John Cornell's Bad, Fast Max!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a nearly concealed nitrous system that fits almost entirely in the factory airbox.

Sean

I'm amazed.....

Considering Jon probably has more passes in the last 5 years than Gleason in the last 15, and is a light weight guy himself, and didn't exactly beat Gleasons time by leaps and bounds, and is doing it on a heavily modded Max versus Gleason on a stock one, why is it so hard to believe it's all motor? I don't get it.....

I know there is pretty much one guy out there that has taken ONE issue and made it his lifes goal to have the whole world hear it about what a sorry son of a bitch Jon is, but I have had multiple transactions with the guy without having a single issue with anything he's ever done.

What's the "big lie" Jon has perpetrated on the world?

Think about it guys, except for PCW he's one of the few guys with a viable business selling PERFORMANCE mods instead of bling, exhaust systems, air filters and somebody elses carb kit..not just importing stuff from Europe...and working full time to bring this new bike up to par....Flame me if you want but we need MORE vendors that are willing to do this, not bad mouth the few we have servicing the Vmax out of business..........

We need to preserve this thread so we can all eat crow when it's shown that through perhaps manipulating the electronics and throttle on this bike he really pulled it off and there was no nitrous involved...I've ridden the new bike WOT through 15-20 mph through a 1-2 and 2-3 shift and the fly-by-wire, or maybe some sort of timing retard is very noticeable when NOT giving full throttle when asked for, for one it won't hardly let you make a violent shift into 2nd gear and noticebaly softens the blow even to my un-educated skills.
I have no problem in believing that defeating that "hold-back" would significantly improve 1/4 mile times......................................of course if I'm wrong I'll be the first to dive in on the crow , but I hope not....

Rusty

I'm amazed.....

Considering Jon probably has more passes in the last 5 years than Gleason in the last 15, and is a light weight guy himself, and didn't exactly beat Gleasons time by leaps and bounds, and is doing it on a heavily modded Max versus Gleason on a stock one, why is it so hard to believe it's all motor? I don't get it.....

I know there is pretty much one guy out there that has taken ONE issue and made it his lifes goal to have the whole world hear it about what a sorry son of a bitch Jon is, but I have had multiple transactions with the guy without having a single issue with anything he's ever done.

What's the "big lie" Jon has perpetrated on the world?

Think about it guys, except for PCW he's one of the few guys with a viable business selling PERFORMANCE mods instead of bling, exhaust systems, air filters and somebody elses carb kit..not just importing stuff from Europe...and working full time to bring this new bike up to par....Flame me if you want but we need MORE vendors that are willing to do this, not bad mouth the few we have servicing the Vmax out of business..........

We need to preserve this thread so we can all eat crow when it's shown that through perhaps manipulating the electronics and throttle on this bike he really pulled it off and there was no nitrous involved...I've ridden the new bike WOT through 15-20 mph through a 1-2 and 2-3 shift and the fly-by-wire, or maybe some sort of timing retard is very noticeable when NOT giving full throttle when asked for, for one it won't hardly let you make a violent shift into 2nd gear and noticebaly softens the blow even to my un-educated skills.
I have no problem in believing that defeating that "hold-back" would significantly improve 1/4 mile times......................................of course if I'm wrong I'll be the first to dive in on the crow , but I hope not....

Rusty

Rusty,

Take your head out of the sand, the wax out of your ears and put on your glasses. Then maybe you will see the TRUTH!!

What did you buy from John? A relabeled handle bar, turn signal or a set of those great carburetors that work so well.

Cornell also rips his customers off by selling them parts that don't work as advertised or that are defective and then claiming that they were perfect when he sent them and tough shit because you're not getting your money back. Bent wheels, etc... I've got money that you can put john cornell and pee wee gleason on the same bike, same day and pee wee will smack that ass. Maybe this year when he has his little "vmax drag day" he'll try to call out jay gleason. that would be pretty interesting. As for hiding nitrous... here's a zx14 for you that you would never guess had a 40 shot.

seat_3.jpg

Rusty,

What did you buy from John? A relabeled handle bar, turn signal or a set of those great carburetors that work so well.

I've spent around 3 grand with him (or on his stuff) including a set of wheels (fit perfect) and and a first generation set of brand new in the box pipes that another guy said didn't fit but went on fine with a little persuasion about like any header I ever put on a car. The pipes the guy told me Jon told him to send them back and he would make it right, the guy didn't feel like messing with it and simmply sold them to me instead. His later pipes DO fit perfectly, I know, I've installed 3 other sets for people.

I've also installed a set of his Vgas carbs for another friend here in the houston area and will say that it's the only thing I've ever personally seen that made an immediate, noticeable difference in performance without having to put it on a dyno to find out, way more than a set of pipes will do. I don't know what you mean by the implication "don't work like they are supposed to" but the ones I installed worked fucking great.

Too many people take on projects they don't understand or don't realize that they are changing thier ride from a daily driver to a high maintenance hot rod..anyone who ever owned a V8 musclecar pushed to levels over 450 or more horsepower would understand that, and know that they are going to have to dive under the hood often to keep it right, and that if they don't have the skill to do the upkeep they better have plenty of $$ to pay someone else to do it...bikes are no different....except perhaps fuel injected ones, or cars for that matter, they changed the game entirely....

Of course the carbs will make you smell like gas and get water in them when it rains if left outside, any dumbass that thinks they won't understands neither gravity nor Bernoulli's principle....look at the picture for christs sake, the velocity stacks point up (rain) and are at right angles to the slipstream of air rushing by at speed (Bernoulli).....a light rain while riding would NEVER be an issue, only a rue "turd floater"...anyone ever hear of water injection, a little water will not hurt anything

Jon has his issues, the biggest one being that he won't pay someone to answer the phone for him, for christ sake, leave a freakin' message. I've NEVER had him not call me back in less than 24 hours....it only takes one guy sitting in front of a computer 24 hours a days with revenge in his heart to create the "myth" (you know who you are) how 'bout we come up with a list other people Jon has fucked so hard?

My post wasn't about any of this shit anyway, it was about the possible validity of his pass without nitrous, and I believe the new bike is fully capable of those numbers without internal mods and plent of "external" and electronic tweaking.........

How 'bout if you adress those

My suggestion of nitros came from 2 things. 1 Very high MPH numbers. 2 If he is who I think, once caught a cheat you can never be trusted.

Jim N

just kind of funny that he mph's better than pee wee gleason to me :/

just kind of funny that he mph's better than pee wee gleason to me :/

Has no one been paying attention around here?

There are all kiinds of electronic limits on this bike.

One of them was a speed limter that "supposedly" didn't activate on a 1/4 mile run...

Right like any one trusts that it gives ALL the power back.

The guy in Jons shop has been dedicating a huge amouunt of time to exploring and deciphering the electronics on this bike, Maybe they have it figured out? Maybe?:ummm:

That plus the bullshit throttle system could be a biggie...even a dumbass like myself could feel the throttle soften the blow on shifting, that's LOT's of time there, more acceleration up front equals more MPH on the back end...right:ummm:

I'm just not ready to call bulshit on this yet, I have too much hope for this bike, I plan on getting one someday (used of course):biglaugh:

Nor am I ready to call bulshit on Cornell, who else is actually developing REAL products for this bike, Besides the major maker slip-ons, not reselling stuff from Yammie?

I will reserve hope that he isn't lying/cheating. I would love to see the bike make that number but the power to weight ratio, the times and speeds, just don't lead to believable numbers. I am not saying it can't be done but I really don't think it's possible with what was said the bike was prepped with.

Sean

I will reserve hope that he isn't lying/cheating. I would love to see the bike make that number but the power to weight ratio, the times and speeds, just don't lead to believable numbers. I am not saying it can't be done but I really don't think it's possible with what was said the bike was prepped with.

Sean
All Jon has said is he has the worlds fastest Gen 2 Vmax .. That part is true ... How he did it is a different story ..:ummm:

Has no one been paying attention around here?

There are all kiinds of electronic limits on this bike.

One of them was a speed limter that "supposedly" didn't activate on a 1/4 mile run...

Right like any one trusts that it gives ALL the power back.

The guy in Jons shop has been dedicating a huge amouunt of time to exploring and deciphering the electronics on this bike, Maybe they have it figured out? Maybe?:ummm:

That plus the bullshit throttle system could be a biggie...even a dumbass like myself could feel the throttle soften the blow on shifting, that's LOT's of time there, more acceleration up front equals more MPH on the back end...right:ummm:

I'm just not ready to call bulshit on this yet, I have too much hope for this bike, I plan on getting one someday (used of course):biglaugh:

Nor am I ready to call bulshit on Cornell, who else is actually developing REAL products for this bike, Besides the major maker slip-ons, not reselling stuff from Yammie?

Maybe if you knew what you were talking about you would know that pee-wee wasn't on a stock bike by any means. he was riding Tim (the vmax guru) Nash's bike. Think it's stock?

http://www.vmaxguru.com/index.html

I have not seen anything that was posted from Jon about the bike not using nos,so what if it does have the bottle unless they said it was not being used on the runs. The 153 mph and 121mph in the 1/8 is very high for such i heavy bike. I dyno at 227 rear wheel at mid 550 lb chain drive and have only posted a 119.7 mph with some clutch slipping in the 1/8.I also only weigh 175 in full riding gear.That 09 had to be making some serious power near 250hp at tire! Maybe my clutch is slipping alot more than thought. To add to this the freaking bike has a slick!!!!!! i knew the sucky 18 was a bad choice for the max,idiots(yammy) after all years can not figure out we need 17s for performance street tires. Nice times however on the max john

I have not seen anything that was posted from Jon about the bike not using nos,so what if it does have the bottle unless they said it was not being used on the runs. The 153 mph and 121mph in the 1/8 is very high for such i heavy bike. I dyno at 227 rear wheel at mid 550 lb chain drive and have only posted a 119.7 mph with some clutch slipping in the 1/8.I also only weigh 175 in full riding gear.That 09 had to be making some serious power near 250hp at tire! Maybe my clutch is slipping alot more than thought. To add to this the freaking bike has a slick!!!!!! i knew the sucky 18 was a bad choice for the max,idiots(yammy) after all years can not figure out we need 17s for performance street tires. Nice times however on the max john

I agree 100% on the 18" wheel, what were they thinking. Wish I had have thought about more when I went to radials and had bought a 17" wheel instead of the 18".

Or I wish the tire makers would step up to the plate with something better than a cruiser tire for the 18 also since I think a big bike just looks better with an 18 on it.....

Cornell has lied in the past and been caught, so why should anyone believe anything he puts on his web site?

:confused2:

Potential customers want to know.. or is this BS

The Jon Cornell I know has incredible talent, skills, knowledge, expertise and vision far beyond his years. A man with great passion and perfection running thru his veins. He is a rock solid individual with deep rooted ethics and integrity and character. He has some pretty bad ass products too. I have been thru his shop and it is as pristine as some of his V-Max collection. I look forward to see what he has in store for us next.

The Jon Cornell I know has incredible talent, skills, knowledge, expertise and vision far beyond his years. A man with great passion and perfection running thru his veins. He is a rock solid individual with deep rooted ethics and integrity and character. He has some pretty bad ass products too. I have been thru his shop and it is as pristine as some of his V-Max collection. I look forward to see what he has in store for us next.

odd first post

Indeed, very odd.

All please remember, the way to such a fast GEN II max on the drag strip is simply..

...a smaller rear wheel!!

ALL the other mods put together wouldn't make it touch those numbers otherwise.

So if drag race performance is what you're after, change your rear wheel from 18 to 17" and enjoy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back