Identifying steering wobble

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shape of the swing arm requires 2 u joints. Here is a picture from an earlier thread I posted.

Seems like it might be possible to mod the gen 1 to this set-up.
It would be a massive undertaking but someone with real talent, not me that's for sure, might be able to pull it off.

Would it make any difference, THAT'S the question. :ummm:

If that setup can handle the power then it's something I need to get my hands on. I agree it might be able to be utilized in a custom arm on the gen 1 bike.

Sean

If that setup can handle the power then it's something I need to get my hands on. I agree it might be able to be utilized in a custom arm on the gen 1 bike.

Sean

Well, you're the guy with the talent that I was thinking of Sean! :clapping:

If you decide on it, good luck and please keep us posted.

I made a wider swingarm for an XV project and made a driveshaft run 2 x u/j's similar in many ways to the Max with a Suzuki wheel.
As per the pictures.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f202/Jedi-NZ/Yamaha XV750/DSCF0015Small.jpg?t=1225391924http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f202/Jedi-NZ/Yamaha XV750/PIC00263Medium.jpg?t=1225392282
DSCF0007Small.jpg

DSCF0015Small.jpg

PIC00263Medium.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed today I let go of the bars to button my shirt up,(at about 45) and instantly the little wobble started and went way bad in about 3 seconds. So i did it several times with the same result. I have had head shake at high speeds, and while at wot, but this was a different deal. The previous owner gave me the washer fix and directions, but haven't done it yet. Plus the triple clamps have been slid allready, but it likes to wobble'

Mine has this exact problem as well. No wobble at 50, no wobble at 40, but at 45 it gets bad fast. Easiest fix?

Mine has this exact problem as well. No wobble at 50, no wobble at 40, but at 45 it gets bad fast. Easiest fix?

A minor steering head bearing adjust took care of this low speed de-cel wobble on my bike. It had 11,600 mi. on the clock at the time.

I've put on about 1500 since with no sign of a wobble.

AT 130 MPH'S , I , NOT THE BIKE , STARTED GETTING A WOBBLE , BUT IT WAS JUST THE WIND ! " LOL ":punk: NO BIKE WOBBLE YET !

I did like the XS bikes. Never once let me down. Built like a tank. And quite powerful when tuned right:
IMG_2464.jpg

Mine never seemed to run to their full potential....

Dude, love the helmet!

Back