How not to go over a speed bump

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well a stunter probably could have saved that!

See that when the bike's trailing mass gets above the vertical plane of the steering head, he allows the bike to 'knife' to the side. If he was able to hold it straight to keep it from doing that, he wouldn't have had the front wheel fold to one side. It would have been a 'reverse wheelie.'

But the telling part is that he probably didn't scoot his weight back and gas-it over the speed bump, to unload the front wheel, and to keep the rear-end from 'mule-kicking' his ass into the air. A combination of things: a 800-900 lb. bike, 55 rwhp, poor rider input approaching a sizeable bump, little effective rear jounce damping, all conspired to put him ass-over-elbows.

Don't suppose that pistol was much good after sliding across the street and whacking the curb....ey? :ummm:

Poor guy didn't stand a chance on that one! :blink000:

If that had been anyone else they would have been wrote a ticket.I hit a big ass turtle on the parkway,Gave me a hell of a case of the wiggles

So that's why it's a good idea to slow down..

It was just like a John Woo film.. That bird flying away in frame during the accident.. That's cinematic history right there.

That's called a stoopie :D
Clearly he was not aware nor ready to do this stunt.
Not having a proper seafty gear will also remaind him this for a long time.

I purposefully didn't refer to it as a "stoppie" because he didn't introduce the bike position by a forceful application of the front brake, raising the rear of the bike.

He had the rear wheel 'kick-up' because it was heavily-loaded. Eight or nine-hundred pounds of pig iron will do that to you when you run into a 'sleeping policeman,' with the result seen. I bet you a dollar he never rode a dirtbike in his life, because the best way to learn to street ride and to learn vehicle dynamics is to become proficient on a dirtbike.

I think I owe my ability to do long rolling burnouts to many years spent on a dirt bike as a kid , that and a loose screw!

i MY MOTHER ALWAYS SAID ; " IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY , DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL " ! ... SO I WONT ! ...... I'LL JUST MUTTER THIS UNDER MY BREATH ; .. " WHAT A DUMB FUCKING ASSHOLE !" ... " JERK-OFF " , ... " COCK-SUCKING SCUMBAG " ..... SEE , I THINK I SAID THAT NICELY ! :rofl_200: .. THE ONLY THING I WISH IS THAT HE WAS CHASING ME WHEN IT HAPPENED ! ..... MORE SHOCKING IS THAT THE REST WERE SMART ENOUGH TO SLOW THE FUCK DOWN AND NOT FOLLOW SUIT ! .. :biglaugh:

I purposefully didn't refer to it as a "stoppie" because he didn't introduce the bike position by a forceful application of the front brake, raising the rear of the bike.

He had the rear wheel 'kick-up' because it was heavily-loaded. Eight or nine-hundred pounds of pig iron will do that to you when you run into a 'sleeping policeman,' with the result seen. I bet you a dollar he never rode a dirt bike in his life, because the best way to learn to street ride and to learn vehicle dynamics is to become proficient on a dirt bike.
i PHILIP , YOUR STATEMENT ABOUT DIRT BIKE RIDING IS SO TRUE ! . :punk:

i I DO ACTUALLY FEEL BAD FOR THE GUY ! ... I NO HOW QUICK SHIT CAN HAPPEN AND I NO FROM EXPERIENCE THAT IT SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF HIM !

He had the rear wheel 'kick-up' because it was heavily-loaded. Eight or nine-hundred pounds of pig iron will do that to you when you run into a 'sleeping policeman,' with the result seen. I bet you a dollar he never rode a dirtbike in his life, because the best way to learn to street ride and to learn vehicle dynamics is to become proficient on a dirtbike.

No way...you did not...i cant bealive this...its just not possible...

That guy could have been killed when the bike came-down on him. He's lucky in that!

Funniest accident w/a mcy I ever saw on fire-rescue was a local eccentric who always fastened Japanese plastic & rubber monster models to his ride. You know, Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, Mechanical Robot Godzilla, Ghidra, etc... . He was sideswiped on US-1 in the eastern Ft.Lauderdale metro area, the engine co got there & radioed back, "better bring a 'clean-up crew,'" which usually means a bad accident, fatalities, body parts, etc. Well there were body parts-parts of Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, Robot Godzilla, Ghidra, all smashed to sh_t & strewn-across the road, and the bike's rider, who I called "Dragon Bob," lying in the road w/a fractured leg and a concussion. Quite a sight, and hard not to laugh, if you knew his ride and what it looked-like 'before.'

"Better send the clean-up crew," indeed!:rofl_200::rofl_200::biglaugh::clapping:

Back