Attempted murder?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My advice is to take down the thread & "do not look for revenge."

I don't know about removing the thread but I agree about not looking for revenge. You may have his address from the accident report but then he would have yours too. What goes around, comes around and he'll get what's coming to him! Sorry you had to go through this and got your bike smashed but glad your ok.

Like Redbone said, let us know what you need for the bike and maybe we can help you get the Vmax back on the road a little quicker.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........what would happen if you went to the cops to file a complaint against him, and there was no cop by that name???? Hmmm. Just a thought... impersonating a po charge perhaps? OR, he is a cop, and has a history...AND the cop who charged you is no better????

Motorcyclists always seem to get biased against in cases of road rage. Earlier this year during a cruise with a sport bike group I ride with, we encountered some guy who rammed and brake checked a few of us riding. Even with the witness accounts and video, the guy was only charged with possession of a controlled substance, nothing on attempting to 'kill' some of us. Here's a GoPro Youtube video of the incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXPb3nnqdDo

I saw the 2:02 bumping of the biker, reckless driving, at the least, if not something worse. You should go to the State Attorney's office and ask for a review. It looks like the State Attorney would probably want to have a talk w/the supervisor of that PD shift (probably a lieut.) and his supervisor (probably a captain or major) , over a failure to file additional charges, if you had shown that to the PD and they ignored the motor vehicle operator's actions. Do you have any shots of the driver's face, to put him behind the wheel?

Then take it to a TV station and ask the local beat reporter to watch it and give you his opinion on whether or not they would want to do a story on it. Has your group done any organized charitable rides, donations to hospitals, food banks, or anything 'wholesome,' besides being bike riders? The TV station would probably edit it down to a 20 second clip, but it looks newsworthy to me.

To remove this thread is a further win for the rogue cop.

I say leave this thread up as the talk of "revenge" is just harmless bluster, unlike the cop who MAY be guilty of Felonious Assault.

O

One of the first things a savvy defense lawyer is going to do is to request your internet information in a deposition request, such as anything being posted on here, or anywhere, about the incident, and then any talk of 'revenge' is going to work against you, whether or not you are the one who posted it.

Failure to comply w/a deposition is a crime in itself. That's why the thread should be taken-down. The sooner that you remove anything online about this the better your chances of being able to see something through in an attempt to go to Internal Affairs, or your state police officer accreditation body. As I mentioned previously, you are not the first person this bad seed has attempted to discourage.

At the very least, it's another weight in his file, and eventually, he will do something really bad, and these types of allegations go a long way towards establishing an ongoing pattern of inappropriate behavior, or worse.

Motorcyclists always seem to get biased against in cases of road rage. Earlier this year during a cruise with a sport bike group I ride with, we encountered some guy who rammed and brake checked a few of us riding. Even with the witness accounts and video, the guy was only charged with possession of a controlled substance, nothing on attempting to 'kill' some of us. Here's a GoPro Youtube video of the incident.

The guy driving the car is insane! I'd be furious if I saw him doing that, but why keep messing with the guy in the car? He's obviously a maniac, but the bikers kept egging him on and making him more furious. Why not just zip on by and forget about him? I even saw one of the bikes trying to swerve at him? What did you think was going to happen?? I'm glad none of the bikers got killed. If I saw someone driving like that, I'd stay as far away from him as possible, not try to see if I can get him to kill me... :confused2: The bikers were equally guilty for their response to the douchebag in the car. The video proves that the guy in the car was trying to run them off the road, but it also proves that the bikers were driving just as recklessly and taunting him.......dont think it would hold anything in court unfortunately. Should have just left the crazy guy alone after his first swerve and it would have never escalated to that point. It's a shame to see this happening.

With that said, I can understand the pack mentality all hopped up on adrenaline after seeing someone endanger another pack member and the urge to get even with the guy, but it's not worth dying over.... There's not much you can do on a bike against a maniac in an old beater car... If I had my pistol with me, I might shoot out his tires!! : ) But that wouldnt be a good idea either.....

The guy driving the car is insane! I'd be furious if I saw him doing that, but why keep messing with the guy in the car? He's obviously a maniac, but the bikers kept egging him on and making him more furious. Why not just zip on by and forget about him? I even saw one of the bikes trying to swerve at him? What did you think was going to happen?? I'm glad none of the bikers got killed. If I saw someone driving like that, I'd stay as far away from him as possible, not try to see if I can get him to kill me... :confused2: The bikers were equally guilty for their response to the douchebag in the car. The video proves that the guy in the car was trying to run them off the road, but it also proves that the bikers were driving just as recklessly and taunting him.......dont think it would hold anything in court unfortunately. Should have just left the crazy guy alone after his first swerve and it would have never escalated to that point. It's a shame to see this happening.

With that said, I can understand the pack mentality all hopped up on adrenaline after seeing someone endanger another pack member and the urge to get even with the guy, but it's not worth dying over.... There's not much you can do on a bike against a maniac in an old beater car... If I had my pistol with me, I might shoot out his tires!! : ) But that wouldnt be a good idea either.....

+1

The cars behaviour was inexcusable.

But it could easily have been avoided if those bikers weren't riding like a holes all over the freeway making multiple lane changes etc.

If I'm not mistaken in the opening seconds the bike with the camera is aggressively zig zagging in his lane towards the car.

Just like ass holes who "pack stunt"
on the freeway this kind of stuff aggravates motorists severely. Even the rational drivers hate it but do nothing about it. Piss off an irrational one and this is what you get. Blowing past someone's drivers side door less than a foot away at double the speed limit just seeing how close you can get and how bad you can surprise someone is an act of aggression in itself. What's your reaction if some stranger jumps from around a corner an yells boo! ?

I'm not saying all those things happened here but I saw enough in the video to bet a paycheck that they did.

Showing that video to the law would accomplish nothing.

I don't see it any different than when a pack of teen thugs runs wild in an amusement park acting like dicks, bumping in to people, cussing in front of families and cutting in line, sooner or later some asshole with a hair trigger and even less to lose than they will take offense, call them out on it and away we go with the escalation.

When I see these folks blocking 3-4 lanes of traffic while they put on a stunt show I pray to the god of karma one of them will wreck and get run over. It's just human nature.

One of the first things a savvy defense lawyer is going to do is to request your internet information in a deposition request, such as anything being posted on here, or anywhere, about the incident, and then any talk of 'revenge' is going to work against you, whether or not you are the one who posted it.

Failure to comply w/a deposition is a crime in itself. That's why the thread should be taken-down. The sooner that you remove anything online about this the better your chances of being able to see something through in an attempt to go to Internal Affairs, or your state police officer accreditation body. As I mentioned previously, you are not the first person this bad seed has attempted to discourage.

At the very least, it's another weight in his file, and eventually, he will do something really bad, and these types of allegations go a long way towards establishing an ongoing pattern of inappropriate behavior, or worse.

Internet bluster is just that, harmless, Felonious Assault is the real deal.

Your argument reminds me of the cops that try to BS people into stop filming theire criminal activity,,like, as if, the filming is the real crime.:rofl_200:

The Police State is here, some are not willing to accept it, some are.

O

Well Fire-medic is just offering prudent advice. As someone that has had to give a couple of depositions....its not fun.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-online-dont-want-government-spying-you.html

Here is a list of words that tends to peak interest.

I would say register a complaint against the officer, it might help, and will probably make you feel better, BUT...if this officer is in the same area as somewhere you ride thru a lot, or where you home is located...you might be watched or followed a bit more.

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely ~John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXPb3nnqdDo

OK, I get the cager obviously had major road rage as evidenced by his initial beeping and speeding up. Whether you did anything to deserve it is largely irrelevant.

Why on earth would you stick around to toy with him? The whole scenario is akin to poking a pissed off tiger with a stick repeatedly and then being shocked when it takes a swipe at you.

Honestly in a case like that I find it's just as much your fault for provoking/sticking around as it is his for lashing out. I've probably pissed off my share of drivers, and run into just as many that apparently just don't like me. The first sign of any aggression I just get away from them. Gambling with your life just to piss the guy off is seriously not worth it.

The financing company said Progressive will more than likely deem it a total loss. They will issue my finance company a check for the remaining balance due. If I tell Progressive I wish to keep the bike, they will issue a smaller amount than is due and I will be obligated to pay the remaining balance in full since the finance company does not finance salvaged titled vehicles. After my deductible of $750, I won't be able to afford to pay any remaining balance, have 6 kids to buy Xmas gifts for... Sad sad sad

The financing company said Progressive will more than likely deem it a total loss. They will issue my finance company a check for the remaining balance due. If I tell Progressive I wish to keep the bike, they will issue a smaller amount than is due and I will be obligated to pay the remaining balance in full since the finance company does not finance salvaged titled vehicles. After my deductible of $750, I won't be able to afford to pay any remaining balance, have 6 kids to buy Xmas gifts for... Sad sad sad

If I understand your first post correctly, you need a radiator, a scoop, an engine guard, and a bolt hole in the frame fixed? If you scour around for used parts you should be able to fix the bike for less than your deductible.

Sure would be nice if the asshole that caused this was paying........

Well people like that always seem to get whats coming to them....
+1 to that. He will get his. The prolem with a hatefull person like that? He also is a cop, and, they can make YOUR life miserable. Good chance you'll be seeing him again, since he lives so close. I'd want him to forget me. People like him get what they deserve sooner or later.
Also remember, your dealing with the biggest brotherhood around. I'm glad he didn't hurt you worse, or total your bike. His day has a number on it, till he runs into someome crazier than he is and will put him out of his misery. I'm glad your going to let it go.
Steve-o

I wouldn't be so sure. When I laid down my '97, I figured Progressive would "total loss" it jut due to the age and mileage on it, but they didn't. It was a really no-hassle ordeal....sat down with the adjuster, and just started rattling off part #'s needed. For non-OEM, he hands you a Tucker Rocky catalog and just said to pick out new blinkers, mirrors, exhaust. All those prices went into a list, few days later a check came in the mail. My rates did not go up afterward either, since in this case it was deemed to be 100% fault to the guy in the car.

My bike was better than ever after the accident.

I'd be surprised if they total it, but if they do, it's kind of a tough call on financed machines. Weigh the options and your financial resources. Sad to see a bike go but sometimes it is the smart option.

Progressive was great on my wreck. Did the same thing. Adjuster came in with a laptop and printed off a list and wrote a check on the spot. Told me if I found anything else, just call and he would be back out. Did find other problems and they handled with no hesitation. Mine wasn't financed but he didn't even seem interested in that. I did have added accessory ins for a small cost. He had a discounted site for the OEM parts but I was able to easily beat his prices with K&N in Tulsa with the forum discount. He also allowed for all the chrome work that was damaged.

I did have to pay the deductible which was refunded when they received compensation from the other drivers ins (who was at fault and received two tickets from the police).

Best insurance situation I have ever encountered! :clapping:

i JUST ANOTHER SCUMBAG COP , BIG FUCKING SURPRISE ! :jerk it: SINCE YOU HAVE HIS ADDRESS YOU SHOULD TRY FUCKING HIS WIFE ! ... IF SHE'S OLD THEN TRY FUCKING HIS DAUGHTER ! ... IF HE HAS A SON , GET HIM DRUNK AND TAKE A PICTURE OF SOME BIG GAY GUY FUCKING HIM IN HIS FUCKING ASS ! ... MAN I'M SO FUCKING PISSED-OFF RIGHT NOW I CAN'T EVEN FUCKING BREATH ! .. :th_biggun:

I like cop runners ideas. Most legal, down to earth, and emotionally damaging to the jackass that tried to wipe you out.
Also most likely to get you killed by said jackass, but I like it.

you have his name.................get his # and have someone with a sexy voice to call and ask for him............early morn or late at night.......................his wifey should love that!

Coprunner is on the money there. Twistedmax too.
If you can't fuck him up, fuck his missus. And take pics. :rofl_200:

Like the way you think Coprunner.

Back