Global warming?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnMax/Magniac

Reaction score
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]

Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist, Professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne, Professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide, and Director of multiple mineral exploration and mining companies. He has published 130 scientific papers, six books and edited the Encyclopaedia of Geology.
Born 12 February 1946 (age 69)
Residence Australia
Nationality Australian
Fields Earth Science, Geology, Mining Engineering
Institutions University of New England, University of Newcastle, University of Melbourne, University of Adelaide
Alma mater University of New South Wales, Macquarie University
Thesis The pipe deposits of tungsten-molybdenum-bismuth in eastern Australia (1976)
Notable awards Eureka Prize (1995, 2002), Centenary Medal (2003), Clarke Medal (2004)

Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From? Here is what Prof. Ian Plimer said -

"Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland. Its first spewing of volcanic ash has in just 4 DAYS negated every single effort you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it's that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know, it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished …… while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up tillmidnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper,
putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your $0.50 light bulbs with $10 light bulbs .... well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes in 4 DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to drop rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt. Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt. Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it!!!!

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years.

And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change scenario !

Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention 'Global Warming' any more, but just 'Climate Change' - you know why?

It's because the planet has cooled by 0.7 degrees in the past few years and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing except for making you poorer.

It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.

But, Relax...

Give the World a Hug...

[/FONT]

The world has a'lot of stuff going on and all the wrong people in charge. I ask myself how could we make a change in the world today?????????????????

Technology is a great thing but could it be the cause of our end?

Here are some facts about global warming.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/10/02/its-official-no-global-warming-for-18-years-1-month/

Ø The RSS satellite dataset shows no global warming at all for 217 months from September 1996 to September 2014. That is more than half the 429-month satellite record.

Ø The global warming trend since 1900 is equivalent to 0.8 Cº per century. This is well within natural variability and may not have much to do with us.

Ø The fastest measured warming trend lasting ten years or more occurred over the 40 years from 1694-1733 in Central England. It was equivalent to 4.3 Cº per century.

Ø Since 1950, when a human influence on global temperature first became theoretically possible, the global warming trend has been equivalent to below 1.2 Cº per century.

Ø The fastest warming rate lasting ten years or more since 1950 occurred over the 33 years from 1974 to 2006. It was equivalent to 2.0 Cº per century.

Ø In 1990, the IPCC’s mid-range prediction of near-term warming was equivalent to 2.8 Cº per century, higher by two-thirds than its current prediction of 1.7 Cº/century.

Ø The global warming trend since 1990, when the IPCC wrote its first report, is equivalent to below 1.4 Cº per century – half of what the IPCC had then predicted.

Ø Though the IPCC has cut its near-term warming prediction, it has not cut its high-end business as usual centennial warming prediction of 4.8 Cº warming to 2100.

Ø The IPCC’s predicted 4.8 Cº warming by 2100 is well over twice the greatest rate of warming lasting more than ten years that has been measured since 1950.

Ø The IPCC’s 4.8 Cº-by-2100 prediction is almost four times the observed real-world warming trend since we might in theory have begun influencing it in 1950.

Ø From August 2001 to August 2014, the warming trend on the mean of the 5 global-temperature datasets is nil. No warming for 13 years 1 month.

Attachments

• clip_image002_thumb.png
    clip_image002_thumb.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 6
I could spend all my time debunking your your links and I would not change your mind and you will not change my mind. Climate change is happening whether you want to believe it or not and 97% of climate scientist agree. Anthony Watt from your first link works for the Heartland Institute and gets paid to deny the science (remember smoking does not cause cancer). For anyone else that wants to do some research about debunked denier claims here is a link for you...

https://www.skepticalscience.com/

I for one will try to do my part to help the only planet we have and if it turns out that the science is wrong then the worst that will happen is that we will have a greener planet.

The thing that I find interesting...years ago the term was global warming. When that was proven to be incorrect...then the term was changed to climate change. So that way it doesnt matter if it gets hotter....or colder...the people in charge are still correct.

yes...climate change is happening...the way that it has ALWAYS happened on this planet. The last major climate change was 12000 years ago, at the END of the last ice age.

Now....with that, I am NOT saying trash the planet. Even a dog knows dont sh*t in your own back yard. This entire planet is our own backyard...so it is up to us to take care of the planet.

I do find it funny that climate change is a buzzword that gets lots of notice...because there is lots of money to be made. The ISLANDS of marine trash and debris in the ocean just dont get that much recognition....nor even the fallout from Fukushima...because there isnt money to be made.

I also find it funny that if your a skeptic as to the reasons for climate change (man-made or not)...your no longer seen as a skeptic....your seen as a denier (new buzzword). Ive seen people go from climate changer denier....to LGBT denier...to womens productive rights denier....all in the same discussion.

This was a explanation that I heard about a year ago, and it really does make sense. Conservatives look at liberals as being stupid....because they arent looking at the facts. Liberals look at conservatives as EVIL....and just want to destroy everything. There is just more emotion there....and for most people you cant even carry on a good debate. Its like arguing with your wife, when she is pissed. Women argue with emotion. Just my opinion.

Facts (warning, they have a liberal bias)
http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Yes I'm a liberal but I don't think conservatives are evil (my father is a conservative). I do think that conservatives try to find opinions that match their own point of view and discredit other views that don't match their world view (fox news). The link above from NASA is fact based. Feel free to discredit it.

While I may disagree with your political views have have a great deal of respect for your knowledge concerning the VMAX and the support you've shown to the other members here. Feel free to type and convert me but it will be a hard sell.

Facts (warning, they have a liberal bias)
http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

I do think that conservatives try to find opinions that match their own point of view and discredit other views

Funny, that describes all the liberals I know. Actually, I guess it just describes most people.

Quote from Barack Obama during his first presidential campaign: "We live in the greatest nation on Earth. Help me to fundamentally change it."

LOL...Like you...I have no issues with you as a Vmax owner....and forum member and contributor. I didnt even have issues with the discussion...I think that people can have a grown up discussion over an issue, without it getting out of hand.

I would even buy you a beverage of your choice and discuss this...peacefully of course. I do watch Fox news...because it offers a differing opinion. I am gown up enough to realize that a lot of things in life GREATLY depend on point of view...but the actual truth is somewhere in the middle. I used to be fairly liberal growing up. Heck...my Dad was president of the postal workers union in Wichita Falls TX. I started becoming more conservative after getting older, and seeing more of life.

LOL....I dont try and convert people...especially when they dont want to be. If you try and forcefully convert people, they will dig in their heels and resist....even if its in their own best interest. That is human nature.

Kinda like the pic that I posted last night....it all depends on what you want to use as a source of info.

Attachments

• clip_image002_thumb.png
    clip_image002_thumb.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 7
Why is it that some of the more major proponents of global warming aka climate change , seem to put a large carbon footprint on the planet , and stand to make a lot of money if their gov't programs / additional taxes / " green " businesses are enacted as law ?

Al Gore , Clintons , Pelosi , et al ? It's O.K. for me to travel by jet and have mansions , limos , etc. but not for the masses . Same issue for guns. I can have bodyguards with guns , but you can't have them to protect yourself.

It's a liberal mindset. We're right , you're wrong , I can have whatever I want , 'cause I have the good intent to save the planet from mankind but you don't and you're not smart enough , rich enough , etc. to have the same thing.

As Marie Antoinette said " Let them eat cake " .

As Saul Alinsky wrote in his book , Rules For Radicals .

“In the beginning the organizer's first job is to create the issues or problems.”

“Lest we forget at least an over the shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins - or which is which), the very first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom - Lucifer.”

At this point, I don't think anyone can deny "climate change", as evidence dating back to the stone age (when I was in grade school) has always pointed out that ice ages have come, and ice ages have gone during Earths' existence. However, it's been my personal observation, during this past few years, that only bleeding heart liberals seem to possess enough false sense of grandeur to think that the human race is big enough to be capable of making any changes in this most natural course of events.

I fart, therefore I contribute to climate change? Give me a f'ing break!

If any of this BS were true, we could pass a law stating every bleeding heart liberal could not utter a single word for the next 365 days and we'd probably throw the Earth into the next ice age by preventing all that hot air.

" Going Green " is a billion dollar a year business now. My personal thought on the subject is

Al Gore needed some type of compensation for the election he lost to Bush so he got a Nobel prize.

Global warming and climate change is a natural process of the planet.

It has happened several times over the millennia. The planet has seen multiple

events where it didnt even have ice caps as well as all the times when it was

covered with upwards of 2 miles of ice. Science is relatively new on the planet and

mainstream science is being proved wrong over and over again. The last ice age

only ended 12500 or so years ago when the planet started warming back up. Who

is to say that this "global warming " isnt that process continuing. We have only

been writing stuff down for a few thousand years. That is only a drip of a drop in the

bucket in the time of the earth.

I personally take everything I hear from science with a grain of salt when it comes

to debates like this because in all honesty they dont really know. Besides like

George Carlin said, (paraphrasing here) we are pretty arrogant to think the planet needs us to save it.

This "green" movement is just another turning of the buck for the governments to

scare people into spending more money on stuff we do not need to do something we cannot do.

IMHO of course

I cant say global warning is true or false Because i don't have the time or the knowledge to prove it. The one thing i do know is when i go out in the sun it is more sizzling to my skin than year's ago. Is that me being 51 years old or is do to something else? The sun has been hard on my skin from day one. Maybe it is global warming or maybe it's earth doing its job to take out another flee. one thing i can tell you is if global warming is true it's all a part of human's doing what human's do. I agree we are the monster's (dinosaur) on earth at this time.

Big money is the t-rex so unless you WE have what it take's to slay a T-REX Dinosaur i don't see how any change could happen.

That being said i feel you should watch and listen again to what George Carlin is saying in the video. And think about what a big change in power over this world we live in would do.
Imo only i feel it would be supper horrible in the usa on earth for a long time. We might even cause a world supper power change and that would not go well for us. Do i agree it's time for a true change in our government today i did until i had a long discussion with my 25 year old son. He opened my eye's to a'lot that i did not even think about. I feel big money has done a'lot of horrible and unspeakable things to stay on top and maybe it could have been handle different but the past is the past and truly in my mind the only way to keep what we have that may or may not belong to us is HOPE.

Hope is an optimistic attitude of mind based on an expectation of positive outcomes related to events and circumstances in one's life or the world at large.[1] As a verb, its definitions include: "hope on the face" and "to cherish a desire with anticipation".[2]

Among its opposites are dejection, hopelessness and despair.[3

IMO Vmax-Mike

Back