Concealed Carry Weapons, Firearm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep this thread going, not exactly a cc, but I scored a new, to me, 12 ga shot gun, traded a mig welder for it, only in AMERICA!!! Mossberg 9200 with a 24" rifled deer barrel and a Bushnell 3x9 scope. Need to get a different barrel for it for turkey, but I'm pretty happy.

Keep this thread going, not exactly a cc, but I scored a new, to me, 12 ga shot gun, traded a mig welder for it, only in AMERICA!!! Mossberg 9200 with a 24" rifled deer barrel and a Bushnell 3x9 scope. Need to get a different barrel for it for turkey, but I'm pretty happy.
I have the 9200 also, no rifled barrel just the standard smooth with 3 choke tubes. They no longer make the 9200, the rifled barrel would be a sweet option.

Three quick true stories that happened to my family in the last year and a half.My Uncle owns a paintshop in Capetown,South Africa.In walks two black guys,one with a revolver.The other has a knife and stabbs my uncle at gunpoint 7times.They leave him for dead and takes the cash.He is 69 years old,but stubborn.Gets up,gets in his car and runs one down as theyre strolling away.
My other uncle has 4 adult men and their wives over for a BBQ in Virginia South Africa,theyre not a soft target.4 men, africans, with ak47's walk in,rounds everyone up,drags the 12 yr old daughter from her room.Has everyone lie down and steals all the cash they had plus cellphones..a total value of about 300 rand(40 dollars)They all lived thankfully.....
Last weekend,a guy walks into my brothers house.The kids are at home.The 14yr old boy tells the 7yr old girl the black intruder is his friend and she should go see if the neighbour wants to come play playstation.(neighbour is an adult)He confronts the intruder,they scuffle,breaks the table and a portrait and the intruder runs.....
In South Africa it is almost impossible to obtain a gun permit,this happens everyday.

Here in the US I carry a Sig P229.In my safe I have a loaded 870 express with low recoil 00buck and a Sig 556 with 300 of hornady tap.In my military webbing/rig is another 6 30rnd magazines.

A positive outcome to a skirmish favours the prepared.....

I have the 9200 also, no rifled barrel just the standard smooth with 3 choke tubes. They no longer make the 9200, the rifled barrel would be a sweet option.
I would prefer the bird barrel, If I deer hunt its with a 44 mag, but the replacement barrels are cheap, compared to others. http://www.havlinsales.com/closeout.htm, i might get the 18.5 and the 24"

living in canada the idea of a concealed weapon is not popular in my opinion. a buddy has his restricted licence which allows him to own and transport his 9mm to and from the range, BUT only as the permit allows. he has to take the most direct route to his destination, if caught off that route he could face fines. i dont know the particulars of the laws concerning handguns here as i dont have that licence. but i do know buddy had to go through ALOT OF TROUBLE to get it.

its funny how governed it is here, but after all of the trouble buddy went through, he ordered his gun new from out east, it showed up delevered to his front door in a plain brown box. no signature needed, they left it on his doorstep as he wasnt home. WTF!!! the firing pin or bolt and clip came in another box a few days later. all for around 300 bucks Canadian. his logic is, there is gonna be trouble one day and the ppl that own guns are going to survive. a little extreme but, what if??? make a guy think.

the idea of protection at home is very important. i have an old 12 ga under the bed for that reason. but the only use for it is trap shooting. i have a very old .22 mossberg that is fun for gophers and annoyances... all in all. the city we live in there is never a need for that type of protection on the street. you never hear about it through the news or rumor mill as one would need in a much larger centre. we are only 220,000, and most of the riff raff is cooked out, drugged up trouble that would be a push over anyway.

as far as personal protection goes for me, i can scrap. i know how to handle myself, but yes theres a thought that someone could be carrying, never happened tho. for my wife, she carrys and knows how to use bear spray,(as pepper spray is illegal to carry). its better than nothing but she just knows not to walk down those alleys and get into those situations before they arise, myself included.

maybe one day ill shoot buddy's 9 mm, ive never shot one. i might get the point of it, but as the law is here, there just isnt a point to having a concealed gun for the average person. you guys in the US are lucky that way i guess. my 2 cents.

keep up the great thread, im getting a better understanding of how and why people do these things and its been a great read anyway. cheers.
evan....

l his logic is, there is gonna be trouble one day and the ppl that own guns are going to survive. a little extreme but, what if??? make a guy think.

the idea of protection at home is very important.
thats the basis of the second amendment on a very basic level. the biggest "trouble" will come from the government.

History has show this repeatedly. Our forfathers had very good foresight/experience with oppressive govt's.

Seems that most of you want to keep this thread going. We've already expanded it to include Personal Defense Weapons (PDW) in addition to those for concealed carry.

I Love 45 ACP. It has a great deal of stopping power at shorter ranges.

This is my new Home PDW. It's an AR-15 in 45 ACP. It has a 10.5" barrel with a 5.5" Flash Hider welded on the end. It's unique in that it is not a simple blow back system. It uses the AR-15 style gas system. I'm working with the designer, Ron Williams. He built the upper, I built he lower. I have shown this on AR15.com and one of the comments that came back is that it's the most ugly AR-15 the poster has ever seen. I took that in stride and named it My Fugly 45. We're still working out bugs with a wide variety of magazines, looking for the best compromise of function and capacity. I can't go into a great amount of detail because a lot of this system is in a prototype stage and I'm not giving away the secrets.

I've shot it on 2 occasions and the accuracy, even when using various ammunition is unbelievable at defensive ranges. The target shown is a mix of 100 rounds of Winchester White Box, Federal 230 ball and a few reloads of my own. The distances are from 7.5 yards to 20 yards, using an EOTech without any magnification.

The group measures about 1 and 3/4" total or about 1 and 1/4" worst hits Center to Center. The shooting was done with the shooting room of the range at about 120 F. That's another story. Shooting was done without a shooting rest or Vise. just using the shooting table as support.

Attachments

• DI45 2nd Targets for VMF Forum.jpg
    DI45 2nd Targets for VMF Forum.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 17
I have a Remington 870 w/ 30" smooth bore & 3 chokes along with the rifled barrel. I like using 4 buck and the 30" barrel when I'm hunting in the swamps.
I also have a Springfield .45 acp that I need to shoot more often.

Seems that most of you want to keep this thread going. We've already expanded it to include Personal Defense Weapons (PDW) in addition to those for concealed carry.

I Love 45 ACP. It has a great deal of stopping power at shorter ranges.

C/C & PDW kind of go hand in hand, IMO, and while my personal favorite is also the .45 ACP, any caliber will work fine for personal defense....you just need to be familiar with and comfortable handling whatever your choice is. If you prefer large cal's, that's fine but a .22 long rifle in the eye will have the same effect as a .454 Casull!

I'd also like to add a third category, as I feel it is in the spirit of the thread.....Home/Business Defense (HBD).

I think the key to HBD is planning....determine your perimeter (what are you protecting) and it's wealnesses? Where are your exposures.....and how will you cover them? Do you have an early warning system such as a dog, alarm or security light letting you know of intruders? Geese are excellent for this if your situation will allow btw.

If you can get a couple seconds lead time you stand a good chance of controlling the outcome. Pre-plan, hold drills if you have to, the whole family needs to be aware....you don't want to be trying to do those things if/after a situation starts!

Then choose your weapons....a sawed-off shotgun is a great 'attention getter' and will probably buy you a couple valuable seconds....just something to think about.

Back when I was a cop, I was issued a Glock 22 in one dept. I think we used Hydra-Shocks there.

When I used my own weapon, it was a Springfield full size 1911 with PMC Starfires.

Like a previous poster that lives in Canada C&C is just not legally possible, buuuuuuuut when I lived in the USA my weapon of carry weapon of choice was a Colt Delta Elite 10mm auto. GOD I MISS THAT WEAPON!! For home defense my weapon of choice was the Mossberg 500 Bullpup Assault shotgun with low base #7 2 3/4" shells. Work really good on soft squishy targets at under 10ft, AND won't go through the drywall and hurt the kid in the other room........ For out in the field for mid range was my Olympic Arms CAR-15 variant with selector switch (full/semi/safe) and for long range my handmade by yours truly custom 7mm STW based on the Sako L691M action, Fajen (think I spelled that right) laminate thumbhole stock pillar bedded with a 27" free floating 1" cryo treated/fluted Olympic Arms exhibition grade barrel capable of reaching out and touching my intended target at 1,000 yards or better. Longest kill shot, on an antelope in Montana in a 15mph cross wind, was at 850 yards (shot hit within 2" of intended aim so not too shabby). REALLY MISS THIS RIFLE as I did all the work myself including facing the action, turning the barrel, inleting and headspacing the chamber...... why did I ever sell it....:bang head::bang head::bang head:

I agree this can be expanded to any type of defensive firearm. Anything that is carried, stored or placed where it can be accessed in an emergency. I'd change the title to be "CCW, PDW and H/BDW Firearms" if I could and if anyone would understand the title. The PDW could even be a firearm carried in or on any vehicle as a defensive tool.

Yes, a 22 can be deadly, some of the new air rifles can for that matter. Some are faster than a 22... 1400 FPS for one model I looked at.

I didn't know Canada had such strict laws. this is very informative for me.

I like to learn and you all are a great source because we're all over the globe. Thanx for the inputs and info.......

I agree this can be expanded to any type of defensive firearm. Anything that is carried, stored or placed where it can be accessed in an emergency. I'd change the title to be "CCW, PDW and H/BDW Firearms" if I could and if anyone would understand the title. The PDW could even be a firearm carried in or on any vehicle as a defensive tool.

Sweet Jesus just what I needed, more acronyms LOL.....:rofl_200:

Thevmaxrider: God, that sounds like Government doesn't it, acronyms.. :biglaugh:

The Title field of the threads are only so big though... Besides, I haven't been able to change the titles after they're posted anyway.:bang head:

I just answered a question about an 8", 22 barrel for an AR-15. That would be a nasty defensive 22. There's a 50 round drum that would work with it. I have that setup on an AR-15 Pistol...

As for home invasion......all bets are off........I'm gonna use my Inside the Shell Egg Scrambler on your eyeball if I have too......your felon ass ain't getting out of my house alive........

$0.02 deposited
AMEN![/QUOTE]

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

LOL withthe acronyms. In my profession i can write a whole paragraphoutlind the days events iwth out ever using a more than a few full words.

On a more depressing note, i was in the garage looking for something and found some of my FFL paperwork and an old add from a supplier, add was form either 93 or 96, found some invoices too, would you believe a Colt AR was under $650, enfields were $29!!! FN FAL's were $449!!! I order 2 at the same time and got a big discount, like $50!

Well, I go in for hand surgery tomorrow at 8:30 AM. I won't be shooting for a while, may not be typing for a while. Keep the thread going and I'll be back, soon as I can.... Wish Me Luck, See Ya....

Back