Found a better cheaper vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
Well this just sucks. A few months ago I was on the hunt for an 85 max. I wanted one sooo bad i could taste it. I finally did, but I had to drive a 800mile round trip ,in a blizzard to get it, plus a day in lost wages.Then I had to do a ton of work to it when I got it home. I simply couldnt find one for sale that was close and in my price range. I paid $4200 for mine ,and that Was a good deal for around here.
So, I walk into the LOCAL yamaha dealer to day and what do you suppose is sitting on the floor.....yep 1985 max...AARRRGGG!! It is owned by the mechanic and he bought it brand new.He bought a gen2. It has Brand new metzlers,windshield, highway pegs,and new battery with fresh oil and servicing. $4000 obo. Its in nicer shape than mine all the way around. Has 32000 kilometers and comes with a tarp. You know...chances of a used max for sale around here are a million to 1 and yet there it sits just to piss me off.

That sounds like my normal timing.... :bang head:

Sell yours - Buy his :clapping:

The market really sucks right now. We have had nothing but rain and cool weather this summer and a ton of bikes are for sale. The same bikes that were for sale 2 months ago are still listed. I was extreamy lucky to sell my harley, the market here is flooded with them.

The market really sucks right now. We have had nothing but rain and cool weather this summer and a ton of bikes are for sale. The same bikes that were for sale 2 months ago are still listed. I was extreamy lucky to sell my harley, the market here is flooded with them.

Nuttin' wrong with having two V Max's Rip'n!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Nuttin' wrong with having two V Max's Rip'n!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

+1 on that, buy it and sell yours when the markets good or just keep it listed. if you sell your for the price of the new one then you only paid 4200 for the local one which is cleaner anyways right so not loosing much there.
still like option 1, keep both :punk:

Iv been looking for one for almost a year. I was hung up on a 85 for a while until I decided the bike would just have to have aftermarket rims.

I agree with tugla, if you have the cash buy the other one and keep the 2 until the market turns..

Back