Brazilian Metzeler tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max_caper

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed but is it possible to purchase stock-size 'Made in Germany' Metzeler tires front and rear for the Max? I've heard a couple of riders complain about defective Brazilain Metzelers.

Blaine Williams
Ontario, Canada

Not sure but I also discovered some unnerving info about Metzelers made in Brazil.

Attachments

• mtz1.jpg
    mtz1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 46
  • mtz2.jpg
    mtz2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 38
  • mtz3.jpg
    mtz3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 43
  • country-brazil-03.jpg
    country-brazil-03.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
That's just my kind of football team lol...

Talking about these tire defects, I'm seeing similar rubber cracks in the center groove of my rear Shinko. Should I be worried?

Sorry no pics I'm going to be away from the bike for a month now :-(

Sorry no pics I'm going to be away from the bike for a month now :-(
That's a bummer man! But I can hardly feel too sorry for ya, it's been since the end of October since I was able to ride Redbone. :tantrum: It seems like it's been :snow::snow::snow: ever since too!:damn angry:
Good luck on your overseas trip! :thumbs up:

Im almost positive Ive seen a Metz, not sure which model, labled made in Germany.

When I got my 880's, I was wondering why it said made in Brazil. Because I thought they were made in Germany.

So one day I made a point to look at a Metz tire at the shop and it said Made In germany.

Contact Metzeler and ask them if they make the 880's in Germany.

That is some wild stuff. From what I get from the article ALL Metz 880's are made in Brazil.

http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/forum/volusia-c50-getaway/33430-metzeler-880s-concern.html

Here are some pictures of the sidewall defect (baby powder used to show up better) the last picture is just to show that not everything made in Brazil is bad :biglaugh:

Im almost positive Ive seen a Metz, not sure which model, labled made in Germany.

When I got my 880's, I was wondering why it said made in Brazil. Because I thought they were made in Germany.

So one day I made a point to look at a Metz tire at the shop and it said Made In germany.

Contact Metzeler and ask them if they make the 880's in Germany.

They are made in both Brazil and Germany, it will say on the tire.

If I remember right - bias tires are now made in Brazil and radials are made in Germany - they did and may still be having issues in Brazil with the rubber compound being too soft and also breaking down do to heat when in use.

Mike

I just checked my metz says made in Germany. Also after having it on a few months and 1500 miles or so, no cracks.

I just checked the on eno bought before Christmas, made in brazil.

Latest posts

Back