It's all your fricken' fault!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Holland NY (40 miles from Buffalo) the whole trips gonna be 1000 miles - with the additional riding around we'll do after we get to destinations..

Took a look at the Burgman - I gotta get a rear tire for it, too!

From Holland NY (40 miles from Buffalo) the whole trips gonna be 1000 miles - with the additional riding around we'll do after we get to destinations..

Took a look at the Burgman - I gotta get a rear tire for it, too!
..sounds like a great ride...seems like the max is ready and willing..cant wait to to here about the details

Well, we could all meet in Gettysburg to give me my High Mileage of the Universe award!:rofl_200:

Well, we could all meet in Gettysburg to give me my High Mileage of the Universe award!:rofl_200:

drop off that award at the lounge Bill it will be hung for all to see and talk about...check with red first...has to make sure there no hidden camera in the frame ...free coffee also

Wheels and fork tubes are in the shop now. The way the deal worked out is that I gave him a 4X8 Harbor Freight trailer, and he supplies Genuine Yamaha fork seals, outer dust seals, fork oil, and 3 pairs of EBC "HH" brake pads. He also does all labor on tire mounting, and rebuilding fork tubes. He's also gonna replace the front wheel bearings with the ones I got from Yamaha. No cash out of my pocket.

Sound like I did OK? I'll never use the trailer - sold the ATV's and won't buy another snowmobile EVER again!

How many guys here run the 170 Shinko tour tire on the back without moving the washer? It looks like a tight fit! (I'm a bit nervous here........)

Wheels and fork tubes are in the shop now. The way the deal worked out is that I gave him a 4X8 Harbor Freight trailer, and he supplies Genuine Yamaha fork seals, outer dust seals, fork oil, and 3 pairs of EBC "HH" brake pads. He also does all labor on tire mounting, and rebuilding fork tubes. He's also gonna replace the front wheel bearings with the ones I got from Yamaha. No cash out of my pocket.

Sound like I did OK? I'll never use the trailer - sold the ATV's and won't buy another snowmobile EVER again!

How many guys here run the 170 Shinko tour tire on the back without moving the washer? It looks like a tight fit! (I'm a bit nervous here........)

bill.. i think we all do. has plenty of clearance without the washer move...

Lots of clearance Bill. Some say the ME 170 required a washer swap but don't remember anyone having to do it with a Shinko.

The trailer for parts & labor swap sounds like a good deal to me. An unused trailer is like having an anchor on your property, you're always moving it around cause it's in the way!

Thanks guys.. That will let me sleep a bit better tonight.

Here's a pic, because I know NONE of you has ever seen a VMax in a state of disassembly!:rofl_200:

Attachments

• wheeless.jpg
    wheeless.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 24

I run the shinko 170 Bill and no fitment problems here. I had it off today adding a new rotor, slipped on /off no problem and the washer is in factory stock location.
Sounds like a good deal, I'm in the process of fixing my quad so I can sell it and have a trailer (barely used from Tractor Supply) that I will sell too.
More mod money! :punk: MUST MOD SOMETHING! :biglaugh:

Thanks guys.. That will let me sleep a bit better tonight.

Here's a pic, because I know NONE of you has ever seen a VMax in a state of disassembly!:rofl_200:

You mean like this ???

Attachments

• 2008-04 Side View - Right - R.jpg
    2008-04 Side View - Right - R.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 26
No, not THAT far apart! I'd be wondering where to put all the "extra" parts after I got that back together!:bang head:. I am gonna have a look at the steering head bearings before reassembly, rather than take the whole front end off again. Did it at about 50K - likely gonna need new bearings - now's the time.

Got the parts back today after work. He did a grreat job on everything and gave me "HH" pads. I got the rear wheel back on, along with the back brake pads. That 170 Shinko is WIDE! However, as everyone has advised me - it fit perfectly. Gotta get some Brakekleen for the front rotors and calipers, and get it done tomorrow. weather looks good - off for a ride by this time tomorrow evening!

A big thank you to the members of this forum, for turning me onto Shinko tires, and the deal at MCSuperstore, and for easing my concerns that the damn tire was gonna fit!

:punk:

Steering bearings seem OK - I'll get one more tire out of them.
(just in case anyone was interested)

Bike's done - no more leaking, and it has the possibility of actually being able to stop now, without the oil-soaked brake pads! Those Shinko tires are gonna be great. It's a nice feeling to actually have a profile on the rear tire now!

Latest posts

Back