Corbin products

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaDon

Reaction score
I hope I am not overstepping my bounds. My purpose of being on this forum is to find out what owners of the new 2009 V-Max would like Corbin to build and sell. I would like to get some feedback so our R & D department will have some ideas of what is wanted.
If you would like to post your suggestions or e-mail them to me ([email protected]) I can pass this information on to our design team. We would like to build what you owners would like to see for your bike. We have found that in the past the best suggestions come from the owners of the bike!
Some of the products we have offered for other bikes of this style are several different seat models, saddle bags, smuggler trunks, fairings and foot peg relocation kits.
Any suggestions??? Thanks for all your support!

I think a lot of '09 owners are already asking for footpeg relocation, so that may be a good one to start with! The problem is that most people's knees hit the scoops.

If you're going to do any kind of screen or fairing, you might also have a lot of takers as the Star options are a bit gay to say the least..

A better seat for the pillion might be tempting to some, and good looking tight fitting quality luggage may be a must for anyone who wants to do miles since the Star stuff is not much more than a man-bag.

By far the most wanted item is better looking / sounding slip-on mufflers, but I guess that may not be your area of expertise..

:biglaugh:Thanks, NaughtyG! Everything but the exhaust is right up our alley. I'll pass your suggestions on to our design team!

From what I've heard, shorter folks are having trouble with feet not touching the ground. But, not due to seat height...more to do with how wide the frame is.

Try to design a seat that makes the bike look as good if not better than a stock seat does. The horse saddle look DOESN'T suit the Gen 1 bike let alone the Gen 2.

Just my .02?

Otherwise thanks for gracing are humble forum! Glad to have you guys here!

Chris

Dyna Don
Of course there will be some sort of discount for those who mention they saw you on the VMF, correct??????:biglaugh:

going on what others have said... a better passenger seat/sissybar would probably be key for a passenger. definitely easily removable like your old kits would be a plus, b/c i'm sure it would look ugly and peopel would want to take it on/off easily.

Edit: maybe even a luggage rack that could snap on the seat as well or something...

Definatly I would like to see a new passenger section of the seat available with a back rest. It would have be similar to stock with red stitching but with a sturdy Back rest / sissy bar not a real high one but also not as low as the one from the Star line.
By making the passenger end a stand alone option it should keep the cost down I would hope.:eusa_dance:

Or just design your own bolt on Sissy bar with back rest in a medium rise the would just go well with the bikes style. Unlike some if my wife is there when we start I want her there when we return.:ummm: So I would be satisfied in just a styleish bolt on backrest.

Like others, I think a stylish, removable back rest would be in order, nothing too big or gawdy. There is a member here who goes by NosBoss who made this sharp looking piece.

Attachments

• user1833_pic482.jpg
    user1833_pic482.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 25
  • user1833_pic484.jpg
    user1833_pic484.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 25
  • user1833_pic483.jpg
    user1833_pic483.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 23
I hate two things when I ride.... a cold butt when it's cold or hot sweaty ass in the summer. Whow likes going into work with ass-sweat-soaked khahis (I think that is how you speel that?). Anyway, I wanted someone to develop a seat that would have louvers that could take heat from the engine/headers to heat the seat or bring in frest air to help cool your rump. I think it could be done but the biggest problem I have thought of was anything that will let air through, will most likely let water through, so if your bike sits in the rain, you may have a soaked seat. I know there are some different foam technologies out there that would limit the amount it absourbs, but maybe a simple removable (and H2O-proof) seat cover is the answer?

Maybe I should apply for a patient, but now that I just wrote it on a public forum, it is now public knowledge and someone can go make millions....

Like others, I think a stylish, removable back rest would be in order, nothing too big or gawdy. There is a member here who goes by NosBoss who made this sharp looking piece.

That for sure is the right height. FOr the new Max it would just have to follow th tail lines a little better. But all in all that is the one.:punk:

What i appreciate for a bike , since i ride it to work , would be a removable tote.
One that is carried the same as it rides on the bike ,..Backpac's are kewl ...but eating your lunch out of them cause the "phhuuuppt" is gone in your Rubbermaid container suck's.
And not all luggage is left on the bike. I like mine to be easily removed to carry....but lockable if I stop at the store on the way home.( to the bike as well as the case it's self.)
Alot of companies come close ,...but miss the mark for the daily blue collar commuter.
I pack a lunch, rain jacket , Leatherman tool, pen / note pad.
Cold weather gloves and chap storage in the evening from the morning ride.
(outside straps for these ,...possible.)
I do not carry a 20" laptop, school books, 3 days worth of clothes or a complete set of wrenches. Just a daily commuter with the possibilities of an overnite in the city. If you designed a sweet fairing for the gen 2,or the gen 1...I'd buy it.

Just my .2cents,..cause you asked,...and very much appreciate your interest.

Thx DynaDon.

You need something like this.

What i appreciate for a bike , since i ride it to work , would be a removable tote.
One that is carried the same as it rides on the bike ,..Backpac's are kewl ...but eating your lunch out of them cause the "phhuuuppt" is gone in your Rubbermaid container suck's.
And not all luggage is left on the bike. I like mine to be easily removed to carry....but lockable if I stop at the store on the way home.( to the bike as well as the case it's self.)
Alot of companies come close ,...but miss the mark for the daily blue collar commuter.
I pack a lunch, rain jacket , Leatherman tool, pen / note pad.
Cold weather gloves and chap storage in the evening from the morning ride.
(outside straps for these ,...possible.)
I do not carry a 20" laptop, school books, 3 days worth of clothes or a complete set of wrenches. Just a daily commuter with the possibilities of an overnite in the city. If you designed a sweet fairing for the gen 2,or the gen 1...I'd buy it.

Just my .2cents,..cause you asked,...and very much appreciate your interest.

Thx DynaDon.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 33
I emailed your company directly about this bike. Definitely need a better passenger seat with a more supportive backrest - yamaha model is way too short for true passenger comfort and security with the way this thing accelerates.

Also would like a good set of saddlebags and maybe a trunk.

Thanks for reaching out to us for ideas!

Looks good Shawn....bought something simular at the end of the riding season...just used it 1 or 2 times ,...seems alright ..I have pic's on my camera ...but it's in Mexico right now,..I'll post them when i can.
Trying to figure a way to (nicely) lock it to the bike.
Also thinking of putting the back rest on ,...daughter likes to ride with me .

I would like to thank everyone for the replys I have gotten. You have been a big help! All this information I have been gathering will go direct to our design team. Hopefully they will listen and build some great products for the new V-Max.
I will keep checking this site everyday I work so keep up the good work!

Back