2011 Topeka Dyno event

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of the Ontario guys interested in going? According to Google maps we can make it in 17.5hrs to Topeka. If we trailer, and leave Friday evening, we can probably be there by noon on Saturday or thereabouts. The trip home would probably require a day off on Monday as I don't see anyone taking off after the event and going straight through. Thinking that we could leave Sunday night and drive part way back. Hotels would be on me, I have a few free nights at Holiday Inn's that we can use. Just be gas, food, and trailer to cover.

For sure, you and Janette have been absent for too long!

No No No.....Janette won't be going! Sitting there all day watching us work on bikes just ain't no fun. I'll still try to talk her into it though!

Any of you guys headed back north on Sunday eve are welcome to crash (Sleep, I should say) at my house that night if you don't mind riding a couple miles on gravel.

Sure wish i could go... I'll be home and on block leave in KS around the December time frame? Anything going on then?

Jamie, I would but we have four in our room already. Give Howard a call or maybe even the Dinkelman's.

Man i really wish i could be there!!! Lol just sitting here in this dumb of a COP in afghanistan fantasizing about it!!! Can't wait to get home to my max... and wife ;). But i gotta find a dang motor for the thing first, or get the current one fixed.

We are bring one in on a trailer, bringing more people in truck, from K.C. area does anyone want to come with us? give us a call 816-322-0152 ;)

sounds like a blast! hopefully we will see everyone there!

what big car show is in Wichita that weekend?

Here's what I found about the car/bike show.* Aug. 26-29 ? 2010 Black Top Nationals is expected to draw more than 6,500 cars, trucks and motorcycles to downtown Wichita. The events include a car and bike show, cruise nights, autocross competition, children's activities, women's fair and a collector car and motorcycle auction. Proceeds benefit the Kansas Aviation Museum, McPherson College Restoration Program and the Wichita Children's Home. Contact Jesse Powell, by e-mail at info@ blacktopnationals.com or at 316-204-1204.Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/06/28/1380591/3-big-car-shows-rolling-into-town.html#ixzz1VOgv2ZZy

So for those of us that are local, what time and where will everyone meet on Saturday for the ride through the flint hills to the car/bike show? Also what time will everyone be getting to the Harley Davidson shop on Sunday?

Not sure on when we'll leave for Wichita on Saturday but guess it'll be 10ish. We start around 8-8:30 am on Sunday at Topeka HD.

Mark, are you planning on going to Wichita for the show? I dont think that I or the Dinks are going. We were going to find a ride through the Flint Hills.

Last edited:
I've been going back and forth but we'll see. I'd like to see Wichita and Morley's shop. I have never been to either.

I've been going back and forth but we'll see. I'd like to see Wichita and Morley's shop. I have never been to either.

not much in Wichita to "see" but there are some cool bikes at Morleys Muscle lol. The car show is supposed to be pretty big, let us know if you guys make it down or I'll try & get ahold of Sean and meet up with y'all.

Looking forward to this shindig

Back