how much are flat side carbs.?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what engine setup you have now but the stock carbs are plenty for a stock max engine. If you're running a stock engine and don't plan on going bigger I would suggest you send the carbs to Morley to get the A/F screws fixed. You won't believe how well the Max runs with clean carbs setup for your environmental conditions. It took me a little bit to wrap my head around the carbs but I have mine running like an EFI engine (of course thanks again to Mark Milne and Sean Morley for all the help and guidance on that). I get 38 mpg around town and up to 42 mpg on the highway and I have a unicycle at will... I love it!!

Jus my $.02 for what it's worth. Good luck with whatever direction you end up going with.

did my needles do the trick??? hell if I had money to blow id be all over these carbs if I could get them for 1k or less. it would open my 1260 right up :biglaugh:

I just got them setup, and they seem to be doing well. I haven't even put a full tank of gas through it yet, but it seems pretty good!!

Not sure what engine setup you have now but the stock carbs are plenty for a stock max engine. If you're running a stock engine and don't plan on going bigger I would suggest you send the carbs to Morley to get the A/F screws fixed. You won't believe how well the Max runs with clean carbs setup for your environmental conditions. It took me a little bit to wrap my head around the carbs but I have mine running like an EFI engine (of course thanks again to Mark Milne and Sean Morley for all the help and guidance on that). I get 38 mpg around town and up to 42 mpg on the highway and I have a unicycle at will... I love it!!

Jus my $.02 for what it's worth. Good luck with whatever direction you end up going with.

i do all my own work...... nothing against morley or anything, but you never learn to do something if you never try...... i rebuilt the carb on my old 68 mopar, had it idling without the idle screw in it, lol...... you could count the fan blades as they went around......... my bro. didn't believe me until i showed him the idle adj screw was still in my hand........ i know one carb. is different than 4, but i rebuilt the quad carb set up on my 78 goldwing.... kinda look like alot, but once you get into them, they are easy peasy......... one day when i'm really bored i'll take them to my buddys shop, and drill them, and use an easy out, and lots of patience, and if he has a tap, i'll retap the threads...... can't really do anymore damage if i don't get them out.

These are not hard to build. Just 4 of them and specific measurements on the floats. Other then that it's an easy job but takes time (which costs money).

Those are the "Top Fuel Carbs" from Cycle One Off. I have the same ones. But Tom's carbs come with intake manifolds. Not reuse the OEM ones. These carbs are gear driven so there's no need to sync and the stock throttle cables can be used.:clapping:

Attachments

• f Top Fuel  COO flat slides.jpg
    f Top Fuel COO flat slides.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 50
  • e vmax 2013-12-1 j.jpg
    e vmax 2013-12-1 j.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 49
They are awsome carbs i have them on my vmax the only thing is you have to roll into the throttle or it will fall on it s face.

They are awsome carbs i have them on my vmax the only thing is you have to roll into the throttle or it will fall on it s face.

True, I cracked the throttle coming out of McDonald's and almost put the bike down.:confused2:

i do all my own work...... nothing against morley or anything, but you never learn to do something if you never try...... i rebuilt the carb on my old 68 mopar, had it idling without the idle screw in it, lol...... you could count the fan blades as they went around......... my bro. didn't believe me until i showed him the idle adj screw was still in my hand........ i know one carb. is different than 4, but i rebuilt the quad carb set up on my 78 goldwing.... kinda look like alot, but once you get into them, they are easy peasy......... one day when i'm really bored i'll take them to my buddys shop, and drill them, and use an easy out, and lots of patience, and if he has a tap, i'll retap the threads...... can't really do anymore damage if i don't get them out.

What type of exhaust are you going to run with these carbs?

i like the look of the duel cans.... not a fan of the single can..... jmo....... i heard the 4 into 1 has more power, but i can't fathom how. seems like with 4 cyclinders going into one can would restrict it.

I think the reason why you make better power with a 4-1 is due to better exhaust scavenging.

I think the reason why you make better power with a 4-1 is due to better exhaust scavenging.

my mind set is still on car engines, lol...... bigger pipes and less restrictions means more power.... i have to keep reminding myself these engines work a little differently.

my mind set is still on car engines, lol...... bigger pipes and less restrictions means more power.... i have to keep reminding myself these engines work a little differently.

This is not entirely accurate. When you get large you lose torque and too large and you lose hp too. Plus, scavenging is also a 4-1 + a 4-1 (8-2) so you're scavenging the same number of cylinders with each header. The best headers are typically equal length as well.

Sean

This is not entirely accurate. When you get large you lose torque and too large and you lose hp too. Plus, scavenging is also a 4-1 + a 4-1 (8-2) so you're scavenging the same number of cylinders with each header. The best headers are typically equal length as well.

Sean

usually smaller pipe you gain torque, and lose top end, bigger pipe you lose torque, but gain top end..... and going too much either direction hurts.... there is a happy medium..... i see alot of 3" on muscle cars, and such, while these kiddie hondas have 2" maybe 2 1/2" lol...... not into rice burners. i know my 68 mopar ran great with true duel 3" pipes, wasn't too big, but it let her breath.

Sean

tough to get equal length on a bike though, with a v4 or a vtwin....... so must be why the 4 to 1 produces more power than the 4 to 2. as in long tube headers for cars and trucks, most long tube are equal length thus producing better power, and torque, when all 8 have the same flow rate, and back pressure.

Latest posts

Back