Check your powers of observation

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that was fun.

I have one for you-how many bare fingers would you have left if you counted all the times Elizabeth Taylor was married, and put a ring on a different finger for each marriage? (this might be difficult for the 'young whippersnappers' unless they google her)

http://www.life.com/gallery/52391/image/ugc1143901/elizabeth-taylor-unpublished-pics

Answer: you would have no fingers left, because she married eight times (twice to Richard Burton, whom she also divorced twice), so she had seven different husbands. You have eight fingers and two thumbs. Did I say anything about "putting a ring on a thumb?"

Not a complete idiot....................17 out of 25.................:biglaugh:............Tom.

I nailed 23 but missed the ones that I thought I would know...

17, but can't a fan turn either way? Depends on which angle the blades face? Plus cieling fans turn both ways

17, but can't a fan turn either way? Depends on which angle the blades face? Plus cieling fans turn both ways
+1 I agree, you guys make me feel bad, I only got 13 right:confused2::confused2:Oh, but the wife got 7, she's a blond:rofl_200::rofl_200:

I got 11 and the wife got 18 that = 29 gess we should stick togather. Normal fans rotate one way and reversable fans rotate both ways you got it wrong. normal drills go one way and reversable drills go both ways

20 out of 25.

I think the fan thing is pretty much referring to desktop or floorstander type things. I collect antiques ones and all of them go the same way.

17 but two of the "correct" answeres are wrong, the merry go round and venetian blind

17 but two of the "correct" answeres are wrong, the merry go round and venetian blind

I've never seen a merry go round that didn't turn from left to right, making it counter clock wise if viewed from above, which is the normal "plan" view when designing stuff.

The venetian blind question was a little off in the first place.

By adjusting the opening did they mean angle instead?

If so then all the ones I've ever seen the angle adjustment was on the left.

If they meant by "opening" the space between the blinds then it's the one on the right, although those openings are being closed one at a time as the whole thing is drawn up, closing the gap completely on the bottom one before beginning to close the one above the last one to close:ummm:

The fact that we are analyzing this stuff impresses me with the quality of people on here, or how wierd we all are...take your pick:rofl_200:

neat. i learned something interesting about a member today. something other than bikes and guns. hehehehe.

I went thru an "antiquing" stage at one time. My whole place was like stepping back into the 1930's-40's with an art deco theme, still have most of the furniture, getting married forced me to modernize tho'

I liked going to antique shops so much my wife thought I was gay when she first met me:rofl_200:

Oh,

I'm also calling B.S. on the tub drain spiral direction thing too.

That little wifes' tail has been dis-proven many times over the years, the Corialis effect is simply to slight to have any effect on a body of water the size of a bath tub. It does exist but is too minimal to come into play versus the other influencing factors like per-existing motion of the water and the shape of the drain etc.

Oh,

I'm also calling B.S. on the tub drain spiral direction thing too.

That little wifes' tail has been dis-proven many times over the years, the Corialis effect is simply to slight to have any effect on a body of water the size of a bath tub. It does exist but is too minimal to come into play versus the other influencing factors like per-existing motion of the water and the shape of the drain etc.
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:Ya Know when Bush Jr was in office was in the White House they had to redo the toilets and bath tubs everywhere he went so he wouldnt get confused!!!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back