Has anyone run Supertrapps and Marks on the same bike?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingrider

Reaction score
Hey All,

Now that I've got my bike to ride like I want it to, I am considering making it faster and pull harder. I know the exhaust in stock form is more restricted, so to fully benefit, I'm guessing I'd need to upgrade to a full system, and then do something like a stage 7 kit from Sean.

Right now, I've got a set of Supertrapps on with 6 discs (closed end caps), which sound pretty good, but I would like something with a deeper rumble all though the rpm range. I tend to agree that the Trapps sound the best of any slip on, but I'm looking for more.

While I'm not all that eager to drop some big coin on just the exhaust, I know it's probably needed.

I've heard Marks exhaust on youtube, but I get the feeling like it isn't totally represents what it really sounds like in person, yet I don't know of anyone that has a his system anywhere close to me that I could hear.

So, I guess what I'm asking, how much of a different sound do you get with a full system such as Marks than say my Trapps?

Thanks for any help! :)

Marks sounds another 20-30% more boomy and loud. It really gets more noticeable on top. I heard a lot of exhausts this weekend and IMO the Marks have the cleanest low thump out there. Does Mark make a 3/4 system? I was thinking he did at one time, but I may be wrong.

i went from 8/9 disk trapps to 17" walkers (i know not marks but a similar 4-2). its quieter throughout the whole range but throatier...

maybe above 7k rpms its a bit louder. but not below it

Chris,

I am not sure all the different pipe configurations Mark makes... kind of wish his website was up and running with all his options. From what I can tell, he uses a cross over pipe which must add a bit in the sound of the tone.

Garrett,

Which pipes do you like better? I know you've got the Walkers on their now, and seem to recall that you might be looking to go a different route in the future as well.

I've never had Marks. The only reason I'd go something else in the future is b/c the coating on mine is coming off. as far as construction, quality, sound looks (as they came from walker) its all pretty equal I think and up to personal preference.

I got a wicked deal on mine, but if I had tried to go through walker to get it all new it would have been about 2x the price of marks.

I believe that EaglePI is from Minnesota near Fargo, ND. He has a nice new set of Mark's exhaust. The video's do not do the Mark's exhaust or any exhaust, hearing them in person is the only way to properly gauge the sound.

Redbone,

eaglePI is about as close to me as I am to you! :) I'm more towards the Twin cities...

I kind of figured that most videos do not give a true sound of what it's like in person... which is why it's always nice to at least know what's on a bike when it goes by you so you know if you like em'.

It is about 3 hours give or take, but after riding that stretch of road, you are ready to take your life...there isn't much to see in between. :D At least going to the UP you have something to look at other than the striped line.

If I wasn't headed in the other direction for the nesxt 12 days I would meet up in Crandon, WI.. I'm not sure if they still run the off road trucks there or not but it's less than 5 hours away with some nice roads in between!
Just checked on Crandon International Off Road Speedway: http://www.crandonoffroad.com/

It is about 3 hours give or take, but after riding that stretch of road, you are ready to take your life...there isn't much to see in between. :D At least going to the UP you have something to look at other than the striped line.

Yeah... Done it as far as Alexandria. :eusa_dance:

I'm sure it has been asked before, but do you lose the center stand with most of the aftermarket 4-2 exhausts? Looking at Garrett's pictures, the Walker exhaust allows it, but of the few of Marks that I see, it appears they have been taken off.

So, do people go with the stainless steel system from Mark, or do you do the ceramic coated steel? If there was a chip in the ceramic coating, I could see how it could rust, but from the little bit I've seen of ceramic coating, it appears to be fairly tough.

Back