Dyna 3000 settings/opinions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos

Reaction score
I am looking at getting the Dyna 3000 ignition because I like the idea of having a better rev limiter. Does anyone have much experience with these as far as which settings/curves to use. I've got a stock motor with Mark's 4-2 exhaust and Morley's Muscle jet kit. With the above mods and a 17" rear wheel the bike gets to redline soooo quickly that I'm afraid I'm gonna cause some damage. Usually in first gear, by the time I look down, it's already at or slightly beyond 9K. Which feels awesome to me, but I'm sure the bike feels otherwise.

Does the Vmax even have a rev limiter, I can't say that I have ever noticed it feel like it "shut down" when the rpms get too high. If it does, what rpm is it set at?

There is no factory rev limiter though the timing curve really doesn't know what to do much past about 11,200rpm.

Sean

Is it safe to take it up to 11.2K then, or is 9K where I should be concerned about staying below? Seems odd that they didn't utilize a rev limiter, or can the motor take all that is actually shown on the tach safely? I do have the SASY Vboost controller that closes the vboost at 9K.

Anyone have a recommendation of which advance curve to use on the dyna 3000? I have a stock engine, k&n air filter, needles shimmed .030, and marks 4-2 exhaust. Thanks!

Jeff

Should be fine with that setting. Haven't heard any pre-ignition problems with even bigger bore engines and the advance setting.

Sean

Thanks Sean!

I am also wondering if anyone has noticed a real gain from the dyna 3000, power/fuel mileage?

Jeff

My 1200, 1260 and 1500 all liked the #4 curve and I set my limiter at 9500.

rick

Anyone have a recommendation of which advance curve to use on the dyna 3000? I have a stock engine, k&n air filter, needles shimmed .030, and marks 4-2 exhaust. Thanks!

Jeff

we have a similar setup, cept I run a Kerker. I've used all the curve settings. No real noticeable change, but curve 4 seems to be the happy spot for milage and pep.
I have my rev limiter set 500 below redline.

Back