" helmet lock "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
I MACHINED OFF THE HELMET LOCK , LOOKS MUCH SMOOTHER !:punk:

Attachments

• 100_0889.jpg
    100_0889.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 116
Ahhh, that's what that thing is. I had a Ninja with one of those too, all they seem to do is melt my helmets.. :biglaugh:

-SLCVR6

Helmet lock? What helmet lock? My 85 doesn't have a helmet lock. I really must pay closer attention to the newer model upgrades. I didn't realized Yamaha had ever added one. I put an ugly after market add-on on mine and have to carry a second key.

:eusa_dance:

Yeah, they're worthless as the hot muffler will melt your helmet. Most just cut if off. I think they added them in '99 but could be wrong.

HAHA, Helmet lock? I just leave my helmet and mag tankbag unlocked on my bike for the most part,. When I do lock it I use a bicycle cable lock through helmet and tankbag then around handlebar.
I have left it in front of bars while watching a ball game, having lunch/ dinner, etc without being locked/worried during the day. I get a little more cautious at night but the only time I really use my lock is in the local Walmart shopping center.... too many shifty, vellainous types around that joint!:biglaugh:

My 06 has one and with the 4-2-1 Kerker exhaust, I am able to use it. Good to know my helmet will be there when I get back to the bike.

Mike

WHEN I WAS 17 YEARS OLD & HAD AN XS1100 , ONE OF MY FRIENDS BUDDY'S HAD THERE HELMET PISSED IN , WHILE IT WAS LOCKED ON THE SIDE OF THERE BIKE , SO I HAVE NEVER LEFT MY HELMET ON THE SIDE OF ANY BIKE I OWNED ! THAT WAS REASON ENOUGH FOR ME TO ALWAY'S CARRY IT !:punk:

helmet lock works great for hooking your bungy core too

WHEN I WAS 17 YEARS OLD & HAD AN XS1100 , ONE OF MY FRIENDS BUDDY'S HAD THERE HELMET PISSED IN , WHILE IT WAS LOCKED ON THE SIDE OF THERE BIKE , SO I HAVE NEVER LEFT MY HELMET ON THE SIDE OF ANY BIKE I OWNED ! THAT WAS REASON ENOUGH FOR ME TO ALWAY'S CARRY IT !:punk:

What kind of an asshole would piss in a guys helmet! :ummm:

We got cures for them types up here, don't want to list details but it involves a kerosene fire and a dull, rusty knife! :th_hit:

He wasn't parked at a Wal Mart, was he? I'm with Redbone on that, when I HAVE to take the max to Wal Mart (can't jump in the wife's cage) I lock it down tight!! Definitely bands of ner'-do-wells roaming those parking lots!:th_11:

danny

I lock mine on there all the time with no melting issues, even after a long ride, the old ufo cans must not get that hot, I don't know if I ever locked it on the stock exhaust.

price i payed for a helmet ..i leave it know where....cut the strap in 2 sec

LOL!... I hope he noticed someone pissed in it before he stuck it on his head!

I boycott WalMart. They are evil no good company that sells way too much chinese crap!
I'll spend a dollar or two more to give my business to American companies.
Just wish I could buy an American made VMAx. Now that would be totally Kewl!

Back