I am Looking for a nice V-MAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 85 had UFO on it when I got it, it is loud, it does sound like a small block V-8 & does NOT sound metallicaly. I love it. I've heard kerker and at idle very unimpressive, rev it up a bit and it sounds very aggressive. just my 2 cents thats all.

Which system? Everyone 4-1 UFO I've heard including the one posted above sounds like a can of nuts is rattling around in it. The UFO system would never fly in my town either. Entirely too loud.

Cool thanks. I am sure I will like the bike I just want to make sure before I even bother getting a loan and driving to pick on up... there is one now on ebay that is $3950 buy it now... it is a 99 with 24k miles not sure if it is a good deal or not though. it is in Louisiana so it would be a long drive to find out i didn't want it :(

Last edited:
I say keep looking - I just bought a 2000 at a Battley Harley/Yamaha in Maryland for $4,000, only 11K miles and great condition. There's a REAL nice 2004 for a little over $5K in central Michigan right now. You can find it on cycle trader. I think it's an 04 anyway.

I think Chicago or Houston. Check out Pittsburgh though, I saw a couple of nice ones...

Wish you were closer as Mine is going up for sale as I purchased another bike for my wife and I to tour on ( Honda Valkyrie).
Lew

Its hard to tell unless you know someone who knows the owner. My experiance with CL is that people will say anything to sell. And when you show up the truth usually is learned after more asking and looking. I was lucky it was local. Long distance would suck.

BTW.. What search engine do you use with CL? Im looking for a custom max.

Its hard to tell unless you know someone who knows the owner. My experiance with CL is that people will say anything to sell. And when you show up the truth usually is learned after more asking and looking. I was lucky it was local. Long distance would suck.

BTW.. What search engine do you use with CL? Im looking for a custom max.

I bought my 3 vmax's off craigslist. You just have to buy them in person since they can hide issues. Usually they have carb issues or oxidation. I have experienced both on my purchases, but they are easy to fix. Usually a shotgun will fix the carbs and chroming for the oxidation.

Just my 2 cents.

I bought my 3 vmax's off craigslist. You just have to buy them in person since they can hide issues. Usually they have carb issues or oxidation. I have experienced both on my purchases, but they are easy to fix. Usually a shotgun will fix the carbs and chroming for the oxidation.

Just my 2 cents.
:confused2::confused2:
shotgun??

and I got mine off CL. first thing the guy said to me when I called him was "look, it's a 25 y/o bike, the pictures really make it look better than what it does in person, but it's a good bike"
they did
it is
went from $3400 to $2250
I bought it:clapping:
he cried!:sad2:
kerker 4-2-1 exhaust
carbs running rich, so curious as to shotgun

I used craigspal to search all of craigslist. thanks for the tips. I know you have to be careful buying online... I was hoping that some of these bikes might be local for some members here and they would maybe have time to check out the bike and give me some feedback before I drove 800 miles to look at one :)

Well I just found out today that I can only get a loan for a 2003 or newer.. so I guess my price range will probably have to go up a little. I have found a few newer ones that seem to be a good price maybe a little to good what should I be looking to pay for a 03-07 in decent shape?

thanks

thx I will check out the 2006 the others I can not get since I have to get a 2003 or newer to get a loan.

the 2006 looks nice but I think it is a little out of my price range... I am setting the cap at 6k I hope to pay a lot less though... surely I can find a good deal on one...

Last edited:
the 06 is at a used bike shop. I think they are pretty reputable. I know the bike looked completely stock with no dings anywhere

Latest posts

Back