Brownie Run '11

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is another route i took back home last fall, its a little further east from yoru path. it runs right into sarniac lake and lake placid. super nice route and for sure it was chilli. think i t was mid oct. snow on the hills and about half a degree above freezing hahaha only lasted about 1.5 hours atleast it was sunny and clearish. so ya might not be the greatest wxx then we will have to see. so i'll meet up somewhere with you guys on the way south to BRC. might head a little west to the ogdensburg crossing to meet up with ya'll. me too will have to book a room here soon. what was the name of that place we stayed last time, red coach inn or something. im sure im mixing it up with something else.

Mike and I will be making our way down Hwy 17 from Sudbury, ON. past Ottowa then into Prescott, ON where were planning on meeting Jim and possibly Trevor. We'll probably find a hotel in Prescott or Ogdensburg, NY. for Thursday night, then ride the rest of the way on Friday so we can enjoy the Friday afternoon/ evening @ Brownie Run Central. That reminds me I need to make the reservations at the hotel soon.
I was thinking to cross at Prescott, ON/ Ogdensburg, NY location then follow this route to Chatham, but I have never been on these roads so if you, Jim, or Mike has any input let me know.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....190186&sspn=3.000759,7.13562&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=7

This route has more superslab but may be faster:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...94379,-75.580444&spn=1.494251,3.56781&t=h&z=9

Which ever you take is ok with me Brian, I will just to try to keep up to Redbone.

Mike

Cool! Brownie Run '10 was my first and have been looking forward to '11 And to anyone who was within ear shot of my bike (About two miles) I've installed an over drive 5th that makes it a little more tolerable to be around. :biglaugh: Can't wait to see what everyones done to there rides, allthough i've spotted these two Brownie Run familiars at my local hot rod shop. Wonder what there up to:punk: Later! Zak

Attachments

• 100_1789.jpg
    100_1789.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_1790.jpg
    100_1790.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 27
hey zak, hows your bike running. think im just getting my hearing back after that side by side kerker run we did hahahha.

who's is the blue bike in the pics? is that ricks?

Last edited:
Cool! Brownie Run '10 was my first and have been looking forward to '11 And to anyone who was within ear shot of my bike (About two miles) I've installed an over drive 5th that makes it a little more tolerable to be around. :biglaugh: Can't wait to see what everyones done to there rides, allthough i've spotted these two Brownie Run familiars at my local hot rod shop. Wonder what there up to:punk: Later! Zak

Hmmmm, so some of the boys are cooking up a little surprise....ey? :confused2:

I'm in, no work to mess up a good time this year. Looking fwd to it.
Steve-o

Cool deal Steve-o glad to have you along!! Join the Brownie Run '11 social group, most of the particulars like lodging, ride plans, food, etc. are covered there.

Hmmmm, so some of the boys are cooking up a little surprise....ey? :confused2:

Cool deal Steve-o glad to have you along!! Join the Brownie Run '11 social group, most of the particulars like lodging, ride plans, food, etc. are covered there.

I'll bring the good camera for this one. Got a good feeling about this one Dan-o.Can't wait

It's looking like the Brownie Run is growing this year Danny!:punk: Everybody needs to get their reservations in at the hotel ASAP because they only have 103(?) rooms.
Room at Chatham Travel Lodge is $75 for 2 queen beds on the ground floor.

It's looking like the Brownie Run is growing this year Danny!:punk: Everybody needs to get their reservations in at the hotel ASAP because they only have 103(?) rooms.
Room at Chatham Travel Lodge is $75 for 2 queen beds on the ground floor.

Yes it is growing Brian...that's exciting! :clapping:

Not too sure about the 103 rooms tho, isn't it more like 10 or 12? :ummm:
Maybe this year we'll need to have some guys go to the other one in Hillsdale too....The Sylvanis Lodge, I think it is. It's listed in the BR'11 social group.

I finally found a more realistic website that set the # of rooms at 12 for the Chatham Travel Lodge. Mike and I have 2 of those 12, so if y'all want to stay with the two coolest red Vmax's ever better hurry up and call (518-392-4066) to get your room! :biglaugh:
Yes, the other location is the Silvanis Lodge.

Can I ask where this social group is located ? :ummm:
i LOOK AT THE TOP CENTER ON THE PAGE ON YOUR SCREEN WRIGHT NOW & CLICK ONTO MENU , THEN WHEN THE LIST DROPS DOWN , CLICK ONTO THE 7TH LINE DOWN " SOCIAL GROUPS " , THEN WHEN THAT COMES UP , SCROLL SLOW AND LOOK NEAR THE CENTER OF YOUR SCREEN AND CLICK ONTO ALL SOCIAL GROUPS AND THEY WILL ALL APPEAR AND BE LISTED ! :punk:

I'll have a present for everyone this year...when I bought my Max, the previous owner was a bike collector/restorer and had literally filing cabinets full of "stuff" relating to the bikes he owned. His Vmax was no exception, and he gave me a couple fat folders with it, as well as the Yamaha and Clymer manuals for it. I had largely forgotten about this file and squirreled it away without more than a quick flip through.

In addition to receipts and instructions for most of the aftermarket bits, it also has five magazines that featured the Vmax, including the '87 issue of Cycle World "taking it to the nines" that I'd heard mentioned here a few times. There's a 2007 Motorcycle Classics that features the Max(and lists VMF as a "notable resource" for info), and a couple others that had the vmax in some sort of shootout.

I'll bring the file to BR11 with me...there's some pretty interesting stuff in the old rags.

I'll have a present for everyone this year...when I bought my Max, the previous owner was a bike collector/restorer and had literally filing cabinets full of "stuff" relating to the bikes he owned. His Vmax was no exception, and he gave me a couple fat folders with it, as well as the Yamaha and Clymer manuals for it. I had largely forgotten about this file and squirreled it away without more than a quick flip through.

In addition to receipts and instructions for most of the aftermarket bits, it also has five magazines that featured the Vmax, including the '87 issue of Cycle World "taking it to the nines" that I'd heard mentioned here a few times. There's a 2007 Motorcycle Classics that features the Max(and lists VMF as a "notable resource" for info), and a couple others that had the vmax in some sort of shootout.

I'll bring the file to BR11 with me...there's some pretty interesting stuff in the old rags.

:punk:

Hate to say I remember that 87 article...it's the reason I bought my first V Max in 88...ahhhh those were the good ol days...:biglaugh:

Sorry for the hijack...

Latest posts

Back