Bang for my buck jetting...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Ok the long story short is when I got my bike I had the carbs cleaned in a "back yard" shop and the dude "ran a tiny drill bit" through my jets to make up for the low quality of gas since 85 he said... It has run super rich since then and now that the whole motor is torn down I think it's time to fix the issue.

I have an old Hindle 4:1 full system with a high flow muffler and Vboost is permenantly removed but bridged to run like it's always open

What are my options? Is anyone running a similar set up and if so what jetting are you running?
Optimal set up I THINK would be to go stage 7 right? If so is that a "get it from Sean" sorta thing or Dynojet?What's entaled with installing it like swapping to pod filters/breathers and such...

I just wanna make as much power as I can while gettin a good clean burn and thus far I'm not too familiar with playin the jetting game, any help will be appriciated.

Thanks guys!

By the way, we sell Dynojet kits too but since our kit works better overall we sell far more of them.

Sean

Hey GREEN light BLITZ,
just got back from Thunder in the Valley 2011 VMOA event where I was fortunate to win a certificate for $50 off a Morley Jet Kit in a drawing during the awards banquet :eusa_dance: Was seriously thinking of ordering one before Thunder. Winning this discount sealed my decision. And with Sean there to discuss, we finalized everything that evening.... now I've got one coming my way. Everyone I talked to at Thunder that had a Morley Jet kit installed spoke very highly of the performance gains seen with it. Can't wait to install !!

The deal is sealed! *puts one more thing on the list of things he needs from Sean*

Man, I love when decisions are made easy by fact, and the fact is SEANS THE MAN!

KosRider & GREEN light BLITZ,

I just recently purchased a kit from Sean too. I got it all installed and with Sean's help have it running pretty well. I plan to set up a Dyno session to really dial in the tuning for the full potential of the kit, but dealing with Sean is a great experience and he'll help anyway he can.

Plus I love the new sound from the modified air box now that it has the K&N filter grafted into the box lid. Sounds really nasty when you crack the throttle wide open. You will not be disappointed, that's for sure!

*WARNING*

Your milage will go down.

Until you get used to that killer inhaling sound your bike will now make. You'll fall in love with the sound and new performance, you'll be cracking the throttle more often, causing a slight reduction in milage. Afterwards, 40mpg will again be within your reach. :biglaugh:

morleykit.jpg

It's ok...it's a Vmax, if I was tryin for gas mileage I think I'm on the wrong bike!

With how rich and out of tune my bike was previously I think it will change very little or even go up...I was usually hittin reserve between 60-70 miles during regular riding and about 80-90 freeway.

I think I should start saying REALLY rich.

I have Sean's kit too, stage 7 needles second clip from blunt end with a shim, drilled slides and the stage 7 springs, I started too fat but I'm gettin it dialed in now. Currently running the 155 jet but still just a tad rich, might try the stock jets at the track and see what it does. If your vboost is open all the time don't forget to change your PAJ jet to the one in the kit (177.5's I think) or you'll be REALLY fat at cruising speeds. I put a dynatech wide band O2 sensor in to come up with this combo and its real close to where it needs to be, can't live by the O2 readings though cause you just have to race it to see the bigger picture but the O2 sensor has been a very handy tuning tool for me. Forgot to mention I have a Kerker with a comp baffle, dyna ignition set on curve 4 and shifting at 9000rpm, I'm about 800' above sea level here. Figured I'd give ya my settings so you'd have a good place to start, have fun with it cause I sure am!

i run seans kit with boost always on with great results.

It's ok...it's a Vmax, if I was tryin for gas mileage I think I'm on the wrong bike!

With how rich and out of tune my bike was previously I think it will change very little or even go up...I was usually hittin reserve between 60-70 miles during regular riding and about 80-90 freeway.

I think I should start saying REALLY rich.

What do you know. We have the same problem. I am waiting on a set of Mark's Pipes and then I am going to retune my bike also. 40mpg is a dream.

At first I was excited thinkin the guy was doin me a favor by drillin em a little...then my buddies started complaining about the smell of raw gas when we would stop at lights and my plugs were gettin sooty.

Then I had it Dyno'd at my bike night and my air/fuel was off the charts rich=horsepower was low.

+1000 On Sean's kit!! Best jet kit ever for the Vmax and is much more cost effective too! Toxic ran extremely well with it and some days (most) I wish I had kept it instead of going to EFI. Besides when you deal with Sean you know you are getting not only a great product, but you are getting the absolute best in customer service!!!!

With Seans kit I don't switch to reserve until about 90-100 miles and thats with getting into the Vboost every chance I can!!

Back