Dealer cost of the new Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Way2Fast

Reaction score
Thought some of you might be interested in knowing what a Yammi dealer pays for the '09 V-Max

List price $17,990
Dealer Invoice $15,184 which includes $252 freight from mfg to dealer
Assembly/set up $50
Total ready to sell cost $15,234
Dealer gets a hold back fee of 3% of MSRP at end of model year = $539.70

Give these figures to your dealer before you put down a deposit. They should be able to give AT LEAST $1K off MSRP and not add on any other fees except for tax and title......and still be able to pay their electric bill !!

Richard

Thought some of you might be interested in knowing what a Yammi dealer pays for the '09 V-Max

List price $17,990
Dealer Invoice $15,184 which includes $252 freight from mfg to dealer
Assembly/set up $50
Total ready to sell cost $15,234
Dealer gets a hold back fee of 3% of MSRP at end of model year = $539.70

Give these figures to your dealer before you put down a deposit. They should be able to give AT LEAST $1K off MSRP and not add on any other fees except for tax and title......and still be able to pay their electric bill !!

Richard
good info, sounds about right.

Dont get stung! this what Yamaha sells the bike to the dealers for.

2009 V-Max
List Price: $17990
Dealer Invoice: $15184
Dealer invoice price includes $252 freight charge for shipping from the manufacturer to the dealership.
Assembly Cost: $50 per Yamaha pricesheet
Each dealership has its own method of figuring actual cost of assembly and preparation for sale.
There is no reimbursement by the factory for this cost to the dealer.
Ready to sell cost: $15234
This model Yamaha has 3% (of list price) dealer holdback.
This holdback money is paid to dealers in at the end of the model year for units that are sold within the
previous 12 months. Dealers must pay Yamaha the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait up to 12 months
after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.
Wholesale Incentives: none for this model
Retail Incentives: none for this model
The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in
business very long by selling machines for no profit.
Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine.
Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine
the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make.
Click Here to View another Dealer Invoice Report
Looking for a Dealer to Buy from?
Make an offer online, or check out hundreds of other units online at World of Powersports.com.
World of Powersports is an Authorized Dealer for Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Polaris, Sea-Doo,
Bombardier, Cannondale, E-ton, Triumph, and Arctic-Cat Powersports Vehicles.
They have everything from 50cc ATVs to 1800cc Touring bikes in stock and ready to ship Nationwide!
World of Powersports, 2635 N. 22nd Street, Decatur, Illinois 62526
Telephone: (800) 548-7218 or (217) 423-6521
2009 V-Max Page 1 of 1
http://www.cyclebuy.com/cgi-bin/downloadremote.cgi/Yamaha/Street

Re: Dont get stung! this what Yamaha sells the bike to the dealers for.

I can't access the link in your post. It says Unauthorized Access, and I have to register.

I can't access the link in your post. It says Unauthorized Access, and I have to register.
Same here, no big deal, just thought you may want to know.
Thanks for the interesting info, bet dealers would not want a buyer to show them this! :biglaugh:

This is very interesting information.

Dealers are prepared to deal even on a new bike so I wonder what would happen if you prepared an email to all Yamaha Dealerships in the form of a Supply Tender.

Invite them to submit their tenders to you via email for the supply of one new 2009 V-max with all the accessories you need, delivery charges etc.

Collect all your responses and then negotiate a deal?

Would there be an advantage in a supply tender for all members of the V-max forum?

This allows a dealership to consolidate a market segment and set an advantageous supply price to forum members who can reap the benefits of collective buying. Should work well for those in the U.S. Market.

Last edited:

2009 V-Max
List Price: $17990
Dealer Invoice: $15184
Dealer invoice price includes $252 freight charge for shipping from the manufacturer to the dealership.
Assembly Cost: $50 per Yamaha pricesheet
Each dealership has its own method of figuring actual cost of assembly and preparation for sale.
There is no reimbursement by the factory for this cost to the dealer.
Ready to sell cost: $15234
This model Yamaha has 3% (of list price) dealer holdback.
This holdback money is paid to dealers in at the end of the model year for units that are sold within the
previous 12 months. Dealers must pay Yamaha the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait up to 12 months
after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.
Wholesale Incentives: none for this model
Retail Incentives: none for this model
The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in
business very long by selling machines for no profit.
Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine.
Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine
the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make.
Click Here to View another Dealer Invoice Report
Looking for a Dealer to Buy from?
Make an offer online, or check out hundreds of other units online at World of Powersports.com.
World of Powersports is an Authorized Dealer for Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Polaris, Sea-Doo,
Bombardier, Cannondale, E-ton, Triumph, and Arctic-Cat Powersports Vehicles.
They have everything from 50cc ATVs to 1800cc Touring bikes in stock and ready to ship Nationwide!
World of Powersports, 2635 N. 22nd Street, Decatur, Illinois 62526
Telephone: (800) 548-7218 or (217) 423-6521
2009 V-Max Page 1 of 1
http://www.cyclebuy.com/cgi-bin/downloadremote.cgi/Yamaha/Street

I've tried to tell people this, and you laid the explanation out for them to see.

Take $2500 or more into your local dealer once they realize they can get the bike. Deals are flying off the shelf :biglaugh:

The more you pay now, the less you pay later on delivery!

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=4159

Neil

Good info, thanks!!

I would have expected markup to be much more than that, from what I've seen in tha auto industry, since dealer in the car business aren't paying any where near the "invoice" price for the car...invoice price around here is pretty much what the consumer aims to buy the car for.....

Is approximately 17% profit too much for a dealer to ask for?

Dang, go take a look at circuit city, best buy, lowes, and home depot......

Next thing you know people are going to be saying ExxonMobils little 10% profit was too much......

Just got quoted $15,800 OTD (taxes here are on my own) from a local dealer.

Waiting on the buyers order to get faxed to me and I'll be sending them the $1000 check with it. :eusa_dance:

Jim

Just got quoted $15,800 OTD (taxes here are on my own) from a local dealer.

Waiting on the buyers order to get faxed to me and I'll be sending them the $1000 check with it. :eusa_dance:

Jim

HOLY CRAP! Count me in on that price!!

Latest posts

Back