Front end swap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, we have warrior forks on 2 Vmax's here. They are the same length as the R1 (and same size) so unless you like dragging the ground you will still need an offset triple. They are approx 4" shorter then stock.

Sean

Good to know Sean.

Could you shoot me some info on the warriors you've done? Would be nice to have some advice from a pro.

Here's pics. Both bikes have Otec triples. We made a custom axle for them to use the Vmax wheels (though we could have ordered a wheel for that front end).

Sean

Attachments

• KevinVmax.jpg
    KevinVmax.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Close_to_Done_-_Feb_22_-_2010_003.jpg
    Close_to_Done_-_Feb_22_-_2010_003.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 67
What's a COO front end? Been looking at front end swaps. Thanks

Thanks but that's not mine, I'm sticking as close as possible to original. I'm not totally sold on the orange anodising, maybe it is were black who knows....

Yes, getting it was a whole battle in itself. Now once it finally started showing up I found other issues. Tom must have been going through some serious shit when I was dealing with him.
He was in a hurry when writing the program for my front end. I say this because I received items that were dimpled but not drilled or drilled but not tapped.
He made me top caps .03 under twice, didn't powder coat the ones that were sized right and finally said to just keep what I had, no refund...
I'll still say Tom does do good work, reasonably priced and he's U.S. based.
I see he has a new really good looking website.
I posted based on my one experience, back about 2014. If anyone has dealt with COO please share your experience, as creative as Tom is, cant be all bad.
Gent

He has made front end kits for us before. We had holes not tapped deep enough which we fixed by hand which was no big deal though a hassel that could have been prevented. This was resolved by making him send the triples with bolts pre-installed so he could deal with it lol. We make our own extensions/caps so no issues there. Not sure if his caps were too small or too tight? I know I didn't like his since they were not perfect in their centering and looked not as good since it had the thick wall edge. We put a taper into ours.

I do think the upper could use a little more relief for the stock riser since it has a small interference currently (not enough to bother doing any rework for me).

We make our own fender adapters and axle kits as well. We even make custom speedo drive eliminator and a nicer looking Right side spacer.

Attachments

• IMG_20180615_160059.jpg
    IMG_20180615_160059.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180615_160559.jpg
    IMG_20180615_160559.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20190506_163029.jpg
    IMG_20190506_163029.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20151014_152259446.jpg
    IMG_20151014_152259446.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20210421_214452741.jpg
    PXL_20210421_214452741.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 18
He has made front end kits for us before. We had holes not tapped deep enough which we fixed by hand which was no big deal though a hassel that could have been prevented. This was resolved by making him send the triples with bolts pre-installed so he could deal with it lol. We make our own extensions/caps so no issues there. Not sure if his caps were too small or too tight? I know I didn't like his since they were not perfect in their centering and looked not as good since it had the thick wall edge. We put a taper into ours.

I do think the upper could use a little more relief for the stock riser since it has a small interference currently (not enough to bother doing any rework for me).

We make our own fender adapters and axle kits as well. We even make custom speedo drive eliminator and a nicer looking Right side spacer.
Bottom right pic, complete front end. Is that chrome or black chrome?

Bottom right pic, complete front end. Is that chrome or black chrome?
Regular chrome. We don't really do much of the black chrome anymore (black nickel).

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 19
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 18
I believe, different front end decreases value of a bike. Sooner or later you will sell it, don't be surprised.

I believe, different front end decreases value of a bike. Sooner or later you will sell it, don't be surprised.
It depends on the goals of the owner. This was to enhance handling. He spent more on the triples then you probably spent on your house/apartment. His goal wasn't to sell the bike but to make it better handling, braking and looks. Rarely does ANY mod increase the value of the vehicle in which it's put on. This one would increase the value by some amount but not by the amount spent on it.

Sell a motorcycle ? That's a sacrilege. Motorcycles are to be bought only ! This method solves a lot of problems like 1) worrying about resale value, 2) don't have to fix it to sell it, 3) keeping it stock for any reason, 4) trading off features one likes to get other features (just switch rides). I could go on but give me 1 valid reason to sell a cycle.

Back