How much have you spent on your Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372714064.863877.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372714083.205533.jpg$500 for an 01 with 9980 miles on the clock. She was in sad shape but since 94, when I had my first running with a vmax and I was on my Kawasaki zephyr, I have always wanted one. So
01 dream bike $500
4 carb rebuild kits $110
Progressive front rebuild -1 inch $110
Progressive 440s from Sean $460
Supertrapp slipons $430
Other minor fixes $300

Total for my dream bike on the road and running strong $2000 before and after pics attached. I'm still spending, just ordered my muscle seat and planning on getting my swing arm next.

You're kiddin' right ?

Attachments

• DSC03141.jpg
    DSC03141.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Group 3   5-28-12 914.jpg
    Group 3 5-28-12 914.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 30
'99 max $5200
Total mods as accurate as I can remember are somewhere around $8000 now

Above is from 2008,

Since then a big motor, paint, body pieces, a little more bling, and a bunch if other crud. Probably another $13K since then.

In the high 20's now at least.

It might be worth $6000 on a REALLY good day......Assuming you could find someone that wanted it...

Which is why it will never be sold...

Not an investment vehicle that's for sure.

Way more then I expected !! I was fine with my stock 85' 2800.00 10,000 miles then I you tubed vmax and the mod monkey bit me square in the ass not as hard as others but still feeling it . I really don't want to add it up : )

Roughly $7500 that's including the purchase price of $3000 but its what I've always wanted, when I build the new engine it'll be somewhere around $13,000-$14,000 I bet.. Rusty is right, you'll never get your money back out of it by selling it but to me having exactly what I want is priceless...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Haha far from your first post on page 1 from 2008!!!

I could have sworn I was done :rofl_200: I should have known better.
I got the thing delivered in the middle of winter 2007, here is a before (9/08) and current.
Damn monkey.

xh42.jpg

I could have sworn I was done :rofl_200: I should have known better.
I got the thing delivered in the middle of winter 2007, here is a before (9/08) and current.
Damn monkey.

xh42.jpg

Cool rim.. hahaha but I've always wondered where did you get the airbox cover I think thats badass expecially with muscle kit installed! PS dam mokey but looks DAM cooler :)

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

5k for the bike
2k for the rims
2k for the usd
2k for the paint

thats the big stuff. I refuse to add up all the incidentals. Like turn signals and handle bars or windowed covers. Or controls. Or braided hoses etc.

Cool rim.. hahaha but I've always wondered where did you get the airbox cover I think thats badass expecially with muscle kit installed! PS dam mokey but looks DAM cooler :)

It is a good rim :biglaugh:
I got the louvered cover from Boxenstopp in Fla. Joe gave me the hook up on the scoops, tail, and faux tank.

How much have I spent? how long is a piece of string...
I bought Max in 2005 for €4000, I budget around €2000 a year for maintenance/mods/repairs - so, excluding serviceables, somewhere between €10g-€15g maybe ???

and that's not counting all the blood, sweat and beers!

My 98 came with a Kerker 4-1 and a Corbin seat. The only money I have spent on it is the $3500 it took to ride it home.

I don't keep track or I'd lose my marbles. And, next to a lot of the gems at Thunder, I haven't spent enough. I still need paint or wrap. I do keep her mechanically beautiful as much as possible.

I bought the bike last year in July it had some new parts all ready install, Kerker 4 into 1 drag bar, heads re-work ported polish flow tested, new motor bearing, gear cut. stage 7 jet kit, GSXR 750 front brakes. new head bearings, hot wire spark plug wiring, new clutch,

I install new back rest, stator, rectifier, all new wheel bearing, cams re-grinded, heads shave down pistons cut for valve clearance, Carbs rebuild-ed all new parts, new intake / manifold boots, new lights all the around, new foot pegs, bug screen, powder painted wheels side covers, new pro springs front forks and seals, swing arm bearing replace - I have 2 swing arms 1 with yamaha venture gearing install, new front master cylinders both, new tail light under back rest, a lot of screws replace, on and off head light switch mounted on the right lift of the bike, new mirrors I may have miss somethings total money put in to the bike $2345.00 - paid for the bike $3200.00 when I bought it - the bike needed nothing I just started replace stuff with new.

Things I'm looking at to buy soon, oil pressure gauge, new voltage / motor temp gauge, new tech mounted near the speedometer, new brake lines, New gas sending unit and level gauge. And a better seat this things hurts after 100 miles.

Too much for a non-runner, new carbs, new trans, grips, some rattle can paint, levers, two more gas tanks... I'm somewhere between $4-4.5k. I do know that everything that works is because I fixed it, though. That's kinda nice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

:bang head: Bought my 2012 April 23 2012, for 19980, plus $6000 in mods so far and have about $15000 more to go.
Chaindrive 300 singleside swingarm with custom cut front and rear rims. $12000
custom paint job done by Garwood Customs
$2000
Drop in cams and pistons by Sean Morley
$3500 hopefully
Rest of my parts chromed
$1500
The shear excitement of having the baddest bike on the Planet!!!!!

Priceless. :eusa_dance: I am by far not rich but if I live long enough this will be my Destiny

Latest posts

Back