How to remove emblem on side cover.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saml01

Reaction score
How do I remove the Vmax emblem on the side covers?

Mine are really scratched up so I want to polish them.

If it ones put on with double sided tape, you can use fishing line to get them off.

Take two short dowels, and about 18" of thin nylon fishing line. Wrap the line around each dowel or tie it off to dowels, so there is about 12 - 16" between dowels.

With one dowel in each hand slip line between emblems and body part. Start a sawing action with two dowels while putting pressure on line towards uncut tape.

This is not fast, but it will remove emblems with no damage to either part.

Gary

Gary, that's a really great idea.

Saml01: I believe they are all plastic VMax Badges. I may be wrong though...
You may have to replace them, rather than polish...:confused2:

They are chromed plastic. The side covers are stamped aluminum. We take them off with fishing line but the dental floss will work just as good. They are also hard to reuse but can be done with some custom cutting of some 3m body molding tape.

Sean

also putting them back on, some black rtv adhesive works well!

You guys read my mind , that was my project for today , before I drop the side covers off at the painters...Thanks...:worthy:

You guys read my mind , that was my project for today , before I drop the side covers off at the painters...Thanks...:worthy:

Why not powdercoat?

I dont really care to save the emblem, I was more concerned with damaging the cover.

I figured double stick tape but you never know, I have seen some creative shit before.

Thanks guys.

Hairdryer helps to loosen the glue as well,makes it a bit easier.

Latest posts

Back