I've Been MIA... Warning, Long Story..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
Over the past few months, I've had so many physical ailments it's not funny. It all started when we went on vacation to Louisville and the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot.

I picked up Pneumonia and a couple other things while there. I had several Anxiety / Panic Attacks, feeling closed in at the hotel. Felt that I wasn't able to get enough Air and had to be outside. Mary went for several walks with me in the middle of the night while we were in Ky.

When we got home, I began a new Blood Sugar Medication (New to Me) Actos. More BS physical ailments. Nothing we could nail down. More Anxiety / Panic Attacks. About 30 between mid October and now. Always seemed to happen when my Dr was off between Thursday and Monday. Just coincidence I believe....

Those attacks changed from lasting an hour or so to many hours and since last weekend, to lasting day and night. I went to the ER last Friday Night because my BP had been all over, all day long and into the night. Our insurance company nurse told me that if it got worse than 160 and over 100 to go to the hospital. The top number went up as high as 197 but the bottom number stayed under 100. Finally, it measured 160 over 108. We left for the ER then... When we arrived my BP was pretty bad. They ran every test known to man and found nothing wrong. I do have Gall Stones which is normal for 75% of the people in the world... They normally don't require treatment.

By 3 AM on Saturday, my BP was down to 120 over 80 or less and I was sent home feeling fine, absolutely perfect and reassured by all the test results.

Next day, back to the SSDD.

Yesterday, just by chance I held off taking the Actos until I'd had Coffee, Cigarettes, all my other pills and breakfast. Everything was settled down and I felt good. Shortly after I did take the Actos, Wham. BP up to 158 over 95... I called the Dr and was told to take a high dosage of Xanax until my appointment today. That took the edge off the pills effects for the rest of the day and night. Made me a total Zombie though....

Today, I didn't take the Actos and the Dr changed my Med's.. I've felt good for the first time in several months for more than a few hours at a time.. My BP is back to 120's over high 60's and my heart rate is down to 60's to 70 from nearly 100. Thanx to those of you that I slipped and told about my trouble for caring what happened to me... Seems I'll survive..

Point To This Story: If you don't feel like you think you should, look at when it started and what changed about that same time.. Luckily, I didn't continue any longer. This was way too long to be feeling bad because of taking one stupid pill a day... It might have killed me if my heart and lungs weren't so good even after I've been smoking for 40 or so years.

Everyone, Please Take Care of Yourselves better than I have for the past several months...:bang head:

Dave

Glad you are feeling better mate. Thanks for the friendly reminder too.

Diabetes has all sorts of crazy effects, and any change like that can cause anxiety, depression, stress and all sorts of stupid "unrelated" changes. I think you are on the right track with your logic there!
I really feel for you, with that length of time feeling off.

I'm into my second day of crapness because I foolishly left my insulin in the car in the middle of the day for an hour or 2. I think it went off, and changed it for some new stuff yesterday, but my body isn't quite back on track yet. Today I'm jaw clenching, headaches and restless combined with tired. Stuipid f*ing diabetes. :bang head:

Glad you are feeling better and have a good grip on things. Meds can be a mismatched group of people. Sometimes they play well with one another and sometimes they just cant get along.

Damn Dave I am sorry to hear about this!!! Prescription side effects can really mess a person up and if they don't pay attention cause more problems than they can imagine. Know I had side effects from Crestor that actually caused my back injury. Weakened the muscles in my back which then allowed things to shift around and viola back pain. Great advice to pay attention and if something doesn't feel right report it to your Dr. immediately!!! Glad to hear you are on the mend brother!!!

Glad to here your feeling better. Most doctors are just "practicing" medicine. My father died at the Stanford sleep clinic under a doctors care?????????
Lew

man, so happy to hear of your recovery. throw them actos in duggery and strafer and get their hearts racing instead. woooooo!!!!!

Thank You All. While we were at it, we confirmed that I have a moderate reaction to Xopenex. One of the breathing meds that I stopped while trying to figure the Actos thing out. Had an epidode last night over trying that Shit again. Doing better today but still not completely on the rails yet. I have a very good Dr.. He's a retired Air Force O-6. He just doesn't work often.... Lucky Him... Seems I have a lot of company in all of you having bad experiences with Med's and or Doctors...

Mary offered to clean all the bikes today while I do body work on our Ford Explorer... So I'm smiling..

Glad you're back on track. I hope they can get the meds all straightened out.

I'm still doing great, it's totally amazing. I haven't felt good for this long ( All Day and night ) in months.
Thanx again for the positive thoughts. Sorry to hear so many have had similar difficulties. Life should get
easier with age...:confused2:

I should have gone to the Drag Races with Kyle and the Gen II Boys....:bang head:

Dave, Glad your on track,Wish it was the same one Kyle and the Gen II boys are at:rofl_200:next time:biglaugh:.

You said the wife offerd to clean the bikes.............did you let her:confused2: , just wondering.

Mary did the FZ8 then had to take care of her chores. She said she'd do another bike Saturday. I think it was a little
bigger job than she imagined. She hasn't done the bikes in years. Last time she and our son cleaned my XJ-1100,
maybe 20 years ago. They worked so hard, they took the paint off the wheels... :confused2::ummm::rofl_200:

i GLAD YOUR DOING BETTER ! .. I'M HOPING TO ME YOU AND SOME OF THE OTHERS OUT THAT WAY THIS SUMMER ! . :punk:

Back