do gen 1 vmax have turn signal cancellation?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidwin

Reaction score
i read that somewhere but wasn't sure. i just installed a new flasher relay since going to LED turn signals and noticed there were 3 extra wires there that are not being used. it made me wonder if the vmax really does have turn signal cancellation and i wondered how it worked....

thanks,
sid

Yes it does.

The blinkers self-cancel according to a combination of a timer and movement sensor for a pre-determined distance.

Not unless you are an electronics GOD! (Being a Demi-GOD isn't good enough)

The switchy doofa counts pulses from a reed switch in the speedo to tell it when to turn the indicators off.
You would need to re-program this to alter the shut off distance.

You might be able to create some sort of signal generator and double the pulses from the speedo. If I remember correctly it's the green/white wire.

Sean

man all this time i never knew....

now that makes me want to go back and add those resistors instead of changing the relay. I'm beyond notorious for forgetting to turn off my blinkers... that's why i didn't think the vmax had that ability since i've never noticed it working... i guess i didn't drive far enough.

my 2006 had self canceling turn-signals , i believe it was at 29 flashes - but if you stopped at a stop sign or read light it would stop counting & continue to flash all day until you started moving again , if you look at your wiring diagram , you can see there is a wire tapped into the speedometer , but when i put on my led turn-signals , i had to install an electronic flasher , i just installed a regular one , ( no timer ) but they make them so you can adjust them to how many flashes before you want them to turn off , but they are expensive !

isn't it like 400m or 20 seconds whichever comes last?

Latest posts

Back