Fuel line Air bleed valve.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
My carbs require the flue line to be routed down low between the cylinders close to where the oil breather is. This creates a high spot where air gets trapped in my fuel system. Iv removed the air before but its a pain in the ass preventing fuel from spraying all over uncontrolled.

Can anyone recommend a fitting which I could mount at the highest spot. A bleed screw or Tee with a valve? Or do I need to build one?

Maybe this brake bleeder?
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=PRC_L35-640

why can't the pump overpower it?

The fuel pump works fine and I have removed most of the air now. But the left over air will always remain in the highest spot. If the fuel tubing was smaller, the higher fuel velocity might force it through. But as of now with 1/4 ID fuel line, I always have a little air stuck in the high spot seen through the clear fuel tubing.

Im not looking forward to screwing around with this trapped air every time I remove the carbs for cleaning. Or drain the bowls to get to my jets which I need to do here soon.

Guess I need to make a tee fitting with a valve or cap of some sort.

This is what I need..

Attachments

• 0900c152800a8c02.jpg
    0900c152800a8c02.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 24
You are so way over my head...:rofl_200:I know what your talking about but never thought about it... Wow...

Seriously, over my head but I'm willing to learn.. Anything that makes me run better is a blessing...

A HVAC supplier should be able to get you what you need for a decent price.
Check out the link:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ecatalog/N-/No-0/Ntt-access+valve

All kinds of options on the first three pages. I'm thinking an access valve with built in tee. You can buy a few different sizes, just need to match it up to your fuel line. They have 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8".

Options in copper

14-In-Access-Valves-3DWY3_AS01.JPG

and options in forged

14-In-Access-Valves-3DWZ7_AS01.JPG

If you are unable to get what you need, I can send it your way. Just tell me what size.

once your carbs get fuel does the problem go away until you park it for a long time?? just asking cause could you add a small primer bulb to help push fuel to the carb, once started the fuel pump should be able to overcome the air pocket, maybe? something like primer for skidoo or one off a lawn mover......... just a thought

Seriously, over my head but I'm willing to learn.. Anything that makes me run better is a blessing...

You shouldn't need that air bleed because you have stock carbs. My stock bike doesn't. My Vgas bike needs a bleed because the fuel line runs down very low to the breather between the cylinders.

A HVAC supplier should be able to get you what you need for a decent price.
Check out the link:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ecatalog/N-/No-0/Ntt-access+valve

All kinds of options on the first three pages. I'm thinking an access valve with built in tee. You can buy a few different sizes, just need to match it up to your fuel line. They have 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8".

Options in copper

14-In-Access-Valves-3DWY3_AS01.JPG

Perfect Mike.
For the life of me.. I could not find that fitting searching for "hvac schrader valve" etc.

You do hvac Mike? I run and maintain 30,000 tons of chillers for the U of I. But most of the time I'm a glorified janitor.:biglaugh:

If you are unable to get what you need, I can send it your way. Just tell me what size.

PM coming soon.:punk:

once your carbs get fuel does the problem go away until you park it for a long time?? just asking cause could you add a small primer bulb to help push fuel to the carb, once started the fuel pump should be able to overcome the air pocket, maybe? something like primer for skidoo or one off a lawn mover......... just a thought

The fuel pump works fine. Bowls fill , but then trap the air. The fuel pump thinks the system is full but its not. Again, not a problem for stock carbs but thanks for the suggestions tugla.

Thanks rebar, I was thinking I really missed out on something that would help me... My Blonde Day....:rofl_200:

My Blonde Day....:rofl_200:

Iv had plenty of those.. Actually, its a lack of education. Some people are lucky enough to be taught hands on or seek formal education if they have time. Others, like me, struggle along.:rofl_200:

Finally got the bleed valve in there. Nice and controlled air release. But I kept getting air bound.:ummm:

Turns out PO used white Teflon tape on the fuel pump fittings and it broke down and sucked air.

Lesson.. Don't use white Teflon tape on fuel systems. Only the yellow fuel safe which some auto parts stores don't carry. Should run better without the air..:biglaugh:

Back