December Mod Monkey of the Month contest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are just tearing our bikes apart for the Winter Mod Fever. May pics of the most disassembled bikes and brief PLAN OF ACTION?

Interesting idea, we would have to think about that one. Could fold in nicely with this month's theme if you receive parts for Christmas:punk:

The only thing I did lately was to cut down and put stompgrip pads on the intakes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It looks funny but it works.
I can now toss this bike from left to right as fast as the front tire can take it (the rear one gives up on me often).

Plus - now it's easier to tell my V-max apart from all these other Vmaxes at work :rofl_200:

Here's my entry. Low resolution monitors beware.

IMG_0536.jpg

A Few Christmas Lights and Displays, Around St. Petersburg, Florida

I set up with a friend to do pictures at his house. I really wanted to take the 89 but it wouldn't start and run on all cylinders.
I'd told Richie that I would be there in half an hour. I grabbed Strafer, didn't remember my gloves or a jacket and Hauled Ass
trying to be on time. It's colder than crap in Florida right now, especially riding like I did to be on time.

This has turned into a story that's all jumbled up for a couple of reasons. Richie also took pictures of Strafer but he lost my
E-Mail address. He sent my wife an E-Mail rather than call. Mary didn't get the message and send my E-mail Address back
until after Richie had gone to bed. So Strafer's story and pictures are on hold until I get the additional shots from him..

When I got home from there, I snagged a ratchet and some known good plugs. I changed out all 4 in the 89, 2 were fouled.

This time she fired up and ran pretty good. I had the "Y" removed to see if it would run better with the jetting, as is.. I decided
I would take myself, camera, jacket, gloves and the 89 downtown so I could try to get some night time Christmas Lights and
Display Pictures. The first shot is near the Vinoy Hotel, Marina. Large Christmas Cards in the background.

The next 3 shots have a very big Christmas Display in the background. This was near what used to be called "The Million Dollar Pier".
I pulled into a pay first parking lot, passed the guards without paying and got as close as I could to the display for the shots. It's sorta
positioned to be viewed from across the water at the Vinoy Park. I tried to put the display at different places over the bike. I also took
a picture of the downtown Vinoy Park displays over the bike before the guards all rounded up into a posse and caught up with me. I
explained what I was doing, they bitched me out but let me go...

I was heading home when I passed an interesting apartment building so I turned around and pulled right up in front of it. I ended
up standing in traffic to get the pictures I wanted.. Last 3 shots...

This 89 pretty much turned into a restoration. So much was in need of repair and replacement. it's still on going, Daily. Here's a
link to my thread of all that's been done to it....

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=15009

Attachments

• 89 Christmas Cards.jpg
    89 Christmas Cards.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 89 Christmas  1.jpg
    89 Christmas 1.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 89 Christmas 2.jpg
    89 Christmas 2.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 89 Christmas  3.jpg
    89 Christmas 3.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 89 Christmas  4.jpg
    89 Christmas 4.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 89 Christmas 5.jpg
    89 Christmas 5.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 89 Christmas 6.jpg
    89 Christmas 6.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 89 Christmas  7.jpg
    89 Christmas 7.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 26
Just one week left in the contest and I thought I might just as well show you guys the prize for this month. The MMRB contacted a Yamaha dealer and they gave us a great price on the items pictured below. You can't go wrong with Yamaha tools to work on your Max:eusa_dance:

Keep the enties coming guys! This "furry bastard" enjoys giving away prizes:biglaugh:

Attachments

• screwdriver set.jpg
    screwdriver set.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 37
  • wrench set.jpg
    wrench set.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 36
Hmmmmm, I may have to reconsider my opinion of you there Monkey........ nahhhhhh you are still a furry bastard, just a bit more tolerable.

Nice prize!! :punk:

Are MM's motives of the purest nature? :ummm:

Of course not!! But, still a great prize!! :clapping:

I didn't even know Yamaha made tools! :blink000:

Well, my buddy never figured out what he did wrong the night we shot these pictures. His turned out to be 256 X 192 pixels,
about the size of a business card. Not much good trying to post them that way and blow ups were pretty defocused. I got a
few shots that I'm happy with and I blew up the best one he had (4th picture). :confused2: So far and probably all total, unless I
go out again this is what I have. We put Christmas Decorations around the bike with some lights from houses in the
neighborhood in the background. First 3 pictures are ones I took..

Added-BTW: I ran the 89 the day after I had it out for night pictures. About 3 minutes into the warm up the engine died. My tank
sensor for fuel level must be stuck. I have to run the bike on reserve position and i've troubleshot everything else. With 19 miles
showing on the trip meter, it was bone dry. If I'd made any other side trips while I was out, I'd have been stranded.... Yes, I've
really run it that much with fans on the radiator while trying to tune it... That was a close call by any standard.

Attachments

• Strafer XMas 1.jpg
    Strafer XMas 1.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Strafer XMas 2.jpg
    Strafer XMas 2.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Strafer XMas 3.jpg
    Strafer XMas 3.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Richie A.jpg
    Richie A.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
someday I might join in on this! I keep buying for my max and doing more and more. I just never have never felt I have had time to to take pictures and post. I enjoy watching what you guys come up with.

G

Well, my buddy never figured out what he did wrong the night we shot these pictures. His turned out to be 256 X 192 pixels,
about the size of a business card. Not much good trying to post them that way and blow ups were pretty defocused. I got a
few shots that I'm happy with and I blew up the best one he had (4th picture). :confused2: So far and probably all total, unless I
go out again this is what I have. We put Christmas Decorations around the bike with some lights from houses in the
neighborhood in the background. First 3 pictures are ones I took..
Gets my vote!!!:punk:

Alright guys, the MMRB had a wild party last night and I am nursing a wicked hangover. On top of this we had to judge the contest first thing this morning. Well after much argument, discussion, and threats by one sadistic bugger with a new drum set (we are seriously considering booting him out of the Board) we came up with this month's winner............SpecOps13!!!!!!
Great job this month!!! Some serious effort to win for sure!!

Congrats Dave! I know youve put alot of time into "the 89" and Im sure you'll be putting more!

Holy Smoke..:ummm::confused2::rofl_200::clapping::eusa_dance: :biglaugh: Yes.....

Thank You all. But, I had a little help from the Mod Monkey's Red Haired Cousin. Our relationship didn't start off well. She kept saying; "3's a crowd, the 2 VMax's are fine but that other bike's gotta go". We came to an agreement that it (The Harley) got pushed off to the side with a moving blanket over it. After that everything started going just fine.

Happy New Year to all of You here at the VMF.......

Latest posts

Back