December Mod Monkey of the Month contest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mod Monkey

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all you crazy Vmax guys!! As I am sure you can guess the theme this month is a Christmas one. Use your imagination and send in your pics. The prize this month is a secret one, but trust me you will like it!! So get your cameras out and get them pictures posted!!

18th of December, no entries. Do you guys not take me seriously? This month's prize is awesome, some necessary tools bought and paid for by yours truly just to give away to the guys here like the rest of the prizes, with the notable exception of the great prize donated by Sean Morley! I am hoping that we begin to see the entries roll in here and I look forward to shipping out the prize pack the first week of January. Remember the theme this month is the obvious one, Christmas!

December is not a good time for mods.
I think most of us will start some serious work after new year.

I started some work not a long ago but, i dont like to show something what is not finished yet!

I would have sent you a pic of me riding mine in the snow today,but Sean has my engine ,making it bigger and beter!

Get lost Mod Monkey!!! Don't you know we all spent our money on Christmas presents for loved ones. Now you're just making us feel guilty.:wacko:

Dale #2592

i .. MAN , I JUST HOPE THAT I GET THESE HEADLIGHTS IN TIME TO " MOD " THEM , .. :punk:

I won't be done before January for sure.
Specially since I got bitten by a deadly polish monkey recently :rofl_200:

I wish I had a mod to post! I think the monkey needs to pay me a visit over Christmas and give me a swift kick in the rear!

:rofl_200:I've been doing a shitload of mods to the 89, even got a Thread just about it, but nothing to do with Christmas. It's red though.

So let me get this straight, I should cancel this month's contest????? I will if you guys want and will keep the tools for myself. It doesn't matter to me as this contest is not for me, but for you. If it is the will of the people to cancel the December contest and start it again in January by all means post it here and if a majority say to I will cancel the December contest and wait until January.

OH NO YOU DON'T YOU FURRY LITTLE BASTARD!!! You are not getting out of it that easy!! Will have something for you by the deadline, waiting to unwrap all those neat little presents Jodi has under the tree for me:eusa_dance: Then I have a few days to get it all put together and photographed. Has to be ready for the Toronto Supershow by Jan 6th to get Toxic on display. So keep your furry britches on and don't you dare go cancelling the contest now!!!!!!

Now, that just ain't right!! The monkey taketh and taketh and taketh.....and now, just this one time each month, the monkey giveth!!

I think the least we could do is goeth after it!!

I'm gonna....even tho '99 has been previously entered.....does that DQ me?

Stock '99 engine
Cycle One Off wheels-17"
Metzler Roadtec Z6 Interact radials-180 rear/ 110 front
Mark's Performance pipes, black ceramic headers, aluminum cans
'02 Race Tech front springs & emulators, lowered internally 2"
Exactrep V-Stax
Maxgasser seat
Memphis Shades Classic Deuce shield
Galfer SS lines
EBC-HH brake pads
Brake-Away cruise control
Denso COP's
Progressive rear shocks
Fatmax belly pan
Exactrep LED brake/tail light
Directionals wired for running/signal
Custom Dynamics sequential brake LED bars (2)
Signal stems shortened 1 1/2" ea.
OEM powdercoated bars
Gen II mirrors
Gen-Mar handlebar riser
COO O/P gauge (vertical oil breather mount)
COO O-ring popper stopper kit
Various bits Vulcan black powdercoated
Lankee LED reflector/brake, tail light conversion

Attachments

• 100_2200.jpg
    100_2200.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 19
Maybe we just ditch the theme and show what we can ? :ummm:

Crappo! Forgot about the theme in my rush to get a contest going!!

Well, this is the best I can do....it's cold, it's winter, it's a 'before' pic of '99.

We're headin' out to cut the 'Yule Log'!! :rofl_200:

Attachments

• 100_1190.jpg
    100_1190.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 25
We are just tearing our bikes apart for the Winter Mod Fever. May pics of the most disassembled bikes and brief PLAN OF ACTION?

I haven't figured out this contest yet. I've entered it twice and I guess I just don't get it. I thought I'd sit the December Contest out and think the whole thing over to come up with a new plan for my entries.

Is it all about Flash and Awe. How much money a person has to spend on chrome, accessories and paint. If that's the case, I could enter my Harley. It would have a better chance. That would be alright, wouldn't it? It is open to bikes other than VMax's. My VMax's will never look as Fantastic as some on this site. Or, as good as some of the other models people on this site own. I've worked on my bikes nearly every day for years but not everything I've done was chrome, paint or accessories.

Is it about matching the theme with photography? October seemed to be that way and I thought I had it figured out for November. Now, no one has entered the December Contest. I wonder if there aren't a few others who are confused about what is needed for a good entry too.

Please, Explain "The Rules of Engagement" for this contest.

Also, please understand, I really enjoy this site and the people who frequent it. I'm a relative new comer. I've been around just under a year. At times I struggle to decide what section to make my threads in.. I want to continue to be one who contributes for the overall good. To do that, I have to understand the rules...

OH NO YOU DON'T YOU FURRY LITTLE BASTARD!!! You are not getting out of it that easy!! Will have something for you by the deadline, waiting to unwrap all those neat little presents Jodi has under the tree for me:eusa_dance: Then I have a few days to get it all put together and photographed. Has to be ready for the Toronto Supershow by Jan 6th to get Toxic on display. So keep your furry britches on and don't you dare go cancelling the contest now!!!!!!

Take it easy there fella. I do not want to cancel the contest, as a matter of fact it is just the opposite. This is my chance to reward folks for all their hard work on their bikes. It is frustrating that people need reminding, but hey guess it comes with the territory. Looking forward to seeing pics of your baby, from what I have seen in your album any upgrades/mods will be interesting to say the least. Remember though that the theme this month is a Christmas one to be eligible to win.

I haven't figured out this contest yet. I've entered it twice and I guess I just don't get it. I thought I'd sit the December Contest out and think the whole thing over to come up with a new plan for my entries.

Is it all about Flash and Awe. How much money a person has to spend on chrome, accessories and paint. If that's the case, I could enter my Harley. It would have a better chance. That would be alright, wouldn't it? It is open to bikes other than VMax's. My VMax's will never look as Fantastic as some on this site. Or, as good as some of the other models people on this site own. I've worked on my bikes nearly every day for years but not everything I've done was chrome, paint or accessories.

Is it about matching the theme with photography? October seemed to be that way and I thought I had it figured out for November. Now, no one has entered the December Contest. I wonder if there aren't a few others who are confused about what is needed for a good entry too.

Please, Explain "The Rules of Engagement" for this contest.

Also, please understand, I really enjoy this site and the people who frequent it. I'm a relative new comer. I've been around just under a year. At times I struggle to decide what section to make my threads in.. I want to continue to be one who contributes for the overall good. To do that, I have to understand the rules...

Dave,

I apologize if I have caused you frustration over how the contest works. Here are the rules of the MMotM contests:

1) The contest is not based on how much cashola you have spent on your ride. Chrome don't get you home comes to mind. We are looking at originality, theme of the month (if we have one for that month), theme of the bike (not required, but appreciated), ingenuity, and personality (in other words what you have done to make your bike your own). We may pick a bike that has a few, very tasteful mods, that meets the theme of the month better than one that is a complete custom, but missed the point on the theme with their photo(s).

2) The mods done to the bike should be fairly recent. There is a ton of flexibility on this one as not everyone does a bunch of stuff at once. Keep in mind rule #1 and let us know what you did to advance your bike along its journey to become yours.

3) In a month with a theme (ie November was a choose your own theme, October was a Fall theme, and December is Christmas) a bike has to meet the theme to be eligible. Months without a stated theme are a free for all choose your own theme. A great example for a Christmas theme might be to take a pick of your Max in front of a lit up Christmas tree for example, or with a pile of presents around it.

4) Artistry counts, we want to see your Max in great looking scenery etc. Photoshoped pictures are generally not acceptable unless it is too cool of a pic to disqualify, but that is up to the MMRB to decide.

5) The MMRB, yes there are more judges than just myself, decides on a winner by voting on the bike that best fits the criteria we have set out. The more entries, the tougher this gets as we too have differing opinions on what we like as well.

6) A bike is only eligible to win the prize once per year. This is a hard, fast rule with no exceptions. We want to give everyone a chance to win and spread the Monkey Love around:biglaugh:

I would also like to make sure that everyone knows that we appreciate each and every entry. The last couple of contests have been wicked tough to judge!

Please keep the entries coming in, it is a pleasure to hand out the gifts we get for you guys.

Back