Handlebar Vibration..most effective?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:punk: Just ordered a set of Vibranators and will let you know how they work. If they use them in helicopters for vibration they must be good. Got new handlebars, all the electronics, and master cyclinders. This should about complete my restoration of an 85 project. Spurs

I have also heard that BBs work good. Also heard peeps say that you use some of that window insulation tube stuff. The kind that expands when u squirt some into the cracks.
Squirt abit up a copuple inches into the bar and seal that side off. then tip bike over abit. pour in BBs until about full. then seal THAT side with sealant.
Am gonna do just this maybe in the next couple weeks of so.
Michael

I guess once I get my new bars and grips I will try BBs. If anyone hasn't ever noticed or felt this pain of the Solid mounts, I road 75-80 for about an hour and it was killing my whole body. Worse than holding onto a weedeater( gas not electric) for over a hour... I was looking into the BarSnake, but this might be a cheaper game... I am all about being cheap.

I had ordered the vibernator for my 09' and it turns out my bars are renthal fatbar they go from 1 inch center down to half inch in the end vibernator won't fit so I filled with bb's not much difference hands still go numb. I might use the vibernator on my 85'

Last edited:
I had ordered the vibernator for my 09' and it turns out my bars are renthal fatbar they go from 1 inch center down to half inch in the end vibernator won't fit so I filled with bb's not much difference hands still go numb. I might use the vibernator on my 85'

I would think the end of your bars is 7/8"......that's pretty much standard even on fat bars.

Believe Mark they taper down to 1/2 " or in the metric world 12mm .They sent me the smallest vibranator they had won't fit but it will fit my 85'. I think I have some extra vibrations going on . At 65 mph and over my wife wet her pants :biglaugh:

I installed the vibonators 3 years ago and have not experienced that numbness since then. Last year i went with the solid motor mounts and still no problems at the grips. My personal experience is that of one very satisfied customer. They do work!

I do sell the vibranators though they are expensive. I do have a set on hand (can't remember which color though). I can get any of their products if someone is interested.

Sean

I fought this issue after doing solid mounts. Kuryakyn ISO grips helped.

Pro-Taper off road dirt bike bars, with the crossbar installed completely eliminated it.
I used the SE series in Carmichael bend.
SE is 7/8" but the do make various bars in the bigger diameters.

Every time I buy bars I go to a dive shop and buy a 2lb weight. Cut the corner off and pour it into the bars before install. It helps.

Every time I buy bars I go to a dive shop and buy a 2lb weight. Cut the corner off and pour it into the bars before install. It helps.

Great idea... Don't have to limit myself with buckshot.. Don't even know if I can buy ammo in Canada without a license.. Regardless, thanks for the great ideas gents...

I also have the Carmichael bend pro-tappers with x-bar...it helped but I still did the bar-snake...can survive 200 miles no problem...

I couldn't get it to install all the way, it has about an 1/8" gap, might sand or smooth that down. With the D3 grips my thumb is numb before I get to work, it's about a 30 minute ride... I have thought about changing two of the mounts at time to see if it gets better.. Just not looking forward to the rear if I get that far..

Back