Engine cross brace

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtotiger1

Reaction score
Has anyone come across a bolt on , inexpensive set of engine cross braces yet? these things seem soooo over priced to me for what they are. I heard Morley was going to be fabbing a bolt on set up last fall, but I havent heard anything about it yet.

I had started working on a set that I was going to make several sets but I have no time an
DSC_00192.jpg
d am not home enough to get around to it!

Gannon

You can probably get a good set made to your specs for under $100.
I had these made of chrome molly, just followed the specs from a sight I found on bracing the VMax for racing..

What cost me the most was having it powder coated silver, and the welding since I did not have the equipment to weld.
The shop provided and cut all the material, and welded it pretty affordable but then I powdercoated it then had to pay some one $75 to weld the tab to the frame...cost me a total of about $160....if you know a welder who works for beer, it'll cost under $80...but this was 3 years ago, prices for material may have gone up.

Thought about the bolt ons, but all the bolt ons do not tie the frame together at the right angles, because the perfect spot is at a junction on the frame that cannot be bolted on too.

My Max would start dancing under power changing lanes, and the dreaded weave came on at the worst times at high speeds.
With the brace added, on the same high speed sweeper (for the Max) I picked up about 15mph...from 75 to 85/90mph.
And immediately I was hitting 145mph like I was on rails...on a good calm day I hit 155 on the speedo......my speedo is off 4mph at 60 per GPS.

I'll try and find the site and post it up.

Attachments

• IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 126
Chrome no more...too hard to keep clean and people thought it was a Harley with all the Bling:clapping:
This is it now:

The sight with the info is: www.vmaxchat.co.uk

Attachments

• IMG_2722.jpg
    IMG_2722.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 91
I think this was from a Terry Hayden article:

Attachments

• proposed_brace.jpg
    proposed_brace.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 104
Dale Walkers, the bolt ons, are $300 bucks.

If you had the means they could be built for less than half that probably.....

I do think that the bolt ons versus weld-ons thing is overdone, bolt ons seem to me like they do the same job equally as well.

I can't justify paying that much for two metal tubes and handful of bolts and nuts to mount them up.

If anyone decides to build some affordable braces please let me know, i would be very interested in a reasonably priced set.

Back