If you were going to buy another bike....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love too many bikes to know what to do!
To be a bit different, I'd be interested in a RD400 cafe racer, a Bimota YB11, a '79 900SS or a Paul Smart 1000, an Aprilia 250RS, an unrestored WLA, and a Benelli Velvet that I can leave parked anywhere, any time.
And a Y2K.
And an early Buell.
And an Ariel Square Four.
And an RGV500.
And a RC30.
And a Rocket III.
Busa
Gen II

A nice looking '96 Duck 900SS - CR on Atlanta Craigs List with 26.7 K miles for $ 3,500

Attachments

• Ducati 900SS -'96.jpg
    Ducati 900SS -'96.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Ducati 900SS - '96 -2.jpg
    Ducati 900SS - '96 -2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 8
In order,

Ducatic Hypermotard 1100
Husqvarna SM 610 (don't know if it's still made)
FJR 1300
Aprilia Dorsuduro 750

I think I'll just keep riding my Max until I can no longer get it off the stand, then I'll trike it and keep on riding it. :punk:

Ducati streetfighter, CB1000RR, z1000, MV Agusta brutale, KTM super duke...

I just like roadsters :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

One of each!!

lol, seriously though, I would love:

- Ducati MultiStrada (yes the new one)
- Moto Guzzi Stelvio
- Triumph Tiger 1200
- BMW 1200GS
- Benelli Tre-K Amazonas
- Yamaha Super T?n?r? 1200
- Triumph Rocket III
- Vmax genII

I do like my trail bikes, on the road I'd only ever want a Vmax or a Rocket III..

I love my Gen1, it's everything I ever wanted in a bike. Espessialy since upgrading wheels, brakes,ignition and suspention ect.. Carb tweeking time was well worth it too. All money that I won't recover and don't care. A blast on my Max is a mood changing miracle.
I wouldn't mind a late model Bandit for a second bike. They look like a pisser to ride. I can't wait to demo one. Lots of interesting stuff both new and old.

i always said a z1k or a s3. but i got its predecessor. not as fun maybe but lighter and cheaper. '89 honda hawk GT.

Suzuki SV650...Had one and loved that little huligan...for some reason it just attracted bad automobile drivers to it...had to set it free (tears welling up...)

APRILIA DORSODURO 1200

KTM SUPERDUKE 990

These motards are SO much to RIDE the crap out of.
Anything goes. Ive got a Husky 610 Supermoto, its really fun, BUT, I need more power.

APRILIA DORSODURO 1200

KTM SUPERDUKE 990

These motards are SO much to RIDE the crap out of.
Anything goes. Ive got a Husky 610 Supermoto, its really fun, BUT, I need more power.

You have the SM610?
I'm stupidly jealous! I drooled over one of those for a year but instead bought an XR650L and motarded it.

Looks like we have a good sprinkling of motard style bike lovers. And you're right, they are crazy fun to ride. I think I went everywhere on one wheel on the XR, 50 is too old to ride like that but dammit I couldn't help it.

I'd want a Gen II or a Ducati Diavel or even just as bad a nice Custom Chopper with a bad ass motor and there are some really bad ass high horsepower choppers that would shock most people that havent rode one. But I think I'll keep my current bike forever anyway. Then if I had a lot of money I'd buy a nice street glide too. Might as well get a ZX14 too but sportbikes are last on my list. I really want another V65 Magna. I loved that bike too. That was my first brand new bike right after I saw the commercial of PeeWee backing it out of the trailer then doing the quarter mile. I was on my way moving to LA and stopped for a few days at my Aunts in Tulsa and my cousins buddy pulled in on one so I took it for a ride and holy shit the rest is history.. The beginning of my biggest addiction yet. High Speed

Just picked up a Blackbird. STRONG up top, great for LONG rides with its long legs and the cost of ownership is low....
Keeping the FZR for harder edge corner carving, the 85 for a muscle bike, the KX500 for off road launch time, and SKY SHOT for record air time. Bikes are cool.....
If I was to add a new ZX 14, 2008+ Busa, or a 2005 FZ1 would get the nod...
But what i have is about perfect. Had the Bird out a week ago with Rockatansky, 100-155 for 1 1/2 hours. The longest top end running I have done and it was great. That was after two days of corner carving. I LOVE the max, but wrong trip for the 85 ,,,,,,,,,

my bike has more than ample power, I don't miss my chopper, funnybike or pro-mod bike. The only regret I have is selling my Goldwing. I would love to have it back or buy another.

goldwingz.jpg

Just picked up a Blackbird. STRONG up top, great for LONG rides with its long legs and the cost of ownership is low....
Keeping the FZR for harder edge corner carving, the 85 for a muscle bike, the KX500 for off road launch time, and SKY SHOT for record air time. Bikes are cool.....
If I was to add a new ZX 14, 2008+ Busa, or a 2005 FZ1 would get the nod...
But what i have is about perfect. Had the Bird out a week ago with Rockatansky, 100-155 for 1 1/2 hours. The longest top end running I have done and it was great. That was after two days of corner carving. I LOVE the max, but wrong trip for the 85 ,,,,,,,,,

Congratulations and good choice. It was always on my bucket list of bikes I wanted to ride / own . The price was right and I jumped on a '99 with 11 k miles and no issues. Smoothest bike of size I have ever ridden and will take you across town as fast as I ever need to go. Check out a good forum : cbrxx.com

For cruiser a Gen 2.....sportbike a new busa.....classic besides my max a cbx 1000 straight 6......The max is still my favorite and always will be

I love both my bikes. If money was not an issue I would own the same only brand new which is a 1999 Goldwing and 1993 VMax . I have the best of both worlds.

Back