Don't watch if you're not going to bid!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DONE!!!!

This guy needs to relax... it is a $1500 bike (I'll actually be surprised if it brings that much)... We should flood him with e-mails and questions..

"The ONLY thing that doesn't work is the headlight?" But it's a SIMPLE FIX--he did all the research, right! :biglaugh:

Yeah, I think I'll watch this one.

Prolly just cause he said not to unless you bid.

Don't ya just hate being told what to do!! :rofl_200:

haha done.

u know if he said "whatever you do PLEASE put this on your watch list anyone" he probably would have gotten the results he wanted.

Watched! I recently had some experience with that relay issue he is talking about. I ended up bypassing the damn thing myself too. It's a neat device if it worked ok. When you first turn the key on the headlight stays off. Once started then the light fires up. If there is ever a bulb failure while riding the headlight automatically switches over to the other bulb. So if low goes out then it flips to high (and vice versa).

Kind of neat but a real pain in the ass to get working right. I was converting an old XS850 over and his switch housings were all work out so of course I went over to the Vmax parts bin.

I ended up using vmax hand controls, handlebar, and even a master since the new bar didn't let his master sit correctly. So, while I was there I went ahead and upgraded the brake calipers to newer 4 piston vmax versions with some custom adapters. If I had the time and desire I would have upgraded the rotors to FZR units since it looked like they would fit too.

We stuck a set of lowered shocks on it too and found out pretty quickly that the rear wire harness didn't like getting rubbed through from the tire contacting it - doh!

It's a turd for sure but I was surprised at how well the bike handled for an old dinosaur!

Sean

I am watching as 2 people! I just emailed 8 of my friends that have EBAY to have them watch it also..
Here is the question I emailed the guy..

"I cant believe I found one of these and WOW its in great shape! I really like that gold is that spray paint or powder coated gold? I remember buying this same exact model back in 1979. I live in Nashville, TN. My plan to get the bike is to meet you half way, Do you think you could ride it to Kentucky and I meet you there? This way I can ride it back home to TN.
Do you offer any kind of warranty?
Thanks

:rofl_200::rofl_200:
What a douche bag!!

I think everyone here should watch it... Someone needs to ask if he can ship it international

I am watching as 2 people! I just emailed 8 of my friends that have EBAY to have them watch it also..
Here is the question I emailed the guy..

"I cant believe I found one of these and WOW its in great shape! I really like that gold is that spray paint or powder coated gold? I remember buying this same exact model back in 1979. I live in Nashville, TN. My plan to get the bike is to meet you half way, Do you think you could ride it to Kentucky and I meet you there? This way I can ride it back home to TN.
Do you offer any kind of warranty?
Thanks

:rofl_200::rofl_200:
What a douche bag!!

I think everyone here should watch it... Someone needs to ask if he can ship it international

Lankey's possible answer:

I would be happy to do that sir but the headlight isn't working and I've been too busy answering questions on this auction to fix it. You sound very knowledgeable and if you could come here to Ohio I'm sure you could fix it in minutes and ride it back to Tenn.

Ummm, what's powdercoat?

someone ask if its been wheelied or stunted...

Good, got that done!
That part, "I got a lot of money in this bike so buy it before I raise the price.........." is a little irritating!
Nothing too arrogant about this dude eh?
I was gonna bid on it but screw him, now I'm gonna wait untill he raises the price. Teach this asshole a lesson!! :rofl_200:

Alright - I'm watching it too :surf: and maybe sooner or later I will be serious enough to bid on it before he sells it for alot more $$$ :lol_hitting:

Mike

I got a response back from this douche bag. I am trying to copy and paste it in. Its pretty long. He has took the bait and thinks I am serious buyer. WOOOT WOOOT This is going to be fun. I am going to keep him going all the way to the end, Than I will copy and paste the link in from this thread to him.:rofl_200:

Dear lankeeyankee1972,
Well, that is a possibility but I'm hoping to get quite a bit more
than $1500 out of the bike. Let me see how it does as the
weekend gets closer. With this being the 2nd listing on ebay I'll
be very surprised if it doesn't sell this time around.
Driving it down that way is a possibility but we'd have to come
to an agreement. Nothing personal but I'm not going to get
shafted, I'm sure you understand. Let's talk this week. Have a
great day and thanks for your interest. Feel free to email me
via ebay to ask any questions about the bike and I'll do my best
to answer them.

Ok, let me focus on some creative shit to write back to this guy..

I'm hoping to get quite a bit more
than $1500 out of the bike. :rofl_200:​

that bike is so ugly he'd have to give it to me & deliver it ! I'd cost me $5,000.00 to get it normal looking again ! Man i feel sorry for the bike !

Quite a bit more LOL!!:eusa_pray: better get praying i expect to get quite a bit more when i take my pants off but we all know how that works out!!!:jerk it:
Chris

OK I followed up.......

Ok I sent him a follow up email....

Wow I just noticed the low milege! I am serious about this bike, you dont know how much it means to me to own a bike the same as my first bike. Ohh the memories I had on her, oops the motorcycle that is.
These bikes are so fast, they dont make em like they used to! How fast have you had it? Have you ever wheelied it? I would be intrested in some more pics of her, of the bike that is.
I dont have any bids on it currently since there are a few more days left, do you mind if I watch it? I noticed you asked that we dont? I am seriously intereested in this bike. Exactly what I am looking for, even more so with the low mileage it has?
How far is Indy from you? Do you have a problem if I were to buy it to delivery there, maybe ride it? This way I know its road ready.
Thanks again

OK I followed up.......

Ok I sent him a follow up email....

Wow I just noticed the low milege! I am serious about this bike, you dont know how much it means to me to own a bike the same as my first bike. Ohh the memories I had on her, oops the motorcycle that is.
These bikes are so fast, they dont make em like they used to! How fast have you had it? Have you ever wheelied it? I would be intrested in some more pics of her, of the bike that is.
I dont have any bids on it currently since there are a few more days left, do you mind if I watch it? I noticed you asked that we dont? I am seriously intereested in this bike. Exactly what I am looking for, even more so with the low mileage it has?
How far is Indy from you? Do you have a problem if I were to buy it to delivery there, maybe ride it? This way I know its road ready.
Thanks again

i'm watching this thread just for your responses man.. keep 'em coming

also thanks for including the wheelie question. haha.. ask if he's ever endo'd it?

Latest posts

Back