Documented build thread 88 Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking really good. I will have to say I love the color. My frame is the same. 2 part CANDY BLUE CHROME? Well keep it up.

Roy

And just in time for summer .......... :clapping:

Taupo it is when I'm on the road.We can terrorize the place when we roll into town.:eusa_dance:

Looking really good. I will have to say I love the color. My frame is the same. 2 part CANDY BLUE CHROME? Well keep it up.

Blue over Silver...I'm actually colour (color) blind , as long as it looks good to me
it will do:eusa_dance:

PS, love the Avatar:banana:

Got some more bits on, it has some of the bits just mocked up so it is not so quite together as it may appear.Ordered the front end and shocks today and should be here sooonish I hope.

Attachments

• IMG_0467 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0467 (Large).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 83
Taupo it is when I'm on the road.We can terrorize the place when we roll into town.:eusa_dance:

Blue over Silver...I'm actually colour (color) blind , as long as it looks good to me
it will do:eusa_dance:

PS, love the Avatar:banana:

Sounds like a plan , last time i was there in Feb saw an 09 leaving a couple of bikes in its wake . By the time i reconised it by its scoops it was gone .
Sounds like an excuse to catch up again . I wish i had taken a pic of it the day you got it now . :ummm:

Got the front end sorted with the wheel mounted now, made an adaptor plate for the front brake rotor, got to make a plate adaptor to host the original brake caliper.
With some creative engineering I machined the wheel hub to accept the vmax speedo drive which worked out to be quite easy.
Finally the bike can sit on it's side stand.

Attachments

• IMG_0540 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0540 (Large).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0550 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0550 (Large).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 83
The bike looks awesome Jedi ,
that front end really makes it look fat.
Just keep at it merlin cause I can`t wait to see it when it`s finished.
<<Dave>>

Made a tail this weekend, mounted the taillight and did some painting, tail, radiator, shrouds etc. Still waiting on some parts from the US and I can really get into finishing it off soooonish.

Attachments

• IMG_0657 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0657 (Large).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 48
Made the bars tonight, still waiting on stuff back from being chromed:bang head:

Attachments

• IMG_0756 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0756 (Large).jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 57
This bike's going to be AWESOME, but it needs a better seat. Hope you got one in the works?

It was one of the first things I was going to do, but it's in good shape and as I've
progressed with it, it seems to be growing on me :blink000:

I'm sure there will be some things I'll change when it's finally together, but for now I just want it running. :peace out bike:

It was one of the first things I was going to do, but it's in good shape and as I've
progressed with it, it seems to be growing on me :blink000:

I'm sure there will be some things I'll change when it's finally together, but for now I just want it running. :peace out bike:

With a man with your skills it shouldnt be hard , some sort of fliptop muscle seat . :punk:

Put the stock cover insert ( chromed) back into the water pump cover housing which was tight and a slither of chrome peeled off:bang head:
So rather than go through the drama of pulling it off and re chroming it and all the associated time dramas, I decided to make a stainless steel one .
No chroming required:eusa_dance:

Attachments

• IMG_0782 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0782 (Large).jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0787 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0787 (Large).jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0788 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0788 (Large).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 50
It's ALIVE, fired her up late tonight after finishing the wiring.
Got a few more hours into it tomorrow and I'm a test pilot at last.:clapping:

This kinda wraps this thread up now. The bike only needs a WOF (warrant of fitness here in NZ) a 6 month compulsory check for all vehicles) and then it will be re registered.

The bike rides really well and I'm really happy with it.
Some more videos coming soooooon

Attachments

• work 010 (Large).jpg
    work 010 (Large).jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 359 (Large).jpg
    359 (Large).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Back