Factory pro jetting recommendations

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure looks like what a mad scientist should have in the lab lol.

Do you have to top up the container with fuel......treat it with sea foam so it doesn't gum up or phase separate or just incase it evaporate????
Or you got some kind of magic BRC fluid in there????

For sure looks like what a mad scientist should have in the lab lol.

Do you have to top up the container with fuel......treat it with sea foam so it doesn't gum up or phase separate or just incase it evaporate????
Or you got some kind of magic BRC fluid in there????

Nah, nothing that complex Rov....I just empty it after every use. :rofl_200:

Well, I'm going to try and find some larger mains tomorrow, but it definitely will work with no air correctors. I pulled them, and went with 190 mains, and it'll rev all the way to at least 8k. I stopped at that point, because it began to lean out. Gonna see if I can get my hands on some 200's tomorrow. Don't know what the outcome will be, but I had some spare time while waiting on a set of loaner carbs from Sean and figured I'd see if it'd work.

Sean or dannymax will have some....

200....wow, what's your wide open cut look like....

That's for sure! :punk:

And completely moot without a wet level check.

That's some serious setup. I can see how it makes life easier. That wet level is just a pain in the ass to set properly.
I was thinking about getting an IV from hospital surplus before lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The whole deal is just for a double check, I made a gauge that works great and can't remember the last time I had to RE-tear any down for a second adjustment....but it'll happen sonner or later, I just know it!! :punk:

Well, I'm going to try and find some larger mains tomorrow, but it definitely will work with no air correctors. I pulled them, and went with 190 mains, and it'll rev all the way to at least 8k. I stopped at that point, because it began to lean out. Gonna see if I can get my hands on some 200's tomorrow. Don't know what the outcome will be, but I had some spare time while waiting on a set of loaner carbs from Sean and figured I'd see if it'd work.

How about a set of drills to open up the jets in steps, untill you get to where you want? It might save you time. I'd like to see a pic of the plugs (chopped)and exhaust with 200's if possible.
Steve

how about a set of drills to open up the jets in steps, untill you get to where you want? It might save you time. I'd like to see a pic of the plugs (chopped)and exhaust with 200's if possible.
Steve

+1

I've given up on this until I try the known good carbs that sean's sending me because this all is probably a waste of time. I'll return to it if Sean's carbs have the same problem, but only after I adjust that 1 valve I have that's too tight. I couldn't find any 200 mains locally, so I decided to modify some 152.5 mains to use as an air corrector. The 152.5's weren't enough, as the air fuel ratios past 7500 rpm were anywhere from 14.5-1 to 15.5-1. It might require some 205 or 210 mains. It is interesting to know that it works. My goal with this was just to learn a bit more about these carbs, and mission accomplished. It seems you can do it, but it requires somewhere in the neighborhood of 18-20 sizes larger on the main jets. If I had to guess, that's why they use air correctors instead. I also still have no idea what, if any, effect this would have on mpg.

Back