Buying Marks performance exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeanMax

Reaction score
After searching for an exhaust system with a deep rumble and the ability to retain the center stand, I decided on a Marks performance exhaust. I e-mailed mark with some questions on what setup would work with my bike, then I waited. Two weeks latter he got back to me. He said his computer was down and He thoroughly answered all of my questions. I e-mailed him a few more times and each time he got back to me the same day. I called him today and he was very nice and helpful on the phone. The only thing I found odd, for him anyway, is the way he takes payment. He builds and ships you the system, then after you receive it you send him a check. I ordered the mild steel system in all black with 14 inch cans. Mark said it would be a few weeks because he has a few custom jobs ahead of me so I will keep you posted on my buying experience.:thumbs up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mean Max ~

Please keep us (me) posted. I am pretty sure I'll be getting pipes from Mark as well and I'll be ordering in the next couple of weeks. (I'm also wanting the center stand intact). Plus, I think the black ceramic will tone down some of that cheeriness of the '05 paint scheme.

Question: did you buy cans and send them to Mark?

Mean Max ~

Please keep us (me) posted. I am pretty sure I'll be getting pipes from Mark as well and I'll be ordering in the next couple of weeks. (I'm also wanting the center stand intact). Plus, I think the black ceramic will tone down some of that cheeriness of the '05 paint scheme.

Question: did you buy cans and send them to Mark?
Ill be sure to keep you posted. Im having Mark make me the cans. aside from keeping the center stand the sound of the system is what ultimatly made me choose Marks over the others. I really love that sound.:drool:

I think Uncle Sam will be buying me a Mark's exhaust later this spring/ early summer. I'd be interested in seeing AND hearing what ya'll have done. :thumbs up:
I just ordered progresive frt spings and going to look for some progressive 412's for the rear to sort out the handling first. I also joined the Galfer buyer group to shore up some ofthe braking weakness that are inherent in my '92's braking system. (hh brake pads and SS brake lines). I was going to paint it but I think I'll wait on that until I can make it go faster, handle and stop better. I want to beat my little brother's FZ1 out of the hole at least. He'll weigh some 50 lbs less than me so it's gonna be a challenge to get him for long, if at all. His bike will be stock for the first part of summer I'm hoping.

He's got sound clips on his site. You can find the link in the VMF links page.:thumbs up:

It's the first version of Furbur's Sportmax. I bought it used for $100 from a dude you parted his Max after a wreck on the drag strip.

Mark

Hi Guys~
It's been a while since I've been around here, but as always, it's nice to see what's going on w/ the Max.

I've been looking around for an exhaust system myself and it seems that everyone is happy w/ Mark's products, so I just sent him an email to inquire. His website is pretty informative also.

I'm curious... What different type of can/muffler configuration options does he offer, as I didn't see any of that on his site?

TIA! :)

Hi Guys~
It's been a while since I've been around here, but as always, it's nice to see what's going on w/ the Max.

I've been looking around for an exhaust system myself and it seems that everyone is happy w/ Mark's products, so I just sent him an email to inquire. His website is pretty informative also.

I'm curious... What different type of can/muffler configuration options does he offer, as I didn't see any of that on his site?

TIA! :)

He offers a bunch... 4-2 and 4-1 plus he will take a can you bought somewhere else and build a system to use it... Pretty cool!

I called him and emailed him 3 times nearly 2 years ago and am still waiting for him to call me back...:confused2: Weird!

I hope he gets back to me before that...geeez!

I'm interested in the stainless steel 4-2 version and I want the pipes and cans polished. I just don't know what can configuration options he offers, as I'd just buy everything from him all at once.

He does all sorts of tips and the cans can be anywhere from 12 to 18 inches in length. They come in brushed aluminum or even multiple colors of carbon fiber.

Like Chris says, he's hard to get a hold of via email although I hear he at least checks it now.

Mark

I think I'd like the polished aluminum cans that exit in the same location as the stockers (by the axle shaft) to keep everything looking in proportion/symmetry. That looks like either a 12" or 14", depending on where the inlet attaches to the lead pipe of his exhaust systems.

Based on the vid you posted maleko89, I think I'd like the 12" polished alumium cans w/ the 2 1/4" turn-down tip, as opposed to the 14" model. Your's does sound cool though!

I hope to hear from Mark soon...

I called him and emailed him 3 times nearly 2 years ago and am still waiting for him to call me back...:confused2: Weird!
you mentioned this in another thred and i feared i would never hear back from him. But after a loooooong wait he finaly got back to me. I had to wait for my tax return anyway so it worked out perfectly. Has anyone seen a Marks system without the turn down tip? He doesnt have any pics without them on his site.

you mentioned this in another thred and i feared i would never hear back from him. But after a loooooong wait he finaly got back to me. I had to wait for my tax return anyway so it worked out perfectly. Has anyone seen a Marks system without the turn down tip? He doesnt have any pics without them on his site.

Yeah and it pisses me off as I really wanted his system!:confused2:

Are you sure you weren't trying to call Cornell? :smileystooges:

Mark

Back