Dyna Beads?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
This is just being carried forward from my new tire balancing ordeal! http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=17901

For all that are interested, I purchased the dyna beads with free shipping here:

http://www.hondanuts.com/dynabeads.html

This is the lowest price that I could find for them. I ordered them yesterday and according to the email notification, they were shipped out yesterday too!!! BONUS...... I should have them today or tomorrow since NY to MD isnt more than a day or two USPS.

I will give you my opinion once installed and ridden on next week.

$8.00 per ounce? No offense, but OUCH!

Next time try this web site direct.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/gallery1.htm

If you buy in the larger quantities, it is as low as $1.87oz give or take shipping. I buy the big 20oz bags and have installed them in most everything in my garage.

I still haven't seen a shred of evidence that these things work. There's been multiple cases however of an unbalanced wheel on a dynamic balancer machine, it calling for x weight in y spot, adding dynabeads, spinning it again, and getting the exact same un-balanced result. For some reason dynabeads claims that these machines don't work with their beads, which sounds like massive BS to me.

Someone needs to have traditionally balanced wheel, then remove the weights and go for a ride. Then add the beads and ride again and note any differences.

I can't help but think people that go "I had no vibration with dynabeads" probably would have no vibration with no balancing at all.

$8.00 per ounce? No offense, but OUCH!

Next time try this web site direct.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/gallery1.htm

If you buy in the larger quantities, it is as low as $1.87oz give or take shipping. I buy the big 20oz bags and have installed them in most everything in my garage.

Not sure where your math comes in, but I ordered the 1oz, 2 oz plus applicator for $15 delivered to my door. That site you reference is far more expensive in my eyes for the same. $8.10 USPS standard, c'mon now thats $21.50 for the same.....

I still haven't seen a shred of evidence that these things work. There's been multiple cases however of an unbalanced wheel on a dynamic balancer machine, it calling for x weight in y spot, adding dynabeads, spinning it again, and getting the exact same un-balanced result. For some reason dynabeads claims that these machines don't work with their beads, which sounds like massive BS to me.

Someone needs to have traditionally balanced wheel, then remove the weights and go for a ride. Then add the beads and ride again and note any differences.

I can't help but think people that go "I had no vibration with dynabeads" probably would have no vibration with no balancing at all.

Motorcycle Consumer News did a test on Dyna Beads and came to the conclusion that they did not work. May be able to go to their website and view the test.

My bad. I typo'd (we call it "fat-fingered" here at work) an "8" instead of a "5". I meant $5.00/oz.

Last beads I bought were around $2.30/oz at the other site - delivered, but I bought a larger quantity and already have the applicator bottle.

My bad.

RaWarrior, I put them in my Honda Rune tires which were properly balanced and rode smooth. I then removed over 1oz of those ugly stick-on weights from the front tire. Though I haven't proven it with a balancer, the bike still feels perfectly smooth with the weights removed and beads installed.

My bike had a good shake from the day I had the new Metzler put on and balanced. I put dynabeads in and the popped the lead off, and the shake disappeared. They worked for me. Ya, I know your gonna say the dealer screwed up the lead balancing, but I've been going to him for 30 years and never had a problem before. We use a similar type of balancing agent in larger quantities on our bus tires and it works great, its called Equal tire balancing agent. It comes in bags that you throw in the tire when mounting. After a few rotations, the bag breaks open and disintegrates, leaving the contents free to do their thing. We have a spin balancer for our bus tires, and its a known fact that as the tire and the brake drum wears, it will throw the tire balance out of wack. Its a much larger scale than a motorcycle tire, but the balancing agent compensates for it.

They put the dyno beads in a truck I was driving over the road to test them and the front tires bounces pretty bad until I got the speed to abour 30 and then smoothed out, this happened every time I stopped ans restarted. I refused to drive the truck with them in the tires and have not had any experence with them since.

Don"t know about using dyna beads in a truck tire. The dyna beads are a pretty large diameter compared to the Equal balancing agent. The Equal stuff is so small diameter, that it looks like dust when out of the bag. Maybe they put in the wrong stuff for a large tire application?

Just changed back tire today, took off the wheel weights, popped it up on the center stand and put the bike in 3rd, spun the bike up to 6K, had some vibration. Could feel it unmistakeably. Took out the valvecore, installed 2 ozs of Dyna beads, put it back together, and ran it up again. I had to look at the back tire to see if it was spinning. Couldnt feel it at all. I'm sold on them, put them in my front tire as well. Rides so well i can see clearly on my mirrors, used to be fuzzy from minor vibration. Now its as clear as day!

I changed out the front tire on my wife's gen II last evening, and added an ounce of beads in it. Left the 1.0oz wheel weight on it, and she test rode today. Says her bike felt smooth as silk with both the wheel weight, and the beads inside.
I also changed out her Rune front tire last evening and re-used the 2oz in her old tire into the new tire there. She's been running the beads in that bike for two years now with no problems to report even though the old tire showed minor cupping and had really bad left-side only wear patterns developing in it.

Latest posts

Back