2006 forks question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hey folks:

I just received what Pinwall Cycles said was forks and triple trees from a "well-running 2006 VMax," but it still has the cross-inner fork tubes air inflation system that my 1989 forks have, and my triple trees from my 1989 Max fit perfectly (nice and snug, as they should.)

I swear that these are NOT from a 2006 but from and earlier, pre-wide work Max.

Do any of you know when Yamaha stopped making the cross-inflation system and went to the individual inflation scheme?

Also, I paid with Paypal...so, if Pinwall mis-represented the heritage of the forks, what do you recommend I do now?

Thanks.

Elimax

I HAVE AN "06" MAX , NO CROSS OVER TUBE ! MAY I SUGGEST HIRING A HIT MAN !:th_biggun:

obviously you got screwed. The right forks (93 and up) will not even come close enough to tightening up on your older forks (you need the newer forks to make it work as well as newer fork brace - newer brakes).

Sean

Since you paid with PayPal, you should have some protection. Check out your transaction at PayPal.com.

But first, call your seller, explain they sent the wrong item, and see what they say. You should be able to return it and get the correct forks sent out at their cost. If they fail to do that, then go to PayPal and start a dispute, you should then be able to get your money back.

Thanks folks! I call 'em, and if they are "resistant", I will dispute with Paypal.

Thanks again.

Elimax

Hopefully Pinwall will take care of the mistake, they sell a lot of stuff on ebay. I hope this works out for you. Keep us updated!

Richard

I wonder if they grabbed the wrong set...

The '06 will have rough black colored lowers.

could have been a simple mix up. call asap.

Hi folks:

To anyone who was following this issue, I sent the forks back to Pinwall and they DID refund the $...so all is good. Thanks to them.

Elimax

Sweet! Good to here they treated you the way they should have. At least some know what customer service is.

Chris

Latest posts

Back