/Speedo Cables - $140
---------------------
$1540

Comfort:
OEM Backrest - Coated Black - $400
Morleys Muscle Seat (Reshaped Front and Rear for better handling and more comfort) - $430
Morleys Muscle Superbike Bar - $30
Driven Racing D3 Gel Grips/Bar Ends - $75
OEM FlyScreen - Coated Black - $150
Custom Mirrors - $30
--------------------
$1115

Cosmetic:
Modified Clutch Cover with Engraved Insert - $150
Custom Red Carbon Dip on various covers and painted wheels - $750
MegaScoops - Aluminum versions (imported from Europe) - $300
Swingarm Pivot Covers - $20
85 Stamped Logo side covers (the only year they were stamped) - $200
Filled/Smoothed Rad Covers (cost included in carbon dip noted above)
Custom Painted Body Set (and rear diff). Black with Red Metal Flake (Sparkles in Sunlight) - $500
--------------------
$1920

Engine:
Morleys Muscle Fully undercut transmission with optional overdrive. This allows for much lower cruise RPM compared to stock in 5th gear but stock acceleration in 1-4. New shift forks, drum, and misc installed at that time. Valves adjusted as well. $2000
Otherwise internally stock. Jet kit was dyno tuned and makes 125rwhp (compared to stock at 110) yet still gets 45+ mpg (many stock ones don't get that good)
--------------------
$2000

Total all above (not including the bike initial purchase)
$9735

Welcome and congratulations! I think you got a good deal.I've had my 05 for a little over a year now and love it! Also you know the 05 is the fastest of the Gen I years right?:punk:
Mike

Welcome and congratulations! I think you got a good deal.I've had my 05 for a little over a year now and love it! Also you know the 05 is the fastest of the Gen I years right?:punk:
Mike

Just curious, Mike...Where did your info come from?

1st time I've heard that one.

Latest posts

Back