Frame weight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blurr

Reaction score
I waded through 11pages of threads some hundreds of post, but no joy. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the stock frame with swing arm weighs?

I got all that stuff sitting in my living room and could weigh it for you. I know you mentioned swing arm but do you want all the other frame pieces included. The three removal able parts are the right side frame member, the left side rear fram member and the spreader above the oil filter. Also remember this will not include swing arm pivot bolts, bearings and all the assorted bolts.
Patmax

Indeed, I'm talking to Steelheart engineering in the UK. They have an aluminum frame that offers some serious weight savings but it is quite pricy. I'd like to have a hard(ish) number to compare the weight savings too. Ideally, I'd like a 'all up' weight of what I'd be replacing (basically everything not motor, suspension, or electric). I figure I have to replace the bolts and bearings so they shouldn't be added to the frames' weight.

I have a slightly tweaked frame that I need to get replaced at some point. If the weight savings are great enough, I'd like to upgrade instead of replacing the thing. Thanks for any help, Pat!

Wait, in your living room?!:ummm:

I can't imagine saving more then 30lbs or so (if that). Most of the weight savings will be the swingarm but even that won't save you all that much.

I am sure that aluminum is pricey . I probably would not spend that much cash unless I was rich & trying to drop every ounce for racing or a show bike. You can buy a used frame for around $ 200 bucks with a title.

I have Steelheary bookmarked and like their stuff. Of course you would want a swing arm too and if you were really serious about weight, chain drive is the word! It's only money right?!
Yes, right in the living room on the carpet! It's all NOS and freshly powdercoated frame pieces so no worry about grease/dirt and wrath of the wife. I'll take pictures!

I just went to the website....it is a pretty frame and swing arm.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 38
Comes with fuel tank, rear set pegs and kickstand. I have some more pictures that didn't make it up on the website:

Attachments

• fuelcell 02.jpg
    fuelcell 02.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 31
  • roar 03.jpg
    roar 03.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 28
  • fuel cell01.jpg
    fuel cell01.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 29
  • CIMG0421.JPG
    CIMG0421.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 29
  • CIMG0425.JPG
    CIMG0425.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 29
  • CIMG0426.JPG
    CIMG0426.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF5115.jpg
    DSCF5115.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 29
Looks like a nice setup but I really hate the sport bike tail on the max. It's a crazy popular mod, but I haven't seen a single bike that I think it looks good on.

Not a huge fan of the sport tail myself. Here is a picture of mine as of a few months ago. Haven't done anything to it but move it.

Attachments

• IMG_20130628_184638 (2).jpg
    IMG_20130628_184638 (2).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 26
Looks like a nice setup but I really hate the sport bike tail on the max. It's a crazy popular mod, but I haven't seen a single bike that I think it looks good on.

Even mine ??? ; (
"Sniff, sniff", "pout"
You done gone and hurt my last feeling!

Haha.....

Actually I tend to agree when its just the tail and nothing else....,But I think they're ok when the rest of the bike has been changed to suit the theme.

It would look better if I could get the final front end stuff! Which I understand is almost done!

Bare main frame is 40.3 lbs.
I'll weight the removable frame members tonight.

No way you're going to get much more then 20lbs off it then and still maintain structural integrity. You'll be better off buying my Carr wheels and saving rotational mass!

Back