How to worry a modified Max owner.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
I took my Max out to my favorite bike night early this week. I pulled in with a few other bikes and parked in my usual spot...the smell of melting plastic in the air around our bikes.I sniffed each bike like a blood hound and was surprised that the smell SEEMED to be coming off my bike but I could not see anything melting.(having just had Dave help me install a new regulator I paniced that maybe somthing crossed or rubbed and was melting my bike)So I decide to ride it home and see if I smelled it again.Got home and I can smell burnt plastic really strong.I start looking to see if there was a trash bag stuck to my headers or anything...NOPE...So I look deep and sniff hard...I found it! It turns out a small leaf from my yard fell between my header and my block.EVIDENTLY when you burn one of these leaves without fire(like exhaust heat) they smell exactly like melting plastic! I was so happy to find out I didnt fry anything!Odd tree though.:biglaugh:

Lol,its ok to this day I will argue that the first burn off on headers wrap smells like burning buttermilk biscuits...now thats a fun toxic smell!Crayons huh?...

Sounds like you have been "smelling" other types of leaves as well. :punk:

Glad to hear nothing worse happened to your bike!

oh man, that woulda drove me nuts. glad it was a leaf

Latest posts

Back