Gale speed wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridin Dirty

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Gale speed wheels? They look like a good light weight alternative to the now discontinued Carrozzeria wheels, although their only available in 17 in diameter. Hard Racing in N.C. is advertising them for $1829.00. Gale speed lists a specific part number for the Vmax.

I know some of the UK Maxxers have had them in the past and as far as I am aware were satisfied with them.

A post on V Max Chat may be worthwhile if you don't get a response here?

Maybe something I should see about setting up as a dealer with (if they even offer dealer accounts)??

Sean

Maybe something I should see about setting up as a dealer with (if they even offer dealer accounts)??

Sean

It looks like all the U.S. dealers are selling to the sport bike market. Over Racing in Japan promotes the wheels for the Vmax. It looks like their missing the Vmax market here. The U.S. distributor listed on their website is GP Tech http://www.gptechllc.com/ . It may make sense to contact the manufacturer directly. As the Vmax market is separate from the sport bike market, and not being served. The manufacturer may be willing to sell to you directly.

I like this link concerning the value of weight reduction, on wheels.
http://www.hardracing.com/Rims/WheelWeightInfo.htm

This site, http://www.baysideperformance.ca/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1294_531 , sells VMax GaleSpeed wheels in Canada. They also have a US site as well. It appears that you are looking at spending $1,700-1,900+ shipping for a set. The nice thing is these guys actually list the VMax in their model selections for the wheels.

thats really not a bad price. i sent them an email about just a front wheel to see what they're asking. i'd be cool if sean was a vendor.

Will be interested to see if they will break up sets. Some day in the future I might want an 03 R1 front and a 6" wide wheel for an 04 ZX12R. One thing I don't like though is that for those of us with chain drive you have to buy their sprockets.

We can sell you a Carrozzeria wheel set Jim. They won't mind making a set price using the different machine applications.

thats really not a bad price. i sent them an email about just a front wheel to see what they're asking. i'd be cool if sean was a vendor.

Wild Brothers price on polished Lightcons is $ 2,200 for a set ( may have a discount for VMOA ?? )

Never mind , Bill said he doesn't sell Lightcons anymore. Website needs to be updated.

Jim and I were talking yesterday about wheels and that there is more involved to installing wheels on a Vmax than just buying wheels. Maybe I'm taking Jim and my conversation out of context a bit but to those who (like me) have never installed wheels on a Vmax might like more information.
When looking at RC Comp wheels the have a extra kit that's needed to install their wheels on a Vmax. Is that all that's needed? Do other wheels need a "kit" to install their wheels on a Vmax?

Jim and I were talking yesterday about wheels and that there is more involved to installing wheels on a Vmax than just buying wheels. Maybe I'm taking Jim and my conversation out of context a bit but to those who (like me) have never installed wheels on a Vmax might like more information.
When looking at RC Comp wheels the have a extra kit that's needed to install their wheels on a Vmax. Is that all that's needed? Do other wheels need a "kit" to install their wheels on a Vmax?

i think the cazz bolt right on

obviously kosman does

dynamag i think bolt right on too

so does przemek's rear

i think the cazz bolt right on

obviously kosman does

dynamag i think bolt right on too

so does przemek's rear

Yes, bolt on up to 180 tyre.
I will have one 6" wide soon and complete rear with 5,5" soon.
6 is almost complete...doh...I still think day should have 30h not 24h...

zdjcie008ul.jpg

zdjcie009b.jpg

Wasn't much needed on the last set of RC's I sold (it's been quite some time though). I think you only needed to move over the cush drive but I can't 100% remember if there was anything else.

Sean

Back