Brake upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya i'm not sure about the year of my busa calipers. i was told they could be 08 or 09's.
they are 6 pot calipers.
so I definetly need bigger rotors, thats cool i have my eye on a set from a 93 vmax.

are my stock front lines long enough?
braided lines are on my wish list for now

Your stock brake lines will be long enough, as you noted SS lines will help when you can get them.
I did a little research on Ebay and now I remember that what I searched for were the years 1999 to 2007 Hayabusa calipers. There are a few sets on there and this set looks exactly like the ones I have on now: 1999 to 2007 Hayabusa calipers
Here is the entire search so you can see the differences in the 99 - 07 calipers and the 08 - 09 Calipers (radial). The 08 - 09 calipers will not work with our setup.
A lot of the newest rotors are 330mm but we definately use the 298mm rotors, I have the wavy rotors (2 frt & 1 R) from Hong Kong and haven't had any issues at all with them.
I am also running EBC HH brake pads.

You need the gen 1 (07 and older) busa calipers (not sure if the gen 2's will work). 93-07 Vmax rotors, or R1/R6 rotors. Stock lines will work just fine and is the length you'd get if you ordered stainless lines from me anyway.

Sean

If there wasn't enough power already I'd think about the 330mm rotors and figure a conversion BUT, the conversion is already what I would consider perfect.

Sean

Back