Frame weight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Sean. The cost alone would push me to Carrozerria 18 inch wheels, not to mention how much easier a mod is. What do you suppose shipping that thing would be? 2-300 bucks. Hope you don't have registration issues in your State!
I think you see a trend here.

What I see? I see I have the aforementioned rims. They are on the bike. The one in the picture. I appreciate everyone's thrift regarding other people's disposable income though; cautioning against spending money as a hedge against buyer's remorse is a good thing. It also sets up the inevitable opportunity to say 'I told you so!' As for some magical bullet for handling/performance I don't think this would be it. I am under no misconception that this bike would be a GIXXER killer through the canyons as a result of a this frame. Feel free to find my choice to put an emphasis on weight reduction as a bit fanatical but what I think iis this is a neat frame, I want it. Do I want it enough to pay the price? Who knows, maybe. Frankly, there aren't alot of things I have left to do/upgrade on the bike. Assuming the forks show up, I'm down to pretty much a monster engine and the frame.

I bought a second vmax after waiting 6 months for the third party supplier to get my parts done. No reason his/her/shem's inability to complete or communicate reasons for delays should hinder my enjoyment of the summer season.

LOL...after I saw the frame I was chatting with the girlfriend, and sent her links to the frame. My mind started racing around.."hmmm that frame and swing arm, a 1500 cc engine, and maybe just some nitrous just for the fun of it".

What ever you decide, I'm certain that it will look amazing.

Patmax is working on it. So far He has the base frame at 40.8lb. Thanks Patmax!
(PS Hubee, your listed 42lb was frame with all removable parts or the large single piece?)

Yea, one of our arms add's quite a bit of weight. But, it's all low mass so handling is def improved even with that.

Got the last three pieces weighed tonight albeit, no finish on them. They came in at 7.4 lbs so add that to the weight of my NOS frame of 40.3 for 48.10 lbs.
It weighs less anywhere that uses kilograms!
Again, no bearing races, no bolts no swing arm pivots.
u5a2yvu9.jpg
u8aqe6e5.jpg
esypepyb.jpg

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

Did someone want swing arm weight too?

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

LOL you rock Pat. If I do go with this I'll be swapping out the braced swing arm I currently have for one that matches the frame so I could use that weight just for a base line. The steel frame (not including the swingarm) shaves just over 18 lb off the total. Thirty lb might be the limit possible with aluminium. The saga continues...

Back