Double D and clutch job

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thx for the input , At this moment I have the barnett setup and just was curious . so both have pros and cons:eusa_dance:

The barnett does slip under track conditions. The DD does not. The barnett is easier lever pull (until you upograde the springs). I still prefer my DD all day long.

Sean

The barnett does slip under track conditions. The DD does not. The barnett is easier lever pull (until you upograde the springs). I still prefer my DD all day long.

Sean

Sean
Are you saying you have better clutch control with the barnett when you say it slips under track conditions or do you mean it will slip under heavy torque with a sticky track?
Speaking of clutch. Is there a cable conversion for the VMAX? I dont like the hydro clutch its not consistent with oil temp variance. Very hard to dial in with a delay box which brings me to another question. Any expierence with the slider clutch or hear any stories about it in the VMAX.
MTC told me if I sent in a VMAX clutch basket they would make me a Slider HAT and I would just have to have a spacer made for the cover to the block.

All the above has been tried. The vmax starts to eat clutch baskets when you did it into the low 1.4 60' times. I haven't tried the slider in the vmax but have had good luck with the lockup we have in the Fazer. I've got one engine in (currently on ebay) that was running 8.3 @160 and he was using the double d with a simple adjustable restriction valve (should have some pics on there).

I have seen cable conversions but only overseas. The last time I went to the track with a barnett and fairly new discs there was obvious clutch slippage. Possibly with an air shifter you might be able to eliminate that. It would slip on the power shift from 1-2 when I am actually "fanning" the clutch. I didn't notice it as much when I was shifting the other gears with the throttle blip.

I changed the setup and immediately noticed the difference. In fact I only made it 2 miles once I got onto pavement (I live on 2 miles of dirt road) before I shelled the block from the torque (broke out the middle drive gear area in the rear case section).

Sean

Latest posts

Back