Attempt to show up the Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Check out this ebay find....somebody spotted it on the Magna forum...

Only claims a 12.2 1/4 mile....not very impressive given the work/expense of this "conversion".

That engine is just too weird for me, but I agree....seems a slow time for all that hp, thrust, boost...whatever.

Thing prolly doesn't come alive untill 150 mph or so!!

Yeah. I am gonna say that it's NOT street legal. I may be wrong, but I'm not buying it - no pun intended.

12.2 is only a few tenths quicker than a stock V45, and slower than a stock V65. So what's the point? Granted, it has to be faster than either on top end, but where can you use it, except maybe Bonneville?

I'll stick with my stock VF750C Magna - AND my '85 Max.

who cares, its a Honda Boeing... gives a new meaning to wings on a honda

I don't care what anybody says, I like it!

That is just fucking crazy looking - just imaging being at your local bike gathering place and the attention that thing would get - conversation would go something like,

So how much horsepower does it have :ummm: Oh about 330hp and 400 pounds of thrust! :punk:

I know I would love to hear/see it fire up and take off :rocket bike:

Who cares if it's not faster, hell you can burn the other bike to a crisp!

Mike

Wow. Just an hour away from me. I'm almost tempted to drive out to see the damned thing. If only it wasn't the ugliest F*ing bike I've ever seen it would be quite the little conversation starter.

I don't care what you say, that 'thing' is FUGLY! Bet you can toast up a yummy corn dog from the exhaust though. One reason to take it to bike night I guess.... Another Darwin Award waiting to happen if you ask me.

With the stock size gas tank, it might make it around the block twice....Those turbine engines absolutely chug gas....bet 3 gallons wouldn't even last 10 minutes. And you thought the Vmax had lousy range?

Definitely scores on the cool factor, but for practicality and performance....fail.

I'm sure it's not DMV approved, but I'm sure as far as they know it's a stock Magna.

Wait...just noticed that the downtubes were removed to fit that motor....that can't be even close to structurally sound any more. First pothole and that headtube is done.

Question is does it use the thrust of the jet or is it tied into the wheel?

Bidding for the item has closed...

Chris

Question is does it use the thrust of the jet or is it tied into the wheel?

Bidding for the item has closed...

Chris

By definition, it must be the thrust of the jet. Torque is rotational force (i.e. at the wheel) whereas thrust is strictly a "pushing" type of force.

Although, it is possible he used the wrong term, but from the pictures, it appears that it is indeed driven by thrust, so there should be no shaft or chain to the rear wheel. It should be loose like the front wheel.

Should help it jump quite a bit further than a stocker particularly if you could adapt a STOVL directional thrust system to it............

It probably does the first half of the 1/4th in 10 seconds...and the second half in 2.2.

The faster they go, the faster they get. Probably makes 30hp off the line..and 300 at 100mph.

Back