Gotta love the po-po

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max1139

Reaction score
Well, went out for an evening ride with a couple of buddies, and what did we find just north of town??
Good ol' bubba in a TXDPS tahoe wanting to save the world one rider at a time. :damn angry:He did a wonderful job making us all feel very smart:th_whip: ..... of course my inspection sticker was out .... and my insurance card didn't list my limits of liability so that I could ride without a helmet so....
off to the inspection station and printing up insurance paperwork. Now gotta see the judge and get the $140 ticket reduced to court costs of $20.:confused2:
At least I did better than one of my buddies, no license:bang head:
had to ride back on the back of one guys bike to get my helmet, and bring back a trailer to take the other guy's bike back to the house. On the way back Mr. DPS had an 18 wheeler pulled over .... he was making the money last night. got to bed around 11 after calming down.. aargh:pullhair:

Don't you love the txdps... I got put in jail by them recently... for speeding... look at my thread, first ticket on Max.

Lucky. Cops in Ohio have the authority to tow your bike if have no license or proof of insurance. I got pulled over as I turned into the parking lot of the shop where I worked, and my insurance card had expired....I forgot to put the current one in my tool kit under the seat. The young cop was insistent that he was gonna tow my bike, but after 15 minutes of talking him out of it, he decided to give me a "break". Still had to pay a $150 speeding ticket which was BS as well. I passed the guy running radar every morning.....same cop, same place, same time.....why the hell would I decide to speed with him right there???

cops have become nothing more than roving meter maids. It's not their fault, it;s the greedy politicians.

cops have become nothing more than roving meter maids. It's not their fault, it;s the greedy politicians.
I must respectfully disagree. It is their choice to do this work 100%. Much of modern police work is revenue collection through force of law. Of all the good cops out there that really want to help people, I would tell them that within 1 hour of where I live I can show them the most violent, gang infested, dangerous places imaginable. They should be there, instead most are collecting money to finance the out of control spending of our politicians.

Now before anyone calls me anti law enforcement I will state categorically that my family has had law enforcement members, and that I have friends in that profession as well. I also realize doing 120 in a busy area is arguably criminal. 120mph on an empty interstate at 2am is in a different category. It doesn't deserve the response I detailed in the speeding ticket thread a minute ago.
Flame away.....

Anyone who joins a PD thinking its going to be all high speed pursuits and shootouts with bad guys has seen too many movies or watched way too many episodes of "COPS". Many cops retire never having pulled their gun outside of a firing range.

The shift from law enforcement to revenue collection is quite apparent in the little Adirondack town of Schroon Lake(there's a state trooper barracks just outside of town, the only one around). In my first two years here, I saw ONE cop. Ever, and no kidding it was parked in front of the town cafe/donut shop. The next year I started seeing them posted around town, and got nabbed for not wearing my seatbelt in one instance where he was extremely well concealed. Now, in the mile long drive to work, I usually see 2 or 3 troopers, every single day. Typically at least one pull-over in the 50 yard long "school zone" where the limit abruptly drops from 45 to 20. Despite school being out for the year. They target the marina's trucks where I work, since they're constantly pulling customer's trailers, which are almost never registered or legal since they never leave town. Constantly getting "fix-it tickets" for broken tail lights, expired tags, ect. Stupid shit nobody cares about, but it's technically illegal and can be worth $50 for Paterson's bullshit spending. Pisses me off. It's always one of the two whipper-snapper new recruits that can't be much older than 12 wearing a trooper uniform. The rest of the local cops are older and seem to stick to highway beat.

One kid gave me a ticket on my Honda last year for 72 in a 55, at like 1am on a deserted road. During the 20 minute stop, not a single car passed in either direction. He was looking for shit to write me up for, seemingly frustrated a speeding ticket wasn't enough. The other is some uppity bitch lady who always pulls the marina trucks over for a faulty trailer license plate light or something. If you try to "reason", like saying it's broad daylight and it's not my trailer, she gets all pissed and her ass gets so tight you could clip a cigar in it. "Well I can't just let you go!" Sure you can, but you'd have to stop being a bitch first and that just isn't in the cards.

I must respectfully disagree. It is their choice to do this work 100%. Much of modern police work is revenue collection through force of law. Of all the good cops out there that really want to help people, I would tell them that within 1 hour of where I live I can show them the most violent, gang infested, dangerous places imaginable. They should be there, instead most are collecting money to finance the out of control spending of our politicians.

Now before anyone calls me anti law enforcement I will state categorically that my family has had law enforcement members, and that I have friends in that profession as well. I also realize doing 120 in a busy area is arguably criminal. 120mph on an empty interstate at 2am is in a different category. It doesn't deserve the response I detailed in the speeding ticket thread a minute ago.
Flame away.....

how is that disagreeing, your reinforcing what I said

I will say, as soon as we pulled over my buddy said "this guy has a hard-on for motorbike riders, he got me last year". And true to his statement, the trooper referenced his last meeting with him many times, asking him questions as a reference point... i.e. "now, what did I tell you last time? Let's see if you listened."

He did by the way ... we learned...

Apparently this guy likes the bikes and big trucks ... more money in that I guess.

Update... also known as ya gotta love small towns

went to get my inspection sticker yesterday and who happens to come in while I'm there.......:biglaugh:
the judge I need to see about my ticket, who also has a car lot from whom I bought a work van from a coupla years ago....
he was getting one of his vehicles inspected.
I said hey BH, (his name) I've got to come see you soon.
Conversation ensues, he asked a few questions and said "just bring that ticket by my office tomorrow and I'll have the clerk dismiss it down to court charges, like $20 or so.:punk:

I say, see you tomorrow sir.

Update... also known as ya gotta love small towns

went to get my inspection sticker yesterday and who happens to come in while I'm there.......:biglaugh:
the judge I need to see about my ticket, who also has a car lot from whom I bought a work van from a coupla years ago....
he was getting one of his vehicles inspected.
I said hey BH, (his name) I've got to come see you soon.
Conversation ensues, he asked a few questions and said "just bring that ticket by my office tomorrow and I'll have the clerk dismiss it down to court charges, like $20 or so.:punk:

I say, see you tomorrow sir.

hey man lucky you, got to talk to him outside court and he's understandable :punk:
sometimes i find the judge is just as reasonable as the cop that gave you the tkt......THEIR NOT!!!!!!! ahhhhhh all i can say is for sure cops watch too much reality shows or something because they sure dont want to act like humans and help you out, just out to give you a hard time no matter what your doing or not doing :bang head:

:bang head:
drama, gonna start a tv show called "hoops and how they make you go through them"!!

went to see the judge, he's not in but his clerk calls him and says, after discussions with her, that he will reduce the charges on the inspection ticket to the $20 court fees.:clapping:

But on the insurance ticket, my health insurance card didn't list the limits of liability, so I have to go back with proof that I have that. Although DPS man said all I need is a card, I need some proof of $$ liability. aarrggh

I've got a box of papers that I'm taking to the courthouse this time, insurance book, title, and anything else I can think of.:eusa_dance:

When I get figured out EXACTLY what I need, maxy is getting a "pig pocket" installed for all these papers. I guess under the air box cover?

I carry around a mini wallet. Not much bigger than a credit card. I put my registration and insurance and my credit card in there and store in under the flip section on the seat. It fits right next to the gas cap.

:eusa_dance:
Final chapter--
Went back to courthouse with box of papers, saw clerk ... she says..... l
let me make copies for the judge, he must dismiss I can't.
me...but my name is on the insurance papers
she...but I can't match these numbers from your card:bang head:
then judge walks through the office.. me.. hey judge
BH... Hi, get that ticket straight yet?
me... working on it
BH...OK
I left, they said call back before five. I did, and they said Judge dismissed that one without any court costs!!:punk:
so, DONE!!!

side note.. my buddy who got the ticket for no license went to go fight it, ask for a Jury trial and all, they told him he DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A TICKET ON FILE. :confused2:
so....I'm out $20 and so far he's only out not being able to ride back that night. Oh well:ummm: Basically, everything worked out and we learned alot.:eusa_dance:

wow got lucky there man, good for you, glad it all worked out for you.

i did run out of the court house once with the cop and bailiff in chase but in true FBI fashion i slipped away in a dark green rusted out 72 cutlass hahaha suckers!!!!!! hate going to court when they have already decided to call you guilty without evidence....:angry flame:

i did run out of the court house once with the cop and bailiff in chase but in true fbi fashion i slipped away in a dark green rusted out 72 cutlass hahaha suckers!!!!!! hate going to court when they have already decided to call you guilty without evidence....:angry flame:
Man , I Know That Feeling !

Back