How often do you wash??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalbo

Reaction score
No, I'm not inquiring into your personal hygiene !! I'm interested in how often you wash and/or wax your Vmax. I have to admit that I am a little OCD when it comes to keeping my bike clean. I usually wash and wax mine twice week. I just can't bare to see her dusty or dirty. My wife refers to my Vmax as my ''girlfriend''. I am fortunate that where I live there are many 'wash shops' (almost one on every street) They wash with a hose pipe (not pressure washer) they wash by hand with a sponge , rinse and dry off with an 'air line', then finish with a chamois leather. then wax, polish and detail. I can have her washed, waxed and detailed for 100 pesos ($2 U.S.) and enjoy a free coffee whilst they do it. Just one of the perks of living in the Philippines. Anybody do it more than 2x a week?

No, I'm not inquiring into your personal hygiene !! I'm interested in how often you wash and/or wax your Vmax. I have to admit that I am a little OCD when it comes to keeping my bike clean. I usually wash and wax mine twice week. I just can't bare to see her dusty or dirty. My wife refers to my Vmax as my ''girlfriend''. I am fortunate that where I live there are many 'wash shops' (almost one on every street) They wash with a hose pipe (not pressure washer) they wash by hand with a sponge , rinse and dry off with an 'air line', then finish with a chamois leather. then wax, polish and detail. I can have her washed, waxed and detailed for 100 pesos ($2 U.S.) and enjoy a free coffee whilst they do it. Just one of the perks of living in the Philippines. Anybody do it more than 2x a week?

Just wondering are they wearing bikini's when washing your bike ? :rofl_200:

Cleaning with a sponge may be hard on the paint as it might catch some dirt and drag it causing marks on the paint.but for 2 dollars... I wash mine when shes dirty,dont have a time schedule for that.and yes,make that wash on the station where bikinis are mandatory ! L
ol

Once or twice a year also. I do wipe it down after each ride with a micro fiber cloth.

I "wash" my bike very seldom, but I do wipe it down with a quick wax a couple times a month. I have black wheels which get dingy looking easily, a quick wipe down from a quick wax and microfiber cloth makes them look great, this happens way more than the rest of the bike.

Same here.

I should add that I use S100 on it, rinse it well and use a leaf blower to dry it. The point is not to waste time dinking with it. My basic philosophy is, if it's nice enough to wash it, it's nice enough to ride it, so it has to be pretty dirty before I will waste riding time washing it.

My neighbor calls my bike the "hillbilly" Vmax because it gets a bath twice a year whether it wants it or not. LOL

2 or 3 times a year. I don't obsess over having a spotless bike, and I kinda like the "patina" the bike has now. I don't want to wash it off.. I see these guys spend hours cleaning every nook and cranny on their bikes only to get stuck in the rain. Of course some guys make a hobby of polishing their bikes, that's cool. I like to think I own the bike, it doesn't own me. ( then the monkey shows up and proves me wrong... )

I don't obsess over having a spotless bike either. I am more obsessed with riding it. I do wash them but no set schedule . I clean the wing more than the Max but the Wing also gets ridden a whole lot more.

Back