John Cornell's Bad, Fast Max!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt you knocked off those #'s, just can't verify your wheelbase or your specs. You running an arm or bolt-on's? Being a little guy sure does'nt hurt your 60's, does it! Launch in the video looks very good. W/O the small bog it would have been awesome! Your definetly getting it done, thats for sure!

I don't doubt you knocked off those #'s, just can't verify your wheelbase or your specs. You running an arm or bolt-on's? Being a little guy sure does'nt hurt your 60's, does it! Launch in the video looks very good. W/O the small bog it would have been awesome! Your definetly getting it done, thats for sure!
I don't have an arm , just Spencer Cycles bolt ons ..I have them set just a bit over 62 inches right now ..I have had to close to 64 inches in the pass but didn't 60 foot any better so know i just keep it under 63 .. Depending on the day i weigh anywhere from 140 to 150 with gear ...Yup being light helps big time ..
Both my zx14 have never had the valve covers off ..I did in the passed run MR9 and the old U4 but the cost was just to high so i'm back to good old 87 pump.. I do have a dyno , so that helps with tunning .. We have a few zx14 with stock motors that run my numbers down here in FL .. In fact a friend of mine that weighs very close to me just went 8.64 @ 158 using MR9 at 66 inches the same day i went 8.76 on mine ..I'm real happy with the zx14s , i just sold my 06 and got a brand new 09 zx14 .. The 06 had close to 2000 runs on it and still running great numbers but i felt it was time for an upgrade ...:biglaugh:

I think Jon's secret is Tim (the VMax Guru). I've only talked to Tim a few times over the phone, but what a great guy, and has the smarts, tools, and ambition to tear into the electronics and figure out these new bikes. I'd be willing to bet, that bike has new mapping, the fly-by-wire throttle has probably been tweaked (or removed) so they aren't having the problems others have been having when launching. I really hope there isn't a "sneaky pete" system on there, and I'm sure Tim wouldn't allow it, he seems like a very stand up guy! It will be interesting to see what this motor will be able to handle with turbos, nitrous, superchargers, etc. Throw this motor in a good drag chassis (with a chain drive) and let's see what happens.

Keep up the good work gents!

KJ-Just out of curiousity, is there more than one 'Alaskan Assassin'? :ummm:

There are a few. MMA fighter, Sam Hoger and NBA/MLB player Trajan Langdon, not to mention about 1/3 of the rugby/racing/wrestling/fighting/football.... players use the name.

Trajan deserves it. He's the first Alaskan to go to the NBA.

i'm not saying that i don't trust a damn thing that jon cornell says... but i don't trust a damn thing that he says and wouldn't put it past him to put a small shot of nitrous on his bike to get that magic worlds fastest number.

i'm not saying that i don't trust a damn thing that jon cornell says... but i don't trust a damn thing that he says and wouldn't put it past him to put a small shot of nitrous on his bike to get that magic worlds fastest number.

Bawls,

I have to agree with you 100%. Look at the timing of his run, after Jay Gleason sets down some great #'s then the guys out west lay down some good #'s here comes our hero Cornellie. Magic he beats everyone's time by a few 10ths, "O" then has time to make his BS movie about himself.

Cornell thinks the entire V-Max community is a bunch of morns that he take advantage of anytime he wants.

Cornell has the"I am the smartest one in the room" syndrome.

Please if anyone believes that Cornell isn't "cheating" I have some swamp land in NJ for sale cheap, come and get it.

Well, to knock down 153mph on a 750lb(bike and rider) bike, it takes 210 RWHP. That Gen II looks to have stk wheels so i doubt it weighs even close to 750 w/ a 150lb rider. Thats ALOT more than exhaust and tuning...

I just brougt out the trusty ol' HP11C (and when I say ol' I mean I picked this thing up when I started engineering and advanced drafting classes at UAF in '86... Hmmm, truck, Max, calculator, guitars I really need to get out of the 80's, thank god I don't wear the hear anymore)

After plugging in the numbers I came up with these numbers assuming the following:

Weight including rider = 900
Elapsed Time = 9.22
MPH 1/4 mile = 153

Horsepower using ET method = 227
Horsepower using Speed Method = 251.6

here are the formulas;

HP = Weight / (ET/5.825) to the 3rd (can't get that little 3rd power font happening)
HP = Weight x (Velocity/234) to the 3rd

But using one of the estimation calculators found in this thread. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=3297&highlight=calculators

It shows:
Your HP computed from your vehicle ET is 204.26 rear wheel HP and 226.95 flywheel HP.
Your HP computed from your vehicle MPH is 212.91 rear wheel HP and 236.57 flywheel HP.

I am not sure on this but a friend of mine, big drag racer, that has since passed away mentioned a guy that was caught cheating with hidden nitros in a pro stock class. It may have been in PROSTAR. But I thought that it was this Jon guy. I must again say I am not 100% on this at all. Does anyone know about this? It would have been 15 -20 years back.
Jim

I am not sure on this but a friend of mine, big drag racer, that has since passed away mentioned a guy that was caught cheating with hidden nitros in a pro stock class. It may have been in PROSTAR. But I thought that it was this Jon guy. I must again say I am not 100% on this at all. Does anyone know about this? It would have been 15 -20 years back.
Jim

I dunno about the motorcycle class, but back in 1998 Pro Stock Car driver Jerry Eckman and the car's owner was suspended for a year, fined and stripped of the points after thier cheater system was discovered. Theat little discovery pretty much ended that team.

It was also rumored that Glidden's son and the Dodge Boys were among the others running the squeeze but didn't get caught.

The Legend Bob Glidden

In the '90s Bobs sons Billy and Rusty told thier Dad that they knew of some Pro Stock racers who were running Nitrous Oxide and that was the reason they were getting outrun. Bob didn't believe them so they built a second car to prove that it could be done without being detected. .From the Feb 1996 issue of Super Stock & Drag Illustrated. Page 24

"They will tell you it's totally impossible to run nitrous & not get caught'' Glidden said " but thats wrong,Thats flat wrong. A Ford with nitrous bumped me outta the field at Topeka last year. A Ford out of my own trailer. So nobody can tell me it can't be done. I know it can be done."
The the father told a incredible story of how his kids had bugged him for 18 months , convinced that some Pro cars were running nitrous & that he was missing the boat by not running it too. "I told them if i had to cheat to race i'd quit" he said "My kids know that: " if you think other people are doing it then go ahead, prove to me you can do it.But keep in mind that if you get caught you're going have to deal with the consequences; So they did & never got caught"
Later in the story
Then came the bombshell--- an admission at Indy by a Pro Stock racer with firsthand knowledge of nitrous oxide use : Rusty Glidden. With his confession came a detailed description of how the nitrous system was secreted in his car. "The holding tank was the big weight bar in the back. The nitrous line started there,went over the axle housing right up to the front of the car & stopped at the motor plate, which was rifle-drilled. One of the supports holding the hood scoop on was rifle-drilled & went up thru the top of the hood scoop to a small stainless steel line that had 2 jets centered over the carbs. With .029 jets we made 120 ftlbs more torque at 7000 rpm & averaged 90 more horsepower. According to Bob Glidden , the nitrous system was detection proof. "you had to have a combination of things to activate it so a tech guy couldn't walk up , turn on the ignition & open the throttle. The shock switch had to be on, the computer switch on, the engine running & the throttle wide open. Trust me" Glidden concluded " Thats not fiction"

http://www.youtube.com/user/wright001#p/a/f/1/p3xlqQmXRPs

You would think it'd be slightly harder to conceal such a system on bike though?

If the bike dosn't have to pass a tech, it wouldn't be any problem.

Here is a pic of my old XS11. its an example of a top fed, hidden bottle dual stage setup.

Unless you were right up on it, you couldn't see the fogger nozzles or the black lines running from the manifolds up to the tank then under the seat where the solenoids and the 2lb tank is sitting.

The raised portion of the seat was hollowed out, and thats where the tank and solonoids sat.

sorry for not better pics, these were scanned polaroids from the early 90's and god knows where my photo albums are. :bang head:

Attachments

• XS_1.jpg
    XS_1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 24
  • XS_2.jpg
    XS_2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back