cylinder coolant change?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khuenefeldt

Reaction score
I am about to replace the coolant in my vmax. The manual says to remove the side covers off each cylinder then pull out the rubber plugs. I'm having problems with this. i remove the cover and behind i can't figure out how to get the plug out. it has a threaded metal center and a rubber washer-like outside.....does it just pull out?

Remove one of your spark plugs and thread it in. Then, just pull. Have a conatainer rags ready. Not a lot of coolant comes out but it still can make a mess.

Can I ask ya, why not just drain at rad, add water then run it and repeat that a few times then drain - once the water comes out fairly clear - then just add your fresh coolant mix.

Personally I thought that procedure would be quite sufficient. No ? :hmmm:

Can I ask ya, why not just drain at rad, add water then run it and repeat that a few times then drain - once the water comes out fairly clear - then just add your fresh coolant mix.

Personally I thought that procedure would be quite sufficient. No ? :hmmm:

I'm probably wrong for some reason but since I do this once a year and the system is usually very clean I simply drain, flush and fill like you're suggesting.

to me pulling all the plugs would be like pulling all the freeze plugs on a car to flush it.
There could be a good reason for it but I dunno?

You can flush a lot but there's always coolant remaining in the water jackets. I just like getting all the old coolant out that I can.

True !

I just thought the main reason for that to be done - is to do a complete drain before an overhaul. :confused2:

Latest posts

Back